See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This review relates to the four storey Le Robinie conference centre hotel, not to be confused with the Golf Club and Resort, on the same site, a short walk away.

My wife, seven year old and I were deposited here, at around 11pm on 27 July, for two nights, by EasyJet, who had cancelled our flight out of nearby Malpensa.

As our transfer bus approached the main hotel I was reminded of The Overlook Hotel from Stephen King’s ‘The Shining’’, as it looked eerily unoccupied. Indeed, over the course of our two-night stay I think I saw no more than four or five guests that weren’t part of the rapidly diminishing EasyJet contingent. This place was clearly in summer recess, with a skeleton staff on duty.

When we checked in we were told that the only food option available at this late hour was small packets of snacks out of vending machines - the concept of room service being alien (this is supposedly a 4 star hotel).

Despite the hotel’s very low guest occupancy (confirmed by comparison web-sites advertising a room rate as low as 59 Euro/night), the reception staff member assigned us to a wheelchair enabled room in front of lifts. Apart from the inevitable disturbance from the lifts, this meant a bathroom with a toilet seat too high for my 7 year old and a shower pan with no enclosure, which would result in our virtually flooding the bathroom whenever we showered, thereby creating a slip hazard for all. Ridiculous.

The bed sheets were crisp and sanitary surfaces were clean. The rest of the room was grubby. The bedroom window was filthy - on the inside - evidencing assorted splash marks (I dread to think what). The dust build up on the floor, under the desk and beds and in corners was excessive - it was like watching tumble-weed every time we moved.

Other niceties? The safe was disabled and the air conditioning defaulted to 26deg.C every time we left the room with our sole smart-key.

The hotel staff certainly didn’t make us feel welcome - we felt more an imposition. The restaurant staff at breakfast were surely and had little consideration for clients, carelessly obstructing access with crockery trolleys and chatting amongst themselves intrusively.

Breakfast pastries were okay, juices were heavily diluted (to the point of being distinct solely by colour), and bland coffees came from a self service machine.

Vouchered lunch and dinner were served in the aforementioned Golf Club and Resort (not enough guests to justify keeping restaurant in main hotel open). Staff was marginally better here, but delivery of these meals was a masterclass in apartheid. We were told when to eat and we were sat at tables in the corner of the bar area in full view of plush (and largely empty) a-la-carte restaurant. We were offered one starter (no choice) followed by one pasta dish (no choice), washed done with water. No immediate concession was made for our 7 year old daughter (or for any vegetarians). At lunch, when I asked for a meal more appropriate to a seven year old, she was given a Parma ham starter instead of Bresaola and a dish of pasta tossed in butter and sprinkled with Parmesan instead of the spicier pasta dish on offer. Absolutely no real effort or ambition to please the guests.

At dinner we didn’t bother exploring options and drip fed our daughter carefully selected bits of what was given.

I don’t know what the hotel’s deal was with EasyJet (I shall explore separately with EasyJet), but surely a small choice of dishes would have been easily manageable (not many dinners present at all), not to mention a fruit juice and/or ice cream for a seven year old - if nothing else as a gesture of goodwill and professional pride? Instead, we were treated as second class citizens.

In between meals? We enquired about using the golf driving range and were told that we could play with trainers but needed to wear collared shirts (on the driving range!!) and pay 17 Euro each for the privilege (15 Euro to enter - but just 2 Euro for the token).
Swimming pool? Closed for maintenance - would have been 15 Euro each to enter so maybe a blessing it was closed.
Hotel bar? A few table and chairs under an awning in the characterless courtyard, served from a largely unattended makeshift bar in the lobby. G&T, yours for 7 Euro.

I don’t think anybody would choose to stay at this conference hotel. At no point did staff show any interest in our levels of satisfaction.

This was a miserable experience. The hotel management should be ashamed.

I can’t comment any further on the Golf Club and Resort other than to observe that its claimed Britishness is laughably pretentious.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JOTISBO
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

-Rooms are just ok. No glasses, no shampoos or soaps, so not what you would expect from 4 stars
-If you come later to breakfast (9:30) there's is barely any food
-no bartender at the bar in the evening (it was friday evening)
-they do not let you bring your own food or drinks in the room
-goid coffee at the bar though

