La Mozaira
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Portsaplaya(Alboraya)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvalencia city centrelovely hotellunch and dinnerhigh qualitytrain stationcarcomfortminperfectionfieldappetizerscons
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have travelled all over the world and stayed at some wonderful hotels and once in a while discover a jewel which we want to keep a secret but to be fair to fellow travellers share it with you. La Mozaira is such a hotel it is only 4 years old built with great flair for beauty & attention. This boutique hotel was created by Toni the owner for the needs of the modern discerning guest who wants to stay somewhere different from the standard package offered by all the international hotel chains. It's about 10-15 mins taxi ride from the Valencia city centre and we overlooked to hire a car. Knowing that the Staff and the owners were happy to drive us there & pick us up whenever we wanted...with a smile !!....&...no charge ( unbelievable in this greedy world ! ).

The food & wine was lovely and the rooms spacious and very tastefully decorated....the bathroom is bigger than many hotel rooms we have stayed in ! The garden & pool are lovely ...you can spend a peaceful day if you simply want to relax.

Toni's husband Peppe a very successful local businessman loves to talk to guests in 'fluent Spanish' which you somehow understand even if you don't speak the language,,,,his effervescent personality and easy manner is contagious ....look out for him...&...get to know him.

We went as guests and feel that we left as friends ,,,,we wish them lot's of success.....go stay here .... places like that need encouragement...&...remember they have only 12 rooms ,,,, we will be going back ..so there is a good chance one of them will be taken :-)!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AranCarole
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My words will not do La Mozaira, or my experience, justice... but I'll give it a try! I loved everything about this place from the minute I entered through the door until the minute I departed.

Staff: I was greeted with the warmest hospitality that continued throughout my stay. When there was a mix-up with my online reservation, I was told that if they couldn't find a room for me, I would be welcomed in their home. What? When and where do you get that kind of hospitality? I didn't have a car, so they offered to drive me to downtown Valencia. Pepe, one of the owners, gave me a personalized tour on the way. On the ride to the train station, when we thought I might miss my train (my fault), I was once again offered a place in their home. Unbelievably friendly, welcoming, and an 'everyone is family, this is your home' attitude.

Hotel: The grounds and the rooms are absolutely gorgeous and very tastefully decorated (down to the smallest details). I wanted to take a picture of every corner of the place. No matter where I sat to relax, the view was breath-taking. They take amazing care of the grounds and the rooms are spotless. The linens and towels are very high-quality, as well.

Food: The food... oh, the food! There isn't a menu because everything is prepared based on what came from the farm/garden that day (which you can help pick, if you'd like). It's a multi-course tasting menu (5-6 courses), always unique, and full of wonderfully fresh flavors. Unlike traditional tasting-menus I've had, you also get a choice of entree (fish or beef), in addition to the tasting menu items. Needless to say, it is a lot of food, and I was stuffed each night! Along with no menu, there is also no indication of price. However, this is just the type of place that you can trust is more interested in making your experience amazing than in taking advantage of your holiday. I was absolutely shocked when I saw that my incredible 6-course meals, plus 3 glasses of wine, cost me 31 Euros (about $42 USD). How is that possible? I couldn't get one course in San Francisco for that!

Location: If you're looking for peaceful, relaxing, and away from the hustle-and-bustle, this is the best place to be. Even though you're only a 5-minute bike ride from the beach, and 15-minute drive to downtown Valencia, you feel like you're completely remote. Having spent two months in Barcelona, this was exactly the peace and quiet I needed. They have bikes you can ride to the Port Saplaya Beach (loved it). It's so beautiful to also ride the bikes along the Marina. The houses are so cute and I see why they call it 'Little Venice'. I fell in love immediately. It was a really nice (and easy) ride that I would highly recommend to everyone (all ages).

The only thing I would personally change for next time, is that I would rent a car. Even though everyone was more than happy to drive me to Valencia or the Train Station, I still felt like I was a burden for them (although they never acted that way). I just assumed taxis were more available in the area, but that's not the case.

It was an amazing trip and I will absolutely return back here (maybe for my wedding)! If I could give them any feedback at all, the only thing I can think of would be to change the music in the dining room. Classic rock and roll just didn't seem to fit into such a lovely environment. Spanish guitar music or something lighter/more local would have been a great fit! But maybe that's because I'm American. :)

Room Tip: I had room 102, which was fantastic. However, next time, I would request 101, as it faces Port Saplaya and has a great view of the 'Little Venice' building architecture. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 11 rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank GCTravel22
Reviewed August 29, 2013

That was Toni’s reply when I asked if there’s a dress code for dinner. Toni is the proprietor and designer of this heavenly place named La Mozaira. Situated among open fields the hotel is created as a place for complete relaxation. It houses 11 rooms, each unique in colour and design. We stayed in spacious Remedios which is made in soothing grayish-blue shades: comfortable armchairs, a gorgeous bed with a canopy, a wardrobe with linen curtains behind the glass windows. The bathroom contains both a shower and a deep tub together with other facilities. Sleeping is just great there, La Mozaira lullabies you, the more so because all windows in the room (three in Remedios) are provided with inner shutters, which we closed for the night.
Evening meals deserve special praising. Served on the open terrace with white table linen and candles, they treat you to various gastronomic delights. The dinner includes three starters, a main course which you choose and a chef’s surprise; the menu well considered in sequence and calories.
The area is beautifully decorated and each detail is meticulously done, only natural materials are used. It has many cosy nooks on the patio, by the pool, etc.
The place I was impressed particularly is the library – tremendous, and a great selection of classics and contemporary writers, too. It was fun to read “La doma de la furia” in Spanish!
In a hotel of the type you expect the bed linen and towels to be changed daily, but these are not. Yet, with overall ecological awareness the fact can be justified.
PS. Thank you very much, Toni and Pepe, for your true hospitality, kindness and talent! We’d love to come back and recommend La Mozaira to anyone!
A tip for owners: On arrival the guests are treated with a welcome note, complimentary water and sweets. That would be lovely to make the notes personal, with customers’ names. With 11 suites this can be easily done, don’t you think? Thanks again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irina M
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This tranquil place is absolutely gorgeous I can't speak highly enough of it. From the beautiful rooms, the lovely pool, the stunning food and the superb staff. A genuine hidden gem a short walk to the beach and a handy drive or taxi journey to beautiful Valencia. We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and have never been to a nicer hotel. Pepe and all his staff really couldn't have done more to make us welcome and it was all utterly genuine warmth from all. Thanks so much to all who work here.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters which room as they all looked stunning and lovely and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Horsesock
Reviewed November 13, 2012

For our long weekend in Valencia we decided to try La Mozaira based on reviews from other travellers.

We weren't disappointed!

La Mozaira is located just north of Alboraya and is off the beaten track so you would probably need a car. There is a Metro station about a mile away in Almassera but it didn't look like the kind on place that would have taxis readily available.

The hotel itself is charming and the staff went out of their way to make our stay very enjoyable. The rooms were a good size, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. We arrived hungry in the middle of the afternoon and they quiclkly fixed us up with something to eat.

The following night we ate in the restaurant. There was no menu as such, we were served four small starter courses and a choice of a meat or fish dish for the main course. The food was excellent and the table service first class.

It is almost impossible to fault this hotel but we would have liked the facility to make coffee in the room. Most of the time this wasn't a problem, but one evening after getting the night manager to bring drinks to our room on three separate occasions we were actually too embarrassed to get him back again with coffee. Having said that, I just know it wouldn't have been a problem.

Anyone who stays here will be afforded first class hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple