“Events are a bit of an issue for 'regular' guests”

Schlosshotel Kronberg
Melbourne, Australia
“Events are a bit of an issue for 'regular' guests”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice over the last 2 month and several times before. I do always enjoy my stays but I must agree with the comment of one of the other travellers that the overall experience is impacted by whether or not events are happening at the hotel at the time of the stay. Thus, during one stay (when a wedding or family celebration took place) the outdoor terraces could not be used at all for the 'normal' hotel guests during the entire afternoon confining them to the indoors or hotel room. While the weather was nice and sunny that was a drawback at the time of the visit. However, overall is still is a very good place to stay. However, the issue between events and normal hotel business should be addressed for the benefits of the 'regular' hotel guests.

Room Tip: Ask whether an event is happening if you want the full 'Schloss' experience.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MelAus111
Schloss123, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for your friendly feedback about your recent stay at the Schlosshotel Kronberg. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused due to the events taking place during that time. I will pick out the issue between events and normal hotel business as a central theme with all my employees in order to all individual guests having a totally positive experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I treated my mother to a two day stay at the hotel to celebrate her 89th birthday. The entire staff made our stay most wonderful. They all went out of their way to indulge us and make us feel very, very welcomed. The restaurant service as excellent. The champagne breakfast was an exquisite celebration of the morning. Grounds are beautifully maintained including the colorful rose garden.
I have traveled the world over and can honestly say this was by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. My congratulations and appreciation to the owners and their great, well trained staff.....a great life experience.

Ann Strawhorn from Dallas, Texas now living in Germany

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the views on the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasAnnie7777777
Bainbridge Island, WA
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel Schlossgarten has a polite and helpful staff, but unfortunately our 4 night stay there was very disappointing. The promised air conditioning turned out to be a large fan, and I don't think the drawing room of our suite had been refreshed since the last Kaiser visited. But even more important, this property seems unable to decide if it's a hotel or an event site. The terrace is advertised as part of the guest experience, but we were forced to constantly interrupt our reading and enjoyment of the outdoor view of the garden, as dining, weddings and business meetings (including one for hotel staff) claimed "exclusive" use of one part of the terrace or another, and sometimes all of it. On some occasions there seemed to be no approved way to access the terrace at all; we felt like intruders. (We asked to speak to the manager about this at his convenience, but had no response). Having not had the chance to express our discontent to the manager, we will do so via Trip Advisor and Michelin. If I’m not being clear, Brenner’s in Baden Baden is a 5 star hotel; this is not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Islander00
Schloss123, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Schlosshotel Kronberg. I am sorry for the inconveniences we caused to you due to the numerous conferences & events on our terrace. We really want our guests to relieve stress and really not to feel as intruders.
I really appreciate your feedback and I can promise you, we will do our best to make your next stay to positive experience.
Zoutleeuw
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We spent our first week-end at the Schlosshotel Kronberg in the summer of 2002 and have returned several times since then for a mix of business and personal travel.

The well-maintained castle sits proudly in a stunning park area surrounded by its own well-kept golf course and various additional, quite charming buildings that make up the layout of this property.

Facilities, service and food have consistently been exceptional in our experience. We have had some very good meals at their restaurant, one of the more refined settings to dine in in that region for sure, and also like the hotel’s chauffeur-service to their health & fitness partners nearby.

If you are looking for timeless class and elegance coupled with all modern –day creature comforts and within easy driving distance of down-town Frankfurt or Wiesbaden then this is a destination to make a detour for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scooby1305
Schloss123, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I would like to thank you for these wonderful comments. So many heartening compliments about our hotel are more than we could wish for. We always try to make every guest happy and in your case, we had obviously achieved our goal. I really appreciate, that you took the time to write down what you like about staying at the Schlosshotel Kronberg.
I hope I can welcome you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights for an onsite business trip, would happily attend another one here!

