My wife and I were at this hotel as part of a group walking holiday in northern Tenerife. Walking great but not so the hotel. Our immediate impression of the hotel was not good; we did arrive at 05.15 so perhaps not at our best. However there was an all pervading aroma of stale fish lingering from the night before. We fortunately booked a room upgrade, facing the pool and sea - this was spacious with sitting room bedroom and kitchen, althhough rather poorly furnished. Our impression was that the accommodation could be ranked in order:
1. pool-facing rooms,
2 apartment rooms not part of the main hotel but across the pool area (these are on 3 levels but lowest level would have a poor outlook),
3 rooms facing away from pool - not attractive outloook.
Good points: pool, general cleanliness, room sizes, shuttle bus to Peurto, there is a small supermarket next to the hotel for basics and a small bar/restaurant
Bad points: staff generally unhelpful (especially Reception which was understaffed); restauratnt - tables crammed together and certainly not the place for a relaxed meal; quality of food just about acceptable; bar (internal and external) not 4-star and would have expected better; area around the hotel is not attractive; bathroom towels grey, thin and threadbare; pool loungers are basic but plentiful, .
Nearest bus stop is in Santa Ursula (not an attractive place) about 15mins walk - frequent local buses ( Nos 101, 102 and 103) at 30 min intervals, There is a good coastal walk for the fit from Peurto back to the hotel but with a VERY steep climb of about 30 mins near the end - so only for fit walkers - definitely not suitable for the many unfit older people in the hotel (we are penioners but fit and experienced walkers)..
Overall, the acid test is would we retirn to this hotel; I don't think so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel-Spa & Conventions La Quinta Park Suites, is located in the north of Tenerife on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with spectacular panoramic views of not only the Teide, the volcano with the highest peak in all of Spain, but also of Puerto de la Cruz as well as the rest of the valley of La Orotava. The hotel is surrounded by a naturally captivating setting of subtropical gardens where you can relish in an unsurpassable climate of eternal spring. It is situated in a privileged community and is guaranteed to be the ideal place for anyone seeking tranquillity and contact with nature.The semi-circular building consists of Junior Suites, which are complete with all of the luxuries of home. Moreover, as an alternative leisure activity we have on our premises the first Spa in northern Tenerife: a true oasis for complete relaxation and peace of mind. Here we offer a complete array of the latest health and beauty programs, and we are always seeking to satisfy even the most demanding of clients by always offering personalised treatment and paying attention to the smallest of details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Park Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Park Hotel Santa Ursula
- La Quinta Santa Ursula
- La Quinta Puerto De La Cruz
- Santa Ursula La Quinta
- La Quinta Park Suites Tenerife/Santa Ursula