There is a famous song which goes, " I left my heart in San Francisco" Well, I have been home from Castello di Vicarello only 3 weeks and I am still telling everyone that I left my Heart at Castello di Vicarello. I spent 5 beautiful days there. It truly was the most Sensual, Mystical, Magical, Exotic, and Breathtakingly Beautiful place I have ever been! It gave me true peace of mind.
Vicarello sits atop a mountain surrounded by vineyards with views as far as the eye can see. I have to say the place itself is imposing and different from anywhere I have ever stayed; it is romantic, warm, homey, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The owners and staff made me feel at home, like a guest in their home. They couldn't have been more accommodating.
The food was fresh, inventive and delicious!!! Breakfast was served outdoors with beautiful homemade breads, pastries, fresh fruit baskets besides making anything else I wanted. I always had eggs. Every detail, down to the place settings was beautiful and inviting. The Dinner Setting was different everyday.
I took cooking classes while there and learned a lot!! I have bought the cookbook, "My Tuscan Kitchen" and have made many dishes from it. It is one of the best cookbooks I own. Everything I have made has been successful and brings me back to Vicarello. I wrote a blog of my trip and refer to it often as I like to re-live the feeling I had while there. (twosisterscookin.blogspot.com) I did not want to leave.
I arrived with a tear and left with more tears. There are many places in this world to visit but this is one that I plan to return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Vicarello, you will appreciate the calm, serene, and magnificent environment as well as the pleasures of the surrounding nature. We invite you to taste and savour the biological products cultivated on the estate and discover the local specialties, such as the freshly fished gourmet treasures of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the games dishes so typical from the Maremma. Tuscan flavours and Castle lifestyle are combined to make your culinary journey a real treat for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castello di Vicarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Vicarello Hotel Cinigiano
- Castello Di Vicarello Italy/Tuscany - Cinigiano