“3 Mature ladies on a walking Holiday”

La Quinta Park Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Ursula
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this lovely Hotel from 8th till 15th November on a walking Holiday booked through Preferred Travel. We travelled from Aberdeen and arrived at 1.30am to be met by our rep and walking guide and were checked in by a helpful male receptionist, and given lovely salads to take to our room. When we saw it we couldn't believe the size of what I would describe as a suite, having a kitchen, bathroom, large living area with table, chairs, sofa, coffee table and TV, a large bedroom with plenty of storage. We also had a balcony with lovely views of the pool area and the sea!!! One of my friends slept on a bed in the lounge area and said it was very comfortable. Next day we were meant to do the Mount Teide walk but we decided to give that walk a miss as we were shattered something I will take up with Preferred Travel. The staff were helpful and pleasant especially at Reception. The courtesy bus to Puerto de la Cruz was a real bonus and we took taxis back a couple of times and between 3 was reasonable. We did a trip to La Laguna and is well worth the visit. On the Tuesday evening we were treated to a Gala Dinner and a show with wine included and all served by the staff who were all dressed very smartly for the occasion, the show was also well dressed and excellent which we were a little surprised at as in general the entertainment wasn't great and as the Hotel is on the outskirts of Santa Ursula there was only a local bar and a very handy supermarket near the Hotel. Overall the accommodation, food, staff, location and Hotel were excellent, I have however one complaint, there were three of us sharing one mirror and it was in the bathroom!! Maybe a full length mirror in the bedroom could be arranged. Thank you for a wonderful Holiday. 3 Happy Ladies from Aberdeen.

Room Tip: If possible request a high room with a pool view, we were 3rd floor and heard no noise at ant time o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth S
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your very detailed review about your stay at La Quinta Park Suites. I am glad you have felt comfortable with our staff kindness, the location of the Hotel, the sea view of the room and other amenities as our special Gala Dinner.
We hope you to return soon so you can visit the rest of the island, including the Mount Teide which is a must.
By the way, forgive us for the lack of an additional mirror, but we are sure that three lovely ladies like you don't need to do many things get ready!
Best Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We travelled 0n 16th August for one week, 2adults 2 children 12 & 14.

THE PROS:

On Arrival, we drove our self’s to the hotel from south airport (about an hour) and found the hotel easily. The hotel looked a little dated but ok, the receptionists were all quite nice with us, in fact they and the spa staff were the only nice staff we met all week. We had a huge 2 bedroom apartment with a kitchen, although we were all inclusive, with a really great sea view overlooking Puerto, Again this was dated but as a base we were happy with it. (Definitely only a 3 star but 3 star prices too).

The pool area was ok with plenty of spare beds and my children loved the pools. Small but adequate.

The food was ok, I will eat anything "she says" but we all found something we liked each night, It’s not fantastic and we ate out a few times to break the routine, and to avoid the rude staff.

The spa was, for this hotel very good, I pulled my back 3 days before travelling and had a massage from a great guy who helped no end and the heated chairs down below the pool were a great help too. We used the spa twice but the children were not happy as they were too young. Over 16 only. The Spa staff were all very nice too.

THE CONS:

Number 1 complaint is the shear rudeness and attitude of the staff, the worse for me being the head waiter, we nearly came to blows one night he was so rude with us. As been mentioned in other reviews, you have to wear trousers which I thought was only for the gala evening, OH NO!! Every night, so I wore the only pair I had every night!! A simple communication about this rule would help before traveling.

This hotel has so many rules it spoils any fun or relaxation. No balls in pool, no inflatables, no drinks to be carried between the bar and restaurant. (They actually said "this is not possible" and snatched them of us at the restaurant doors, then made us order the same drinks again? we are all inclusive! it’s your loss..

The language barrier in this part of the island proved a problem at times, but that’s ok just try a little Spanish.

The stupid pink card that you must carry to do anything, shared between the whole family this is a pain, the kids want drinks, breakfast, snacks, you have to always have it, and your wrist bands. And it is your responsibility not the hotels!! So it says. So don’t loose it.

The strict meal times, grrrr we had to eat between 18.30 and 20.00 or else. We were once late back from the town and were told rudely "for you this is over". After complaining we were allowed to eat at the later sitting. You just don’t need the hassle on your hols.