Location - close to Frankfurt, tranquil surrounds (golf, gardens [nice terrace for champagne receptions])
Function rooms - on an overcast day one of the rooms we were using was dark and the hotel had the capacity and flexibility to move us to a brighter room with minimum disruption to our schedule
Food - excellent - all of the meals we had were flavoursome and enjoyable
Bedrooms - mine was reasonably sized with large bathroom, quiet and had more amenities than you expect (complimentary fruit, complimenary mini bar [soft drinks and beer[), free wi-fi, Molton Brown toiletries.....)
Bar - service with a smile and an easy way to relax out of a day

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It was a great pleasure to read your comments regarding your recent stay at the Schlosshotel Kronberg. I am very happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you felt comfortable in our hotel. We are proud you to be wowed by the amenities offered.

I really hope that your travel plans will bring you soon again to Kronberg and the Schlosshotel Kronberg we are looking forward to welcome you again.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Fresh off our 5am arrival in Frankfurt, bleary-eyed and cranky, we took the S-bahn to the nearest station. There were no taxis or buses available, but a woman waiting to pick-up her son at the station offered to call the hotel for us. A minute later she told us that the Jaguar was on its way to bring us to the hotel.
We were collected 5 minutes later and transported to the gated woodland estate of the Castle. The Hessian royal family was in residence, and breakfasted daily with we commoners. The hotel is kept to royal standards, including use of the family's personal tableware for the guests.
We were allowed to check-in at 8a.m.; excellent because we were exhausted. It is among the best of the Small Luxury Hotels I have used in Europe, and very reasonably priced.
We were shown every courtesy and indulgence by the staff, including a spectacular room overlooking the back of the property which includes a beautifully manicured golf course integrated with a gorgeous arboretum.
Astonishingly handicap friendly, especially considering the age and maintained structure of the castle.
The beds are perfect with Tempra-Pedic type mattresses. I slept a lot, but they arranged free off-site activities for my niece who was on her first trip out of the country.
The breakfast is top-notch with something for everyone. The large bedroom & bathroom were perfectly maintained. The in-room massage was the cherry on the top. Thank you, Linda!!
And thank you to the desk staff who rearranged the schedule to let us stay a few extra nights and then put us back in the Jaguar to get to the train station again.
Such a wonderful place that I never felt the need to leave the grounds!
Even if you can only afford one night, DO IT!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in the center of the hotel facing the back of the property. I don't kno...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Goddess-of-Luxury
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

An excellent hotel was impeccable attention to detail. I stayed here on business for four nights in early spring. Since this was my first European trip, I wanted to explore Germany's historical offerings while remaining close to Frankfurt. As far as price goes, it was the same price as a Holiday Inn Express in Frankfurt. The choice was easy. Kronberg and the Schlosshotel was that perfect experience. Even though the walk to the train station was a bit long, I do not regret my choice of accomodations whatsoever. The room amenities are very modern and well maintained. The linens very luxurious. Besides the building architecture, surrounding grounds (the walking trail and rose garden are amazing), and historical furnishings, the most impressive part was the service. I was so appreciative how, on one rainy morning, I asked the front desk for a taxi to take me to the train station. The woman said that all taxis were currently spoken for, so she offered to have the bellman drive me in the hotel's Jaguar XJ instead! Judging by the cars in the parking lot in the evening, it was clear that this hotel and associated restaurant cater to the upper class. However, I never had a glimpse anything but excellent hospitality.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NateH29
, Manager at Schlosshotel Kronberg, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for these wonderful comments. So many compliments about our hotel, the service and our staff are more than we could wish for. We always try to fulfill all our guest wishes and to make every guest happy and in your case, we had obviously achieved our goal.
It is a pleasure for me to share your feedback with my staff members.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon to our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kronberg im Taunus
Roomers
#13 of 268 in Frankfurt
Falkenstein Grand Kempinski
#1 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus

Been to Schlosshotel Kronberg? Share your experiences!