“A gem in Cava Country”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A gem in Cava Country”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently dined at this restaurant while visiting the Cava Country just outside of Barcelona. I had dined there 4 years prior at the suggestion of a friend, and it was my wife's first visit. It is located on a small, unassuming back street of Vilafranca de Penedes, and the dining area is in covered (enclosed) patio that could be opened during nice weather. We had a truly exceptional experience with their tasting menu and sampling of local red wines. Five or six or seven courses....I stopped counting after three or so.....all extraordinarily tasteful and beautifully presented. The wine pairings suggested by Alvaro, the owner, were from two local wineries and while they were relatively young, they drank as if they had been aged for years. This is one of the best restaurants in Catalonia, which is known for outstanding cuisine. Unquestionably worth the 40 minute train ride from Barcelona's central train station. I will return on my next visit!

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“You simply couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The restaurant is hidden away in a back street of town, so make sure you get your directions right! I went here for business on a quiet Wednesday night and I can simply say it was amazing. The service was perfect. I was the only spanish speaker and the waiter tried to explain things in english to my colleagues, even specials. The food was exceptional. I had a rissoto with truffle and it was cooked to perfection. We were offered a really nice starter that we hadn't asked for, and also a dessert that we were not expecting. The cheese was all local and we got an explanation for each of them, also were told in what order we had to eat. The wine list was also very varied, with a lot of local wines, the waiter recomended us a white that was really nice (Xarel-lo, local grape). Really good dinner, great service and a good value for money.

• Visited January 2014
Madrid
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Small restaurant tucked away in a back street of Vilafranca.
Once inside, the decor is attractive and interesting.
The food, literally everything we had was simply extraordinary.
Creative cookery based upon local dishes -wonderful.

The service was attentive and informative. We had three children with us, including 2 8 year olds. For such a restaurant, the staff were absolutely prepared to help the kids and to accommodate their desires. Not only do they have kids dishes, talking to the boys, they finally "just whipped something up for them" ad-hoc. Perfect. Worth returning to Vilafranca just to eat here.

Not cheap, but I would pay more to eat there again.
Incredible food, perfect service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Erguiri
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Memorable cuisine and friendly service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant is a real treat. Surprisingly delicate and fine cuisine in Vilafranca.....Every dish from the cannelloni to the garlic fish is memorable. Service is attentive and nice.

• Visited August 2013
“The best restaurant from Vilafranca”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm here with my friend Joan Marti! Export manager from Pinord wine brand! I'm so happy to be there with my friend in one of the best restaurant on my town! Is a great pleasure recommend Black wine Pi del Nord from Pinord and then Porcell is a young pig but is the best flavor and smell for you delicious test

• Visited July 2013