“Mediocre Hotel”

Hotel Alicante Golf
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have just returned from a short break with my husband and 2 x children. The room was clean and well serviced but was in need of some decoration and general repair. As mentioned in a previous review the hotel does appear to suffer with drainage smell issues which affected one of the rooms that we were in. They were quick to bring an air freshener to deal with this but this is clearly an ongoing issue.

Breakfast was hugely disappointing the hotel was not busy but food wasn't replenished and hot option was lukewarm. So much more could be done to improve this. We ate there more for convenience but would recommend that you use the small tapas restaurant across the road for breakfast. Staff in general were slow to serve and lacked the customer service you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Facilities were generally closing due to the winter period approaching, We did use the indoor pool but this needs repair work to be carried out to the decking surrounding the pool. With young children and adults alike this was a concern as many of the panels were either loose or raised causing it to be a hazard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Now coming back again and again you see how a place changes. Last year I was not so happy but our golf group decided to try again, but not for a week like last time but only 3 days out of a 7 days golf holiday in Spain. And then after that, compering Husa and Alicante Golf to La Sella Marriot in Denia there comparison is unfair in almost every way.
The golf course is not properly maintained, we did not for over 3 days see anyone take care of the course. They did not even bother to move pins on greens between days, they did not bother to cut the greens on Sunday morning so it did not hold the putting line and spike marks around the holes were to the maximum.
The decline of the hotel continues, staff at the hotel bar did not bother to service you, charging bogus lunches to my rooms, and the breakfast buffet was to it's minimum. Luckely we did not have halve board based upon last time experience but if it's anything similar to the breakfast buffet, I cannot recommend it.
So after a trip in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2013, this was the last time in a long while I will visit the Husa Alicante.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Arni_Jon
Celia T, Quality Control Dpt at Hotel Alicante Golf, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Good morning,

We feel very sorry to hear you had such a bad impression from the course and the hotel.

Refering to the golf course, they had just made the greens on the 16th and 17th September. This was the reason you didn’t find the course in its habitual condition, which is informed to every single agency and client.

As usually, after a hollow tinning it takes a minimum of two weeks to be totally recover, however this practise must be done in other to keep the greens in good shape.

We will be happy to inform you directly about any maintenance on the course so you can plan your holidays in the most suitable dates.

According to the hotel, we are always trying to improve our facilities and services. Our buffet has a large range of products, and now you can have a daily menu for 19euros, different everyday.

We really hope this incident doesn’t change your opinion about Alicante Golf Resort and you continue counting on us for your future golf holidays.

In that case, do not hesitate to contact me!

Quality Control dpt

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Overall was disappointed as we had been expecting something top class. The room was dated but was clean and the air conditioning worked great. You need to have your balcony door tight shut for it to work which is why some reviewers might have had problems. The views over the lake and golf course are very pretty and it was a pleasure to sit out at night. Although there was a restaurant in the hotel it was not open, which was a shame as we had to have bar food. This was acceptable but not the same as a special meal. Similarly the pool bar and the hairdressers seemed to be shut most of the time. We would have spent more money had things been open, as it was we went out.
The beach is a good walk away. There is a regular tram into Alicante but in hot weather this was too much hassle so we used taxis.
Breakfast was quite poor. This hotel caters for the Spanish tastes and it could do with being a bit more international. It would be fine for golfers but for a general holiday you are better off nearer Alicante.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake for quiet and great views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beanbag2013
Celia T, Quality Control Dpt at Hotel Alicante Golf, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments. It is a pitty you did not come again in july or august, as all our restoration was fully open, we had transfer to the beach, and the temperature was really nice!

I hope you enjoyed anyway your stay!

We take note of all your remarks.

Thank you very much!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have just returned back from 5 nights at the Husa after staying at the Melia in Alicante for 4 days before moving (Both 4 stars!) We = myself and my 14 year old daughter.

Let's say the positives first..... I booked on-line at a great price.

The room was ready when we checked in early, however the room smelt and also was not the double double room we had booked it was a regular twin room. A bonus it looked over the golf course.

