“Ok for night between flights... somewhat”
Review of Hostal T4

Hostal T4
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Ok for night between flights... somewhat”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed here for an overnight between flights. I've informed the hotel staff about my rather late arrival and the pickup from the airport was nicely organized. The receptionist was really friendly, spoke english very well (somewhat big deal in spain) and arranged everything for me. But there are things which were not so amazing... the room itself was little bit dark and there was rather strong cigarette smoke smell in the room (as a non-smoker, I really pay attention to that). Otherwise it was all right.
What they don't tell you, when you're booking the room, is that they serve breakfast since 7a.m. I've paid in advance, but it was discounted from my account later. But still, I was counting on that little bit. But the biggest flaw was the transport to the airport. They have a shuttle, but in the morning, it goes every hour, not according your needs. Well, that's annoying, but I could have lived with that. Then I was waiting outside, 6a.m. and since my intercontinental flight was leaving at 7:30, I really didn't appreciate shuttle being late. I waited ten minutes and then gave up and shared a taxi with a family which went the same direction as I did (for whatever reason, they had taxi arranged and didn't know about any shuttle at 6a.m.) I take it as a good luck, since I have no idea if the shuttle turned up and when. And since there's nobody at the reception desk in the morning, you're left little bit on your own. I understand spanish relaxed approach to a lot of things and I don't mind it, but when it comes to airports and eventual missing planes, I'd appreciate little punctuality...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank janapka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Padova
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel, simple and basic, is nice, new and well kept. It is better that some 4-star hotels I have seen in other places. It is a perfect hotel for an overnight stopover at Barajas, and a good choice for attending a conference at IFEMA, thanks to the shuttle bus (which not free, but not that expensive either). Good breakfast for the price.

The major minus is that its location is dreadful. Very far from the city center and public transportation, the premises are in a seedy, run-down industrial area that offers at least a decent nearby restaurant (the hotel has none). Nothing wrong with the hotel itself, but I absolutely do not recommended it for a holiday simply for practical reasons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MemberfromPadova
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Feel so let down by this Hotel My wife and I arrived on a late flight from Edinburgh and had informed the hotel of our expected late arrival but when we arrived at the hotel no one was there to let us in - a phone number left on the door was unobtainable and we waited 45 minutes before deciding to find another hotel at 2.30 am this was the last thing we wanted. Avoid this hotel to ensure you have a good holiday !!Unreliable and untrustworthy

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jasper57
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Hotel T4 was super efficient and picked us up at the airport and transfered us to the hotel which is situated a short distance away from madrid Airport. The Hotel is moderna and situated on the outskirts of an industrial eastate. The people at reception were very friendly and though they did not provide evening meals they transported us to their sister hotel (without) charge where we were able to purchase a meal. The rooms were very clean and tidy whilst the breakfat was basic but adequate.
All in all a very good hotel for an overnight stay.
They also transfered us back to the airport the folling day at a minimal cost

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kevspain
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed at the T4 for one night because I got into Madrid late and left again the next morning. The transfer shuttle is available around the clock (but costs, depending on when you want to used it) and is very quick and reliable.
Reception staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are standard and clean although a bit dark. Breakfast is available but rather basic.
There is nothing to do around the hotel as it is a rather industrialised area. But for an overnight stay it's just right.
WIFI didn't work while I was there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 1holidaygirl15_
Vermont
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Great! Stayed for only about 8 hours between two flights but was perfect for that. Driver picked me up at the airport and returned me the next morning. The hotel was very clean and quite nice for the incredibly reasonable price. Would highly recommend for quick layovers with a one night stay needed. One word of advice—very little English spoken so just be prepared when you call for the shuttle.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank becca5678
Spain
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Clean, comfortable, modern, reasonably priced and with a transfer service to Madrid airport. The staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I didn't have breakfast as I had to leave for the airport too early, but there are machines with drinks and snacks, and also an excellent service whereby guests can order pizzas, burgers, salads and other things through reception and they are quickly delivered. I'll certainly use it again when I need an overnight at Madrid airport.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Air Rooms Madrid Airport by Premium Traveller
Hotel Barajas Plaza
Hotel Barajas Plaza
#305 of 436 in Madrid

Been to Hostal T4? Share your experiences!