“Beautiful lunch in a classic setting”
Review of Cal Sagrista

Cal Sagrista
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Peralada
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sant Feliu de Pallerols
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful lunch in a classic setting”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

On a warm May day we walked up the steady incline to the entrance of Cal Sagrista. The cool interior was most welcoming and we were shown to our table. The walls were filled with tasteful paintings largely related to the topic of food. The tables draped in soft pink linen. We chose a bottle of Peralada rosé to accompany our lunch.

We shared a plate of seafood ravioli for a starter; soft, rich and creamy with sufficient sauce. I followed this with a most satisfying main course of pigs trotter stuffed with langoustines....absolutely knockout! And my wife had confit Cod; equally excellent.

The service was most attentive and amiable throughout. The only disappointment was the desserts. The cheese cake 'a bit too set' and a sacher torte which would be better enjoyed over afternoon tea.

We look foward to returning again soon.

• Visited May 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Oustanding in every way”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Fantastic service, a confident menu, a wonderful wine list and a beautiful tranquil setting in the heart of one of the Emporda's finest villages, this family run gem is the real deal and offers a superior dining experience to many Michelin star I have sampled over the years.
Outstanding.

Brussels, Belgium
“Restaurant with a Spectaular View”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed a week in Peralada and visited this lovely restaurant three times, it is definitely one of my all time favorites. The family who run this restaurant are very kind and accommodating and we were very lucky with the weather and managed to eat on the terrace which has spectacular views to the Pyrenees. The food is excellent quality and reasonably priced for the zone, don't miss out on the dessert trolley, they will give you a little selection of what you fancy so you get to try few!

Folgueroles
“One of the best restaurants in Costa Brava”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A small and ellegant restaurant with an excellent atmosphere. We recomend the "peus de porc farcits de llagostins" and "bacallà 'Cal Sagristà'" and the deserts.

Four Corners, Florida
“Top Notch; both food and the view!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by the owner of my hotel and I'm glad he did! I was by myself and often, you are treated to less than stellar service when dining alone but that was not the case here.

I was given a lovely table with one of the best views you could imagine. The atmospehere of the outdoor dining room was such that even if the food was terrible, you would not be dissapointed. But that was not the case, fortunately.

I started with gazpacho and while this is a bit touristy, I still enjoy this and on a hot summer night, it hit the spot. This was followed by a really delicious baccala with garlic cream, accompained by a local red wine.

I was in a bit of a hurry to get to a performance so there was no time for dessert or coffee but if I ever have another opportunity to return to Paralada, I look forward to dining here again.

1 Thank DamienHarveston