“Nice hotel - even nicer food”

La Quinta Park Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Ursula
Lancaster, England
“Nice hotel - even nicer food”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Just got back from a very enjoyable week-long family holiday at the La Quinta Park Suites. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was okay. The whole hotel is kept very clean by the staff and our room was cleaned most days. We went all-inclusive for the first time and I have to say the food was brilliant. There's a huge choice of freshly cooked food, the salads in particular were lovely and the fresh fruit and desserts were beautiful. Restaurant, bar, cleaning and gym staff were charming, polite and helpful. We used the gym and spa, too, which come at an extra cost (20 euros a week for the gym and 36 euros for 5 visits to the adults-only spa). The resort itself is very quiet with little to do outside the hotel and we used the free shuttle bus three times to visit Puerto de la Cruz (7km away). During our stay I'd say 70 per cent of the guests were OAPs, most of the rest were families with young children. Any review on Trip Advisor would be incomplete without a moan, so here's mine. Our beds were uncomfortable - more like camp beds than real beds - and the outdoor pool was too cold for me. Apart from that, a great holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main hotel (below the swimming pools) are of a much higher standard.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank emmyoueffsee
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our hotel.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at La Quinta Park Suites. Your comment helps us to understand your point of view. Our purpose is to make you feel as if you were at home and solve the posible negative details.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you again. If you are thinking to come back to Tenerife, do not hesitate to contact us, and we will help you with your reservation.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My Fiance and I travelled to Tenerife with my parents and brother in January 2012. It was a good job we did, as La Quinta was so awful we ended up staying with my family in another resort in Puerto de la Cruz for the whole week.
I think we were given a particularly awful room - in a one bedroom studio apartment below the pool, separate to the main building. The decor was dated - think 1960s-70s, with the most basic kitchen and furniture. Well below standard for a 4 star (more like a 2 star) and nothing like the pictures on their website. It was dark, dingy and cold, the temperature control unit appeared to be broken. The room was also damp - which was clearly evident on the wall in the bedroom. When I mentioned this to the staff they offered to get us some blankets. They said the hotel was fully booked and we wouldn't be able to change rooms. They said to ask again in another couple of days and to speak to the Manager. As we were staying in a separate resort with my family, we decided to get on and enjoy our holiday rather than keep coming back to La Quinta to try and speak to the Manager. The reception staff were very rude and unhelpful. I also thought it was a cheek that as a guest of the hotel we had to pay to use the spa facilities.
It's a shame as the hotel has a beautiful setting overlooking the sea and with a bit of renovation it could be amazing.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms in the main building are better - although I didn't get to see them. Pay a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Rachel F
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting your review.

We always want to provide our clients with the best service and always want to know if we have not met their expectations. In this case, we apologize because we see that you don't like some aspects of our hotel. Your comments and impressions have been addressed to the responsible persons in order to analyse them.

It is a shame that the hotel was full, and we couldn't offer you another room. We think that we have very good rooms, and our high occupancy is a sample of that.

Your feedback helps us to improve our services and quality standards.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Ursula hotels

Firenze
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The hotel offered an excellent package (half board) for our family at a very reasonable rate. As already mentioned the rooms and common areas could do with a makeover but the staff are great which makes the difference. We had 2 evening meals, one the gran gala, and the quality was good. We renteled a car from the airport, easy 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trvlbug63
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience in our hotel. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at La Quinta Park Suites. We try to make you feel in our hotel as if you were at home.

We are looking forward to welcomingo you next time.

Best Regards

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Apartment hotel is located 7 km from Puerto de la Cruz in a quiet environment. It goes shuttlebus every hour with the exception of Siesta time and return at Latest. 19:30. The hotel has beautiful surroundings with its own botanical gardens, lovely swimming pool and children's pool. The hotel is not new but it is well maintained. Friendly service in the lobby, cleaning staff and the pool bar.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Observer51
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Sir,
We are glad to know that you like our hotel, and that you have spent a good holidays with us.
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.
We would like to welcoming you again.
Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel in December. I had read the nasty comments and was a bit hesitant but "the price was right" and the photos did appeal to us. On behalf of the staff I have no bad comments to make, you don´t feel like you´re at home but they are helpful. We had a half board plan and although breakfast was no feast it sure had more than I have at home, sufficient to say the least. Dinner was enjoyable enough although after a week I was kind of tired of everything. Next time we go we´re only going to get breakfast because the island has very good cuisine at great prices so it´s worth exploring. I would not recommend going to the this hotel because of it´s kitchenette because you do not feel like cooking anything there, it´s not well equipped and lacks some basic things. The worst part for us was the lack of heating because night time temperatures aren´t enough to keep the rooms comfortably warm, specially when you have to get out of the shower. They gave us two scruffy blankets and no heater as we requested, but nothing that cuddling won´t overcome. The cleaning is not the best I´ve seen, the hallway carpet is full of dust and our bathroom amenities weren´t replaced even after requesting, so my husband had to go to the reception personally to get some shampoo!
I would recommend renting a car to get around because although they have a free bus to Puerto de la Cruz, the´re are other places nearby that are a must like the Orotava town, and the Teide volcano, which you can only access by car, and car rental and gas on the island is cheaper than usual, although parking is somewhat of a challenge around the hotel.
The up side was the use of the indoor pool which was my everyday ritual before dinner and was free at this time of year.
I highly recommend printing your reservation because our checkout amount did not correspond with what we were counting on because of an employees "mistake"?! that was overcome because of our long and hard insistance.
Globally this evaluation doesn´t look so good but we had a great time romancing in Tenerife and everything else just seems to fall into second place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank C-L-forever
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel. That is the way to understand your point of view. We apologize if you did not like some aspects of our hotel. Our purpose is to solve all the possible negative things and improve day a day.
We would be glad to welcoming you in the future.
UK
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We spent 2 weeks here in Nov. Like many reports have said the decor is tired but everything else is excellent. The food is very good with lots of choice. The staff are very helpful, there is a good shuttle bus service into Puerto de la Cruz, lots of excursions leave from the front of the hotel, the entertainment is somewhat lacking but that's not my scene anyway. The rooms are dated but very clean and well kept and roomy.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pools have the better view but can have a little more noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank UkRobA
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear UkRoba,

