“A dream !!!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Oiartzun
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was a rainy evening ( on the end of March ), we drove from San Sebastián to the small village but we could not find the place .. We were saved by a local guy who drove us directly to the place .. We were sure we will be alone .. But when we entered this lovely country house restaurant it was full and alive ..
We were welcomed warmly by the host and were escort to our table ... I could write millions of words about our gastronomic joy in this restaurant , but this will not even give you the slightest clue of this dinner - I will re frase it - we ate in many Michelin star places - 2 -3 .. This restaurant was the best !!!
We are ready to go back now !!!!
If you are planning a trip to the area - don't miss this one !!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a very interesting ride down dark, winding roads and two U-turns, we arrived! Zuberoa is modest country home, nestled back away from the street. There's nothing fancy about the entrance, but I'm telling you magic happens in there. This was a phenomenal ending to my 40th birthday trip to the Basque region.

My friends and I were warmly welcomed by Rosa, our waitress. The dining room was empty because we arrived at a more typical American time. As the evening went on, several other tables filled with guests.

I throughly enjoyed every bite of every single delicacy that passed my lips. Wow! Oh my, you HAVE TO taste this! Can I try that?! Everything was exquisitely prepared. I enjoyed...truffle risotto with duck foie gras that really did just melt in my mouth, calves jaw with mashed potatoes and sweet braised cabbage and the most amazing piece of warm (yes, warm) cheesecake I've ever eaten.

Between the food and the glasses of vino tinto, I wanted more more more, but I was full. But I was so delighted with my experience that i asked if I could meet and thank the chef Hilario Arbelaitz. When he had a moment, he came out and graciously accepted our accolades and took a few photos with us.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hard to know what to say about a place like this. We came for our second wedding anniversary and were greeted at the door by the staff with a drink for the special occasion. What followed was just spectacular...ten courses of delightful, clever, beautiful food. Stand out dishes were an amuse bouche of fois gras, a spider crab vichyssoise, lobster tail and roasted pork belly. The service was impeccable. I even got a pouffe for my handbag! Wine was very reasonable...only sixteen euros for a very nice bottle of Rioja. The chef also surprised us by sending out our desserts with a happy anniversary message in chocolate piped around the edge of the bowl. Superb, faultless, traditionally Basque yet also experimental food. Would wholeheartedly recommend to any foodies in San Sebastien.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Though this quaint farmhouse Restaurant is a bit removed from the town center, a driver took us from the maria cristina hotel directly to the restaurant. It is a small yet elegant restaurant in the oldest farmhouse in the area. The chef and his brother (who manages this gem) were both attentive and between the wines poured and the meal, it was a magical evening. It was a quiet night on a Monday when the other Michelin starred restaurants were closed and we are grateful to have read Trip Advisors reviews to make the effort to dine here.

1  Thank viviendofeliz
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My family and I had an unforgettable luncheon at Zuberoa in early November. The place itself is a knock-out, service incredible, food off the chart and the general experience was most outstanding.
We long to return some day.

1  Thank pozueloliz