There was nothing / nowhere to walk to of an evening from the hotel. The free bus to town was great but last bus at about 7pm; we ate in Puerto and taxi back once which was brill 13euro for the taxi.

The Bar staff!! omg im getting annoyed just thinking of them, rude, slow and often just gave you anything to get rid of you. I got the feeling the staff were not happy in their work and took it out on the "PAYING “customers.

I feel this hotel is trying to be a 4 star by being pretentious and having stupid snobby rules. It’s a 3 star and it should let the families have fun.

I feel it’s a shame because this hotel could be so much better if the atmosphere were friendly; sadly I would not recommend it and will not return.

Oh on the last night 4 of the lats broke on our bed

So honeymooners beware!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank dav551993
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are so sorry to hear that you were not able to relaxing during your stay in our Hotel. Indeed, some activities are prohibited in pool and children are not allowed to access the termal area just because we don't want our other guests feel annoyed. Moreover, we would like to remind you that the communication about wearing trousers in the restaurant is clearly shown when a reservation is made.
However, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and we will do everything we can to avoid this situation in the future.
Best regards for you and your family,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

To start, the receptionist, Richard, who gave us a treatment as if we were the nastier people he´s ever met in his life, as if we were going to burnt out his 'amazing' hotel, that was the first impression I got from the hotel, and I wouldn´t had stayed in there for any longer, but my wife just got to calm me down and we stayed...

When you get in the bedroom it´s kind of nice, although after a bit in there you realize that furnishing is a bit damaged here and there, and little aspects that shows lack of continuous care on their property, that´s ok for a 3-star hotel, but not for a hotel that adevertises themselves as a 4-star suite hotel...

After resting in our bedroom for a bit while having a chat we decided to have a shower to go to the spa, and then is when I found some hairs in the bath, and some people may find that I´m being a bit picky, but I remind you that this is suppossedly a 4-star hotel... I took those hairs away and got in to have my bath.

When we arrived to the spa, we found that it was in an awful basement with no ventilation, but after all, it wasn´t that bad in comparison to the rest...

Let´s get in bed time!!! of course more hair in the pillow area, and as an added bonues, a hole on the bed linen!!! Is this a 4-star hotel?!?!?!?!

About the food, well, it wasn´t bad, but it wasn´t at a 4-star hotel standard... The staff in the restaurant wasn´t really able to communicate in english but they made an effort, and did well with body language...

And to be fair, the rest of the staff was nice with us, the girl in the spa area and the other receptionists too.

I won´t recommend this place to anyone expecting to find a 4-star hotel, as a 3 star-hotel is OK if they get rid of that nasty receptionist called Richard.

There are more things to say, but I just don´t want to spend more time on this, and I think I´ve expossed my views about this place clearly.

Room Tip: don´t get a room here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lgranado
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, we want you to know that all customer reviews are read carefully in order to learn from our mistakes. For this reason, we would like to thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience in TripAdvisor and we apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay at our Hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

where do i start....we arrived at the hotel late on our first day (due to the flight being slightly delayed) to be quite abruptly told that we were last in so THAT room would have too do. We went too the room and were pleasantly surprised. Next is when things started too go down hill quite quickly, we went to the restaurant for some dinner( well we tried) we were told that my partner and sons could not go in as they were not wearing trousers ( NOWHERE does it state in hotel info when booking that men need trousers) after a rather long discussion they found my partner and sons some old waiter trousers too wear so we could finally eat. The food isn't really up to much poor choice and i think some of it is re heated leftovers, on Tuesday they shut restaurant altogether for a gala dinner which to be honest was poor. You have to carry this pink card around with you my partner could'nt go for breakfast on his own as if they put a cross on the breakfast box for that day myself and the kids could'nt go because it meant he'd taken our turn, you could'nt do anything without this card even though we were wearing wristbands too show what board you were.
Now on too the lack of service at the bar... most evenings you have to wait between 25-40 mins to get a drink, carlos(i think he was head barman)was one of the rudest people i have met he'd ignore you put your drinks in a dirty glass which i had watched him doing on several occasions, get the wrong drinks or not get your drink at all. one person on bar all the time even when it was busy.The only good things too this hotel are that is location is lovely and its clean. Worst All Inclusive i have ever been too way over priced for what you get,will definately not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank welshlass2013

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay at La Quinta wasn't as pleasant as you expected. On behalf of the Team I want you to express my apologize for any disappointment with our Hotel and at least I hope you have spent a great time in Tenerife during your holidays.