Thank you very much for your comment.

We are very glad to know that you have spent a good time in our hotel and it is very nice to read that you have enjoyed a good holidays here in Tenerife, sharing with us your own experiences.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time!

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have spent a week in la Quinta Park suits. Mainly because we were tired of Puerto De la Cruz and wanted some nicer place for a while. We've checked a prices at the hotel in the reception and quote given was 20% higher than on-line. Booked on-line at hotels website day before check-in. I've been advised that I could be coming before 2PM to check in as it is no problem and everything including baby cot should be there ready. I was not in hurry, and we arrived at 4PM to find out that our room is NOT READY. It took us (including very tired 2yo) more than half an hour to get to a room that wasn't even fully cleaned. Really not a kind of experience you would expect from 4 star hotel when booked on-line than called to make sure everything is ready especially if you travel with a child. Non of this would probably happened when going with travel agency.

This whole welcome episode was NOT even sealed with a word SORRY. That brings me to the staff attitude. Reception is heavily understaffed. Ladies there do a good job of multitasking but I mean really a good hotel reception is essential, instead of always waiting in a queue and being very frustrated. What was interesting was a manger. Middle aged guy who new nothing, was reluctant to check, and his look was changing from I'm uninterested to i don't know whats going on. Well come on people there is 40% unemployment there, I would be annoyed by this guy ignorance if he was a shop seller buy a manager? Really not a place for him. Get someone motivated to do the job...

Ok. About the rooms. Rooms are nice in junior suite. Like the style and looks. But you will find plenty of little things wrong. Kitchen and bedroom door would not close easily. Lower ends would touch the floor making a terrible squeaking sound. Bathroom door would close nicely but would make terrible noise when opening due to bad lock installation. Fuses box doors was broken. Small table near the sofa was badly scratched.

In the living room there are two sources of light. One are 2 lamps (with warm tone eko light) and a top light with has to be most unpleasant, greenish cold light you can get on the market. I would expect it in the hospital rather than in your hotel room. It wasn't big problem, we would keep a lamps on.

There is tv in the room, and to get a remote you need to leave 30euro caution. I had to reprogram this tv to get digital channels so then you can have option to change sound.

Real tragedy was a kitchen. Since we traveled with a 2yo child we needed to prepare some food for him. This kitchen remembers early 90. its small, ugly, and hardly any equipment. Apart from electric stove (you would go to a museum to see this kind again). There were 2 small plates, two big plates, to swoons, forks, knifes and one bread knife. Also 2 glasses and 2 cups. I mean really is it that much to ask from a 4 star hotel? There was substantial frustration involved in cooking there. I think that unless you need to make your own food it wouldn't matter much.

The real disgusting thing was a corridor carpet. 20 years of dirt and what looked like body liquids of all kinds. It is a shame for such a nice place. Hall and restaurant, pools and spa all immaculate but when you going to your room you thoughts wonder that some of that fluid could be a grown up person by now. I did a little calculation and proper, new hotel carpet for a whole floor would cost about 2000 euro add to it a few hours work and you have it nice and tidy again. Is it that much?

Thermal pools are fantastic, it was a highlight of my stay there. No complains there only compliments especially to a staff there, always smiling and communicative (maybe you should try a change manager should go to manage a pool towels and staff from pool should manage the hotel?).

Last thought. Upon arrival I was given a blue printed small cards and thought these to be a one time tickets to thermal pool. Where in fact it was a pass to a pool. Spoken with some Italian friends also accommodated there and they were also mislead to thing you need to buy a ticket to get into the pool. It is 21st century, cant you make a card or pass of some kind? Again it is supposed to be a 4 star hotel...

Room Tip: hotel is not only main building, there is a whole lot of rooms under the pool. These are called &quo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Radek K
Samuel R, Community Manager at La Quinta Park Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Radek,

First of all, thank you very much for your comment. It helps us to understand the client side and make us become better in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience at your arriving at our hotel. Sometimes, the hotel is full, and clients make check-out very late, even when they know that they have to do it before 12:00. That's why, we were late to get the room ready.

Once again, thank you for spent your holidays in our hotel. We hope to welcoming you in the future.

Best Regards from Tenerife,

Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
#3 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona
RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora

Been to La Quinta Park Suites? Share your experiences!