Just spent a week at La Quinta Park, and very much enjoyed our stay. We were lucky to have lovely sunny weather and swam in the outdoor pool quite often. We were all inclusive; very good food, especially if you choose the freshly cooked omelettes, or fish which always came with a lovely smile from the chef. Lots of choice with the salads and the breads.The fresh fruit is wonderful so so much tastier than in the UK. Don't expect English or French cheeses though!
One night a week the hotel present a gala dinner with a show. We were a bit unsure of this - but it turned out a really good evening. We had waiter service for a good meal and then local folk dancing and singing,followed by a superb trio of dancers/gymnastics who were very entertaining.
We found the hard working staff friendly - a buenos dias from the guest goes a long way as do gracias and por favor. In fact they were some of the nicest staff we have met abroad. The reception staff were very busy, but became more friendly the more we spoke to them. But the best has to be the young lady who is now Public Relations officer - sitting opposite the reception. She is so friendly and helpful - a real asset to this hotel.
The grounds close to the pool and hotel are well planted and beautifully kept. We never saw any rubbish anywhere.
We stayed in one of the suites on the lowest level - it was very spacious and sitting on the terrace around 6pm was so peaceful - no building between us and the sea. We did however have to walk up a good few steps before we got to the lift! (There is also a slope for pushchairs and cases)
Towels are provided for the swimming pool (and our room towels were white and of a good standard -not grey and threadbare as in a previous review).
We chose this hotel because it is in a quiet place - we wanted a relaxing week, reading, swimming, resting. One day we walked into Santa Ursula and found a little square, but not really worth going into, except for the exercise! Took the hotel bus into Puerto de la Cruz - and hated the place! Full of tacky shops and loads of people wondering along!
I would go there again for a quiet week in the sun during our horrible English winter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel-Spa & Conventions La Quinta Park Suites, is located in the north of Tenerife on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with spectacular panoramic views of not only the Teide, the volcano with the highest peak in all of Spain, but also of Puerto de la Cruz as well as the rest of the valley of La Orotava. The hotel is surrounded by a naturally captivating setting of subtropical gardens where you can relish in an unsurpassable climate of eternal spring. It is situated in a privileged community and is guaranteed to be the ideal place for anyone seeking tranquillity and contact with nature.The semi-circular building consists of Junior Suites, which are complete with all of the luxuries of home. Moreover, as an alternative leisure activity we have on our premises the first Spa in northern Tenerife: a true oasis for complete relaxation and peace of mind. Here we offer a complete array of the latest health and beauty programs, and we are always seeking to satisfy even the most demanding of clients by always offering personalised treatment and paying attention to the smallest of details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Park Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Park Hotel Santa Ursula
- La Quinta Santa Ursula
- La Quinta Puerto De La Cruz
- Santa Ursula La Quinta
- La Quinta Park Suites Tenerife/Santa Ursula