Silvia G

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Well I write this review whilst Sat in the bar area of this hotel!
We arrived late on a tuesday morning 2 am in fact and was given a map of the complex by the then waiter on reception I later found out ,we got to the room and found we had stepped back in time to to a butlins chalet complete with wooden furniture and floral padded cushions and best of all a pull out ricketty wooden bed definitely not what you want after a tiring flight and had paid a lot money for and was looking for something modern and spacious according to the sunmaster website pictures and not a throw back to the 1950s , we went back to the reception and made enquiries as to weather this was indeed our room and yes because it's a family room we booked they look nothing like the pictures in the brochure.

Ok good points now nice elevated position over looking the sea if a bit to far to see the sea.
Pool area was nicely laid out with the 50s look of the hotel to see.

Bad points bar staff really slow maybe could do with two bar staff on at busy times and not collecting imaginary glasses all the time.
Night entertainment... haven't any! .. Never seen that many kids of different ages on iPods / tablets because theres nothing for them to do ... ;(
Food is mediocre.. nothing special
Just make sure if you book here you book for the gala dinner?? On tuesday evening because if you dont the ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL that you booked will have closed its restaurant that night and there's nothing to eat unless you ask and then they tell you to take it BACK TO YOUR ROOM and eat it there so not to let other guest see you eating in the bar area!!!!!... needless to say this went down like a lead balloon.. !!

So that's my honest opinion while I sit here... I won't book here again probably go to the south of the island where the weather is a lot better to... allways seems cloudy here!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank royalburger1

Dear Guest,

In the name of La Quinta's Team I would like to apologize for not be able to fulfill your expectations. We always try to do our best to make our customers' stay as pleasant as possible, so I feel sorry if we didn't get that.

Silvia G

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nice hotel, great rooms in junior suite with sea views and balcony. All inclusive option is buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every Tuesday evening the main restaurant is closed and the hotel put on a gala evening- consisting of a sit down set 5 course dinner and 2 live shows. This is a little boring for younger children. Bar and restaurant staff work very hard there is a need for more staff in both areas. Pools clean and not too over crowded. Great tennis courts although you do have to pay to use these. Good 17 hole crazy golf around the complex. Good gym and squash courts. This hotel is situated in a quiet residential area with only one small shop within walking distance. There are free buses from the hotel to puerto de la cruz. Hotel on hillside so no assess to beach or sea. When we stayed the hotel was mainly occupied by Spanish and Germans. Weather can be cloudy and is cooler than the south coast of Tenerife. Hotel generally very clean and well kept. Evening entertainment poor but this is partly due to nationalities staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Gorgeous H
Silvia G, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words and thorough description of the services and facilities of our Hotel. It is true that we are located in a quiet area, but this is just to ensure the rest of our guests. However, we are delighted that you have stayed with your family in La Quinta Park Suites during your holiday in Tenerife and we really hope you think of us again on your next visit to the island.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

we had a very good surprice when we arrived at la Quinta. Nice and quiet setting, friendly staff, beauiful views and big rooms (well, rather an appartment). The only thing we really did not like are the matrasses - there are very old and need to be replaced urgently. Otherwise the place is just perfect if you are planning a hiking holiday. The nights are quiet and having breakfast on the balcony is a dream. We think it is probably a better idea to buy things at the shop around the corner and make your own breakfast as the breakfast room looks rather grimm...
we definitely would come back and stay at la Quinta. It is not a four star - but it does not have the price of a 4 star neither - so what do you expect?

Room Tip: definitely on the seaside, but not above the pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aulax
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear client:

We are glad you came and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your opinion and we will do as much as we can to make you fell at home next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ursula
#16 of 60 in Costa Adeje
Muthu Royal Park Albatros
Muthu Royal Park Albatros
#9 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona

Been to La Quinta Park Suites? Share your experiences!