“Perfect to relax”

Pension Alicante San Nicolas
Ranked #3 of 28 Alicante B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent part of our Honeymoon there. We really loved the room. Nice location, close from the beach, restaurants, tourist places...etc
We are coming back for sure. Grettings from Stefan E. and Jezabel

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jezabel87

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Before I go anywhere I always check out what other people say on Tripadvisor, and I usually agree with most of the comments. So I booked this place with confidence, but was disappointed. It was not a good start. I had advised my arrival time as about 19.00 but I got there a bit early and found that the bell was not being answered. Not a nice experience in a dark and unfamiliar narrow road in a strange town. I walked around for a bit then tried the owner’s mobile - left a message but never got a reply. Went back just after 19.00 and was then admitted. The girl at the reception desk said that 19.00 was the time I was expected and that was why I could not get in earlier! The room was very disappointing. It had everything in it that I had read about but was very small and the bed was not particularly comfortable. It was also very noisy, not just talking and laughing but sounds of heavy furniture being moved around. I was later told by Carolina, the owner, that yes it does get noisy at weekends. I think I was probably expecting too much after a good experience I had from a different establishment the previous year. A pity because Carolina and her helpers are very nice people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Brynman4
Reviewed October 17, 2013

On our annual visit to Benidorm this year, we decided that we should also spend a few nights in Alicante as we only use Alicante like so many other travellers to fly in and out of.We made our mind up that we should spend some time in Alicante and actually visit the city.I looked at so many Hotels, apartments and other accommodation but I just somehow picked this one after e-mailing it and the responses provided encouraged me to book it.At first when we found the property,we did wonder had we done the right thing as you were faced with a hugh old wooden entrance door to a tenemental property located in a side street behind the Cathedral.Once we met with the property owner who was called Carolina who is French and speaks 1st class English and many other languages we knew that we would be ok.Carolina is a very genuine, caring, hospitable and multi-talented person who made our stay so much more enjoyable and we felt that we had known her for years. The actual location is ideal for exploring Alicante, but it does get noisy at weekends and remember that you are staying in an old building within the Old Town but this place provides excellent value for money and was spotlessly clean and Carolina makes all of her guests feel very welcome indeed. We wish you all the best upon the arrival of your New Baby and trust that you keep good health, always. xx

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoweOTheMearns
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This pension is gorgeous - the french owner is super friendly and speaks excellent english, spanish & german - she is incredibly helpful & the place is immaculate. Right in the centre of the old town, minutes from the beach, perfect for fiestas - a real little find - I go back again & again!!! Nichola

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the front with the enormous traditional style windows but they do get more stree...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NIcholanichola
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I went here back in July for a friend's birthday weekend and we absolutely loved the place. It was a great building and for the price we paid it was such a bargain. Luckily we didn't mind the open bathroom in the room but if you aren't so keen on being able to see your fellow guest on the loo while you're on the bed then I suggest you request a different room to the blue double one we had. The rooms were spotless and well stocked. The staff friendly and the rooms so quiet that we managed to sleep in 'til midday on one occasion. I would definitely recommend and hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great location, v close to the beach and port. The rooms had all the things you would need, and you could borrow beach towels etc. Carolina and the other lady (not sure of her name!) were both very helpful and friendly. The reception is not always manned, so it is a good idea to ring and confirm your time of arrival. But both live very near to the hostel. Overall I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband & I spent one night in Pension San Nicolas & found it the perfect place for our needs & budget. It's centrally located in the heart of historic Alicante, providing easy access to the beaches, shops, restaurants & cultural attractions. Carolina is a wonderful hostess --multi-lingual & very friendly. The rooms are charming and spotlessly clean. For the budget traveller looking for a comfortable place to rest after a day or night on the town, Pension San Nicolas can't be beat!

• Stayed: June 2013