“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Torre Del Greco
Podgorica, Montenegro
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Very pleasant place, kind stuff, excellent food and nice pool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank VanjaMNE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We arrived in Torre del Greco late in the evening and were about to visit Vesuv volcano and Pompei the next day. We found it by accident since the GPS hotel search sent us there. We thanked the GPS for it as this hotel has everything a good hotel should have - nice welcome, great rooms, awesome breakfast. It is literally under the Vesuv volacno (when you leave the hotel, you are on the road that takes you there), so I would highly recommend it if you are visiting it. There is also free wireless internet and the breakfast included in the room rate.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Tomash226
St Catharines, Ontario
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Stayed here for two nights with my husband and two children ages 9 and 11. Hotel accommadations were clean, free parking, and decent pool. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. We wanted to go to Sorrento suggested we walk to the train station which took about 20 minutes instead of fighting traffic by car. Train takes approx. 45 minutes and cost 1.80 euro's each way, This hotel is located in Torro Del Greco. The area is not the greatest , kinda run down, garbage everywhere on the streets, but great if you want to go to Mt. Vesuvius which is approx. 15 minutes by car. Pompei is only about 20 minutes away and you can either drive or take the train which is enroute to Sorrento. Would only consider returning to this hotel if I could not find another hotel within my price range otherwise I would probably stay in a different area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie227
Orange, Ca
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Hotel Marad is located in Torre del greco.
We happened upon it while visiting Vesuvius. It is a clean,
friendly hotel, not oppulent like the Sakura, but pleasing.
They serve a nice european breakfast in the morning including juice, coffee, croissants, ham and cheese. The room has a nice balcony with a partial view of the water. It was a good deal for 90
us dollars.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank LeslieOC
NY
Reviewed November 19, 2007

The staff at Hotel Marad went above and beyond to accommodate my family, especially my children. The hotel manager personally drove my 3 year old son when he was injured to the local hospital. The front desk repeatedly provided clean sheets when my 8 month old daughter was sick one sleepless night. We had beautiful unobstructed views of the sea and Mount Vesuvius from our balcony. The price was reasonable and our room was large and very clean.

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CoolNYDaddy
New York
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I stayed in the Hotel Marad this summer because I was in Naples for a friends wedding. Upon arriving at the hotel at the same time as 100 other guests (also there for the wedding) the hotel staff were extremely welcoming and helpful to all of us, taking everyone's luggage to their rooms and taking care of everyone calmly and quickly. There were guests from several different countries and the staff communicated very well with everyone to make sure that we were all satisfied and taken care of. They had day trips arranged for us daily and provided us with information about the day trips as well as about things to see in Naples. They called taxis for us, and did whatever they could to help us foreigners get around. Additionally, the rooms were very nice; spatious and clean, some with balconies. The bar staff, managers, waiters were all very patient and friendly even when we requested the bar to be open past the normal hours of operation for our entertainment convenience. Overall, the Hotel Marad is a lovely hotel and I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank kcelic
alicante
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I got married in Naples, Italy August 2007. I decided to stay in Hotel Marad as they offered great services at a very reasonable rate for all my 100 guests travelling from Ireland and the USA. Marad managed to accomodate all 100 guests with all their requests including organizing transportation during the summer peak season in Naples. They were very patient and went out of their way to cater for all of us especially the day of my wedding where their hospitality made me feel at home. My family and friends were all very pleased with the service, the cleanliness, the staff, and above all their patience with so many people there that did not speak any Italian :0) They were extremely flexible offering to keep their restaurant and bar open later and served their meals at a reduced rate for the group. They helped me organize tours to Capri and Naples for those interested. They helped out with airline and airport queries. Overall, I have to say I was very happy with all of the staff and services and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to see Naples. It is conveniently located near the train, Vesuvius, and Pompeii. It's in a nice neighborhood with restaurants within walking distance. It's a beautiful hotel with a nice pool, restaurant, and gardens. They really made a great effort to make my wedding a very special day and to help me keep my guests entertained and show them Napoli!!

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bellac80
Miglio D'Oro Park Hotel
Miglio D'Oro Park Hotel
#5 of 6 in Ercolano
Villa Signorini Events & Hotel

Been to Hotel Marad? Share your experiences!