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2017

My recent stay was for a week-long business trip with meetings held at the hotel for 4 days. I did not play golf, but frequented the golf club for meals. These are my observations:
Pros
- Very nice and helpful hotel staff
- Convenient to Malpensa airport - 10 minutes with free hotel shuttle
- Rooms were clean and servicing of rooms was excellent
- Golf club dining room(s) were very nice, with excellent service and excellent food
quality selection.
- Terrace is a great location for meals, drinks, and socializing. Greta views of course.
- Excellent service in lobby bar, either for coffee or adult beverages
Cons
- Small, very dated rooms. Virtually no storage for clothing, which is very tough for a
week-long business trip. Inadequate room for hanging clothes.
- No iron in room. When I inquired at the front desk about getting an iron and board, I
was told that hotel policy did not allow them in the rooms for safety purposes. To iron
your clothes, you had to go to a room off the lobby that was also used for luggage
storage. So you had to hump you clothes to the lobby, and iron your clothes in a
public space where everyone else in the hotel has to go as well. Several times the
wait was 15 minutes to use the iron.
- Very poor WiFi. Many times there was no connectivity, and when you were able to
connect it was slow and often you would get dropped. Everyone in our group of 25
experienced this. Unacceptable for personal or business travelers.
- Very poor cell service. Although the hotel is not directly responsible for this, potential
travelers need to know this. It was very difficult to make or receive cell call, with
many, many dropped calls.
- Breakfast was somewhat traditional European buffet. Strangely, there were no hot
eggs of hot meat (bacon or sausage) served.
- Servicing (removal of used glasses, replenishment of water, etc.) of meeting room
was sporadic or not done at all.
- The resort is remotely located, with very little nearby other than a grocery store.
There is not shopping or restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Super friendly reception girl checked us in.
The appartement is no where near equipped to have people make any thing - not even breakfast.
There is no deck chairs to put out in the garden, no little cafe table to drink coffee outside in the nice weather.
The training facilities are old, but all functional. Wifi at the room ok to two iPhones.

Room tip: Bed om en lejlighed ud mod golfbanen,
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Typically whilst in Milan I stay in the city center or at an airport hotel. However, I was interested in giving Hotel Le Robinie a try because it is a short drive from the airport, yet away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Furthermore, I wanted to see its accommodations and golf options because in the future my husband and I would like to play golf at the course. Prior to my arrival I called and asked for early check in. I spoke with a very friendly employee who made me feel welcome by the initial telephone conversation. When I arrived she greeted me by name.

Positive aspects of the hotel: Very friendly multi-lingual staff makes you feel like a valued guest and not just a number. When I asked about the pass necessary to drive from Italy to Switzerland the front-desk employee called a friend who was able to explain more details about the driving laws. The front-desk employee went out of her way to provide exemplary customer service. Another positive aspect of the hotel is that the Internet worked well, there was good water pressure and warm water in the shower in my room. The hotel is located on the grounds of what appears to be a lovely golf course, the only one in Italy designed by Jack Nicklaus. The lobby is bright and spacious. Again, the staff is multilingual, very courteous, professional, and attentive to guests' needs. There is a bar in the hotel lobby that offers a variety of cocktails. The breakfast options seem to give a variety of foods (I didn't have breakfast, but it looked as if there were several delicious options.) The hotel offers airport transportation. I had a rental car and didn't need to use the transportation offered by the hotel. However, it is important to note that the hotel offers transportation if you need it. When I called the hotel and asked if it was possible to check in early, the front desk employee asked if I was at the airport at that moment and offered to send a driver to get me. I politely declined because I had a rental car since I would be driving to Switzerland later. However, I appreciate how proactive the front desk employee was for offering to send the driver. Another good aspect is the price. It was only 49Euros for the evening (approx: $57USD).

Negative Aspects of the Hotel, Areas for Improvement: The hotel rooms are a bit dark and the hallway is dark. My hotel room had an "institutional feel." I felt as if it was a renovated hospital room and not an inviting and cozy hotel room. However, my room was exceptionally clean and spacious, which is good, although in my opinion the decoré is dated and seems to be from the 1970s or 1980s.

Other: I checked into the hotel on July 30 and from what I could see there was hardly anyone staying there. Never once did I see anyone on the golf course. The parking lot was nearly empty. The good aspect is that it was quiet and peaceful, but it was also eerie that it was so quiet. In the morning when I woke up I saw two large charter busses outside. Therefore, it appears as if this hotel is able to accommodate large groups. Because of the good aspects, I recommend this hotel. Although the hotel is "average," what bumps it up to "very good" is the polite and attentive service the employees provide.

Will I stay again in the future? Yes! Although the rooms had an institutional feel, the staff makes up for what the hotel lacks. My husband and I play golf and therefore the next time we visit Milan, we hope to stay here to experience the golf course.

Date of stay: July 2017