I stayed with my wife for two nights at the Castello Vicarello at the of June. We had heisted to book after reading some negative comments but eventually decided to take a chance. It is relatively difficult to find the Castello Vicarello, despite the indications given by the owner because it sits at the end of a long road with multiple forks without proper indication.
When you arrive at the Castello, you have to ring to have the main door remotely opened. When you reach the parking lot, there is no one expecting you to help you with your luggage, and same thing after spending a few minutes at the reception desk. We found that a bit disappointing.
The Castello is located In a great place at the top of a small hill but the view of the valley is spoilt by a high tension power line.
In our room, some of the windows has no blinds so in the morning, the room was full of light very early.
Since the Castello Vicarello is so far away from everything, you have to take dinners over there and it feels like the owners think they can charge a hefty price for a very average dinner. The 4-course dinner costs 80 EUR. It is good but not fancy or spectacular. The wines are priced relatively high and they even charge for water (not clear if it was tap water or mineral water)
With the price of dinner, we were charged close to 900 EUR per night and based on what I have seen elsewhere, both in and outside of Italy, it is grossly overpriced for a place in the middle of nowhere. I am sure there are other nice castellos in the area priced much more reasonably
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Vicarello, you will appreciate the calm, serene, and magnificent environment as well as the pleasures of the surrounding nature. We invite you to taste and savour the biological products cultivated on the estate and discover the local specialties, such as the freshly fished gourmet treasures of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the games dishes so typical from the Maremma. Tuscan flavours and Castle lifestyle are combined to make your culinary journey a real treat for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Vicarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Vicarello Hotel Cinigiano
- Castello Di Vicarello Italy/Tuscany - Cinigiano