We ate in the bar when we arrived at lunchtime with only 1 other person in there and had a lovely club sandwich at 11 euros. A selection of nuts/nibbles were given with drinks. This was the one and only time nibbles were offered.

We headed out that evening as the beach is a 10 minute walk across the road.

Back into the hotel and the smell really hits you. Drains??

Air-conditioning worked well and the room was cleaned well. Only English TV channel was BBC world news.

We ate in the restaurant the 2nd night and at 19 euro's each with a drink we had a nice meal. (Very limited English spoken though but we like this)

The pool was lovely and quiet and although the pool bar service was fine, there was not much available from the menu or ice creams as 'finished'.....

That night we could not get a table in the restaurant as full. So we ate in the bar.... not a good experience at all and food was awful. (Salmon and chips and Steak and chips) We did comment but nothing was done and expensive. My daughter had a dessert which came out as 3 scoops of ice cream for 6 euros and then I was told no Cava........ NO CAVA!! It had 'finished'
I then asked for a coffee liqueur as menu's everywhere but this had 'finished' too (10pm)

We booked a table well in advance for our last night as enjoyed the food. When we turned up to the restaurant at 8.30pm, we were told closed 'finished' which I was really cross about as explained I had booked a few days before and got told to eat from the bar menu..... I explained we had paid a lot on a previous evening for a bad meal and headed to reception to complain.

I was more or less laughed at by the gentleman on reception.

I was then told we could eat then in the restaurant because I made a fuss (We didn't want to head out that night)......... we were the only 2 people in there and another 4 groups of people were turned away. Does this hotel not want to keep their guests in the hotel to eat and drink?? We were also told no Sprite 'Finished'

The waiter who served us was lovely and he felt bad. The food also was not as good. My daughter had bones and no meat for her bbq steak. Also Cava was back available but a dirty glass.

This hotel smells, no stock of regular items and although a few of the staff are lovely (Older male waiter and pool bar waitress were fab!!) most are not so friendly.

The tram stop is across the road behind the Burger King. It is great value at 1.45 euro and run every 30 mins.

Would I return - NO. I came away for a relaxing much needed rest. After a few nights at the Melia which has the same rating we were spoilt. I would class the Husa as a budget hotel with a golf course and a pool.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TheVineGM

Dear Customer

I am very apologize with your experience.

The hotel use to replace all our products in order not to have any one left. Very sorry for this.

I hope you will come again and feel as being at home the next time.

Do not hesitate to contact me!

Quality Control Dpt

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a lovely experience at this hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, air conditioning worked well, staff very responsive. Had an opportunity to use the pool which was sparkling and well maintained. Did not take any meals at the hotel, but did sit on the patio each morning for a light breakfast. The lobby furnishings are a bit outdated and I would have appreciated Wifi In my room.

I travel quite a bit and will plan on returning soon.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara J

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your opinion!

Refering to the wifi service, we have it available and free for our customers in the public area.

Some of our rooms also have wifi sometimes, so please do not hesitate to ask at the reception desk for a code and try with your computer!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel along with golf friends who had travelled from the UK.
The golf course was very good, hotel is dated and definitely needs upgrading.
Breakfast selection was very poor, food was cold
My room was adequate
Unfortunately the reception area had a smell which I assumed was from the pool/spa
I would not recommend the hotel but the golf side was very good, we received very good service

Room Tip: ground floor preferable for golfers equipment
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank zakboy
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel before, it was disappointing to note that standards have declined. We had issues with poor breakfast menu, air conditioning and rooms in need of upgrading.(crack in sink ). golf course was a fair test and our fourball took just over four hours which we considered acceptable. great tram service to the centre of Alicante

Room Tip: Choose room at back which will face on golf course
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank farkyscotland
Celia T, Quality Control Dpt at Hotel Alicante Golf, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for your comments. All the information you can give us, is really important to improve our service and facilities.

We are very sorry about your disappointment. The hotel has very similar high quality standards from years, always trying that changes give advantages to the guests.

Refering to the air conditionning, all of the rooms are at the moment being checked.

We hope you will come again to Husa Alicante Golf and enjoy again our facilities.

We remain at your disposition in case you would like to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,