Review Highlights
Beautiful

Very beautiful caves, they have done their best to light up and allow people to visit without... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2018
samwright12345
via mobile
great hideaway during a hot summer day

We went there with our 2-year-old and we loved it. Though, there are some dangerous spots, so you'd... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Andrei T

All reviews underground river boat trip audio guide rock formations short walk san jose tourist shops every hour by foot early in the morning free parking definitely worth a visit taking photos wonderful experience couple of hours time slot takes minutes
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience but was very disappointed that there was no commentary in English and hence we missed a lot if vital info I'm sure. Views are awesome but don't go if you are claustrophobic as its quite small and dark inside.

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Suparna A
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Underground coves like the ones in La Vall d’Uixo may be the only ones you ever have the opportunity to experience in this way. In fact the public only has access to part of these caves. Speleologists don’t know the full length of the cave or the origin of the river. This is Europe’s longest navigable underground river. If you are at all claustrophobic, don’t go. There are very cramped, small dark areas with little light. Many times you have to duck to avoid being scraped by rock. There are spotlights throughout and music in many areas. No photos or videos are allowed. A staff lady took our photo as we left for our journey. I have no idea why she took the picture: we weren’t approached later by someone wanting to sell us a copy of it. Although there were about 60 high school students there for the 3:30 “sailing” they were well behaved. Someone in a previous review said to be the last one is so you get the front of the boat. Today people entered the boat 1 at a time and sat where ever they wanted. There are 14 to each boat and they have 9 boats.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank grammasue14
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I don't usually suggest people brake the rules but in this case, I wish I had myself. The only reason I didn't was because according to the ticket booth they take pictures of you while your on the river that you can buy later. This wasn't true when I went through. : (

Now to the review, I loved this place!!! As you walk towards the caves from the parking lot you first pass a well manicured park of sorts with restaurants, shops and towards the town square houses. Once you buy your tickets you line up and get on a boat with around 15 other people. If you want to be in the front of the boat try to be one of the last people to get on. I've never been on an boat ride through an underground river but it was exciting! The rock formations aren't that impressive but the cave is artfully lit and it looks just beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone within 100 KM of La Vall d'Uixo. It was one of the highlight of my Spain/Portugal trip.

Date of experience: June 2012
2  Thank JohnsEcho
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This trip underground was amazing. Well worth finding. I have never experienced anything like this. Check opening times. Go on first trip of the morning when it opens as then the caves and underground river is quiet with some beautiful music very faintly in background. By mid morning the place was heaving with school parties. 45 min trip underground. Just beautiful. Mostly Spanish people and no translation by the boatman but to be honest the experience was haunting. Read up on the caves before you go but GO !
Beware of parking lot...park on the edge or you get blocked in by thoughtless drivers.
Staff happily helped a chap in a wheelchair get into the boat for the trip.

Date of experience: August 2012
1  Thank Juliejulie666
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This tourist attraction has been beautifully landscaped and organised by the Valencian government.
There are restaurants and bars and a few tourist shops around the caves.
But the boat ride down the underground river is an absolute must!
The regular adult price is about 9.50 euros, and well worth the money.
As you walk in you are already in danger of hitting your head, but sitting in the boat a lot of the fun is dodging the rocks with your head!
We were with a large group of friends, and my husband's worst nightmare was realised when he realised that in order to save himself from a headache he had his head between his friend's leg!. The temperature is a pleasant 20 degrees all year and the way the caves are illuminated is excellent.

Date of experience: March 2012