Camping Cala Gogo
Hotel Mas Falet 1682(Sant Antoni de Calonge)
$143
Hotel Rosamar(Sant Antoni de Calonge)(Great Value!)
$73
$71
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Reimar(Sant Antoni de Calonge)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Pool
Hotel Aubi(Sant Antoni de Calonge)
$68
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$161
TripAdvisor
$142
  • Breakfast included
Comtat Sant Jordi(Platja d'Aro)
$76
$73
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel San Jorge(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$169
$160
  • Breakfast included
Aparthotel Ciutat de Palol(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$96
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Salles Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi(Platja d'Aro)
$283
$272
All reviewscala gogoair conbeach barsteep hillplatja d'aroon siterestaurants and shopsgua guacroissantssmall childrensmall beachgreat familygreat funtractor trainwater slidessiesta holidayswhat it says on the tin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our first time in Cala Gogo, we normally go to Castell Montgri in Estartit (which is a fantastic campsite, can't fault it) We (6 of us...my Husband, Myself, my Mother and our 3 kids age 4,10 & 16) booked with Siesta and it was a nightmare from beginning to end...we arrived late into camp and our Van (which was supposed to be deluxe) was not ready, there was no bedding there (which we had pre-ordered and paid for) so eventually we get to the Caravan and it was filthy having only been cleaned (and not very well) by the previous occupiers, although to be honest I don't think it had even been cleaned properly before that. The dust was thick behind the TV, behind the beds, in the wardrobes, under the table.....in fact, everywhere. Next day we had to ask them to clean it out, because they certainly weren't offering.......after that the Reps ignored us for the week (partly because I had emailed their head office to complain, I guess) So I would not recommend Siesta and will never book with them again......I am still waiting for a decent response from their Head Office to my Complaint from over a week ago.

The site itself is built into the side of, what feels like, a mountain....the hills are horrendous and you have to go up or down at least 5 of them to get to the pool or the shop or the reception or anywhere.

The pools are all together and there are only about 20 sun loungers for the whole camp, no shade from the sun and the lifeguards are a bit whistle happy........no food, no toys in the pool, no fun really....

The restaurant....the food is good, but the service is absolutely terrible, we ate there 5 times and they never got our order right yet...it was quite funny to start with but grated a bit by the end of the week.

The entertainment was terrible, we went twice....the first night was a queen tribute band which was not great (worst Freddie Mercury impersonator I have ever seen) the next night we went for the kids Flouro (glo-stick) disco which was supposed to start at 2130, at 2315 my kids were still sitting with their glo-sticks waiting for it to start.

The next door campsite ( I think it was called the Internacionale) sounded fab we could hear their entertainment every night although always finished by about 2230-0000)

The site was predominantly dutch, I think we were the only british there, which was fine however the kids found it very difficult to make friends and spent most of the time bored.

I would not recommend this campsite to anyone looking for a fun family holiday and we will def not be back........it has actually put me off Campsite holidays (despite having been on them every year to Estartit for the last 5 years and many times as a child) next year, I think we'll try all-inclusive :) as we had to spend the last day of our holiday cleaning the caravan ( which is normal for a self-catering holiday) but the filth we cleaned out of the caravan wasn't just ours..or even the previous tenants. You would be lucky if that caravan had been cleaned properly since last season........disgusting!!!

I would say avoid, but if you must go avoid Siesta!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
21  Thank BBoysMum
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Lovely camp. we came back yesterday from Cala Gogo, enjoyed it very much. Pools very nice, beach was fantastic. Love the pool bar, has entertainment there too. The only bad point is the mini train,( tractor) you tend to have older kids push in when everyone else is queing which makes it a bit stressful!! They could do with another bit of seating to accommodate everyone one each trip.
Very much more visitors from Netherlands seem to go there, not many english.

Room Tip: Not for those who dont like a good walk!! Lovely views the further up you are
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Angela C
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is our second time at this park and I have to admit it was more enjoyable than the first time we stayed. We stayed in a 2 Bed Horizon with Air Con & Decking, we were lucky to have what the travel rep called a prototype, it was larger than the normal ones. It had 2 sinks in the bathroom instead of the 1 and the overall space in the kitchen/dining/living area was a lot bigger.
The restaurant and bar were exceptional, there could have been a little more choice on the day/evening menu but that didnt stop us eating there nearly every night of our 8 night stay. The service in this restaurant was 2nd to none, the staff well deserved the tips we left, although I was pretty disgusted with other British holidaymakers who didn't acknowledge the staff at all.
The shop was well stocked and reasonably priced, the staff ever helpful.
The beach was small but lovely, and there was a train that would take us back up to the shops/bar/pool, if we didnt feel like the walk.
Exceptionally clean and green campsite
Platja D'aro is approx 20-25 min walk from this campsite but its well worth the walk with the shops/restaurants and main beach
I would definately recommend this campsite and resort and really look forward to going back again next year

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here in a two bedroom Eurocamp chalet. Nice clean chalet, pleasant small beach attached to the property, nice swimming pool, good shop. Have seen camps with more family activities but overall a really good deal and relaxing time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Situatedness
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As a family of five, our Eurocamp cabin was great. Located close to the beach, it was easy to get to the beAch to wallow away the time. We went off season around June 6-13,2012 it was quite but as a family it was great. The supermarket was well stocked and we ate local and at times in the close by town of playa da aros. The beach was not overly crowded, but they were little coves dotted nearby if you walked along the coastal tracks. There are two large pools for use and the mini club was ok. We even went next door to camping international for some meals and their mini club since it was so quite!
Taxi cost to playa da aros wee about 10 euros one way. Walking into town takes about 40 minuteS with a 4 year in tow. Taxi to Palamos the other town cost about 20 euros. The aqua diver is a must for the family but pack a picnic as everything cost! Public transport is not that regular so don't depend on it

If you are gonna arrive and just squat at the site, then it has all the necessary amenities to keep everyone entertained.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family