Apartamentos Turisticos Alicante Hills
$214
$189
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hotel Castilla Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
$55
La City(Alicante)(Great Value!)
$66
$63
  • Room Service
Hotel Maya Alicante(Alicante)(Great Value!)
$88
$44
$85
$80
Hotels.com
All reviewswashing machineapartment hotelthe buscutlery and crockeryseparate bedroom and living roompool areafridge freezerregular bus servicepull out bednear airportbig apartmentplenty of loungershour receptionan early flightsmall kitchenthese apartmentsliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location for travel to Alicante airport, as it's just 5 - 10 minutes away in a taxi. Perfect if your flight arrives in the evening, as the apartments even have a small kitchen which is a useful feature although the pots and pans were not clean; you can buy washing up equipment from reception which is helpful.

I visited out of season in October, and the hotel was very quiet at the time but there were always staff available when you needed them. The rooms were clean and modern, with all the features that you would expect.

The only downside of the hotel would be its location; it is a good distance from Alicante town centre (at least 10 minutes in a car), and close to a busy road. However, its proximity to the airport definitely makes up for this if you are flying in or out of Alicante. I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two here, as getting about would become an issue!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dave_yg2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This otherwise convenient stopover facility only seems to fall flat on its face in one area,,and that's due to the inconsiderations of the original planners, developers or the builders..
You will not fault the cleanliness, the staff or the value for money in terms of what you get for your euro in terms of conveniences of staying there, but unless your room is pointing towards the sea, you can forget about a restful night's sleep and even if your room IS pointing outwards towards the med,, just make sure there are no occupants to either side of you.. Why??
If you're unfortunate to have a room positioned with a balcony that faces another balcony and THAT opposing balcony has 4 residents who decide that its great to sit up all night ON that balcony and chat, then even with your bedroom windows closed and the shutters down, you're going to hear the amplified effects of their conversations.. If your next door neighbours are in, you WILL get the giste of their NORMAL mobile telephone conversations and anything else they are discussing or,, partaking of (if you follow my drift?) ;-) SUCH a shame! If ONLY, when they originally designed and built this otherwise, superb value for money establishment, they had CONSIDERED that a HOTEL NEEDS a modicom of privacy for its guests, then perhaps the adequate insulation (both in, out and between the fabrications) could have established this Apart/Hotel as one of the finest in the region.. On our visit, we can only consider ourselves lucky that it wasn't the height of the season, or it could have been a holiday from hell. Oh, and security wise,, be warned,,, the pool area was definitely a haven for the casual, walk in off the street, users who made it very difficult for the hotel's PAYING customers to even get a sunbed around the pool area.. Make sure you have a car when staying and just utilise the place as a convenient start off point to all your ventures around the region... Very convenient shopping area just a few minutes down the 332 (past the airport) at Gran Alacant (turn off at the Repsol fuel station)

Room Tip: Face the Med or wear very effective earplugs..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyslot
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just reurned from a weeks stay at Alicante Hills. On arrival was very welcoming,only 14 euros from airport. Like last reviewer they put us in a one bedroom apartment directly above the Cafe. Had a awful restful night room stanked of cigarette and was so noisy from people walking outside, next day asked to be moved. To be fair they moved us too a two bedroom appartment 2 bathroom in block 4 which was fabulous, was quiet and overlooking the pool area but not directly. My problem with this hotel is that is doesnt really cater for tourists most of the people there are locals and therefore drive.I I found alot of French and Spanish at this hotel, and found the people there to be quite unfriendly to the Brits, which I heard this mentioned from other Brits there also. Had to get a taxi or bus everywhere which began to cost a fortune. There is nothing to do in Alicante town centre apart from buy some amazing clothes at great prices. Wanted to eat out one lunch time and could not find a decent restaurant ..seem to be mostly cafes. Benidorm is a 3 hours journey away by bus/tram. Food at the Alicante Hills was vey repetative. Breakfast was not nice and the same every single day to be fair although lunch and dinner was also repetative was not bad, drinks were also included in the 12 euros for lunch/dinner.
The kitchen area was very well equipped although we did not cook. There was no telephone in the room to contact reception or make an outside call which I found very annoying as I had to walk to reception from our block which was at the back of the hotel for any issue or question I had. There is also no shop onsite for essentials the nearest supermarket is about 10-15 mins by taxi.( When we were there they were in the process of building on a shop). There is no safe in the room and have to use the safe in reception. I had my ring stolen by the maid when I was actually sitting in the apartment while she was cleaning it , I later wrote her a note and gave a option to return it or I would make a complaint, it miracously turned up the next day saying she had found it. The pool area was nice and opens most of the day. Some one mentioned pool parties every nite but I did not hear any noise after the pool was closed at 10pm. They have Wi FI connection which is good and the tv has only one English speaking channel. Overall my stay was comfortable, would be nice if there was more to do there for entertainment.

Room Tip: Block 4 is very nice and overlooking the side of pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Scenery1
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel from the August 1 til August 08 and were thoroughly pleased. We booked a double apartment without breakfast for a very good price (will not mention it though for hotels sake and because everyone has a different perspective of what is cheap and what is not). We arrived a little after midnight which was not a problem as the reception is open 24 hours.

The room we were given the first night was on the first floor and as my wife is a little difficult sleeper we asked to be moved to a higher floor were she wouldn't hear people waking by (we did mention this in the booking but they seemed to have overlooked this). The next day we were moved to a 4 floor (3 in Spanish terms) without any problems. The apartment was very similar with aircon in the living area (none in the bedrooms) that was equipped with a small 27 inch tv (but who cares, you didn't come all the way to Alicante to watch tv), a sofa bed, a small storage space and a dining table; the kitchen had a good refrigerator, an oven, and everything for your dining needs such as cutlery, dishes, cups etc; the bedroom(s) were also very nice with closets and a nice bed (mattress good). The bathrooms were very good but if the hotel reads the review I would recommend they install an odor extractor. The balcony we had overlooked the pool area and was also nice. The room was always clean and we barely noticed our neighbors. The pool was open from 10 - 22 (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and was very nice. We had read about pool parties but IMO I think they were way to stressed out and were in the wrong place as 22 is not late (just barely dark at that hour in the summer time).

Another thing we had read was the location. Quite frankly I think for the extra price of staying downtown you still are paying less for transport and hotel at this location. You can buy a TAM card that you can recharge for a minimum of 7 euros which gives you 10 fares (you can transfer without paying another fare) but you can also pay more and it gives you more fares at a greater discount. The hotel is a 15 minute bus ride away but we didn't mind at least. The bus stops in front of the hotel at certain hours (ask reception). There is also a small beach just 5 minutes waking distance from the hotel which is completely ok (not the most beautiful but serves the purpose). Taxi to hotel at night is 7 euros from the center, from the airport is around 17, and to the airport is around 12-15 euros. I consider that very good compared to my hometown (Reykjavik, Iceland).

The reception staff was very helpful and very friendly.

All in all we loved the stay and would come back if we returned.

Room Tip: If you have special requests call hotel reception and confirm with them (comments in bookings seem to be ignored).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tomas J
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas 2011. The rooms were spacious and spotless. There was a lack of cutlery and crockery in the kitchen but there were 4 of us and it was Christmas! Furniture and decor was lovely and the little balcony was a sun trap. The only problem was the location. The bus to town never once showed up and we had to pay for taxis to and from town every time we went out which quickly added up to quite an amount.

• Stayed: December 2011