“Humiliating Experience”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Ghaziabad
Bengaluru, India
“Humiliating Experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have a Platinum member tier with Lemon Tree Rewards. I checked in yesterday, Feb 14th 2014 with my wife and checked out today evening, Feb 15th. Right from checkin where they did not inform that it was twin bed that they are allotting to offering Free WiFi for duration of stay, the staff had no clue on the Tier benefits. The benefit of complimentary stay for spouse wasn't offered at checkout and gave reason that this needed to be informed in advance. The FOM (S***l**H M**H*A) even went to the extent of checking if my visiting nephew was staying overnight !. They gave the excuse of not being able to verify my tier status in their systems. I then had to show them the mail from Rewards team & go online and login to lemontree rewards site to "prove" my tier.This was all happening in front of my wife & nephew and made me look like as if i was trying to avail benefits not eligible for me.

The entire Front desk attitude was so unprofessional that this one single instance has ruined the great feel good factor that i always had experienced at everyother LT properties till date. Otherwise the rooms are good and restaurant people were very courteous. But atleast for me, this would be my first and last visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, East Delhi Mall, Kaushambi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aeapen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am secretary EDPA, we regularly keep our meetings here and always we get a homely feel. this time we had kept our annual family get together in feb. The staff and management is always ready to help you.On behalf of our association I thank Ramesh Ashok Ravinder Rajeev Amar for their wholehearted participation and support in making our event successful. Looking forward for further such functions. Dr Ajay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, East Delhi Mall, Kaushambi, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, East Delhi Mall. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.ed@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I stayed two night there. Hotel is very clean and behaviour of the hotel staff is very cordial. Area also safe. The hotel is on top of a shopping complex so that came very handy. There food is also amazing. I will defiantly stay there again.

Room Tip: 6th Floo.r will be best

Noida, India
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The occassion was my daughter's first birthday and I wanted to make it a memorable day. I live in Noida and has shortlisted 4 hotels in NOIDA for this function. Then, I was suggested to consider Lemon Tree (LT) at EDM. The biggested advantage that it would offer to me is its proximity to Anand Vihar metro. It was a really a great advantage.

This was the first party that I have ever organized in my own personal capacity. So, I did not have a clue what it takes to organize a party. I visited LT and saw its banquet. It fitted perfectly for the gathering that I was looking at. The per plate rate that I was offered was very competitive to what I was offered in a hotels at NOIDA. I was assured that the hotel will take care of all the arrangements, and all I need to do is finalize the menu. I was very much impressed with their offering and decided to go ahead with them. Though, they do not provide decoration themselves, the vendor that they recommended turned out to be real professional.

On the day, I was asked to come at 11:30 as my function would start at 12:00. Fearing that there could be a number of lapses that needed my attention at the venue, I reached the hotel at 9:30 AM. I wasnt expected much work till then, But I was surprized that most of the decoration work was already complete. I was quite relieved that I did not have to face the ordeal of rushing all this work at the last moment.

My guests started coming at 12:00. The hotel servicing staff was brilliantly trained that not even once I felt a need to ask them to provide a better service. The service of the waiters was the highlight of the event. I have seen in other events that waiters can make a great party look bad due to their poor service. But this was not the case here. In fact, a lot of my guest complimented about the attentiveness of the waiters. I was quite pleasently surprized to find that a couple of members of their service team were impaired with speech. I thought they may not be able to deliver properly. But They were so adequately trained that I never thought that they are speech and hearing impaired.

The food they served was really good. The variety in menu that they offered was wide. There was absolute transparency about the count of plates. I had a situation where 4 of my guests were observing fasts on that day. The hotel offered to provide milk and a plate of fruits for all of them. It was a pleasent gesture from the hotel.

The entire experience of hosting a party was so smooth. The wrap up of the event was also smooth. At 3:30 PM when all my guests had left, I made the payment and came home. There were no surprize inclusion in the final bill :).

I am so happy that my daughter's first birthday went well beyond my expectations. It felt so much joyous next day in the office when everyone was complimenting for such a well managed party. All that I had to take care of in this party was final payment ;). Rest everything was taken care of by the staff members.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank anujsingh001

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The hotel is really kept clean and the staff are really friendly. The hotel is on top of a shopping complex so that came very handy. There food is also amazing. I will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jakhussain

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked this hotel for a business stay and had a very limited time stay in this property.
The hotel is a good business hotel located just a few minutes from the ISBT, but definitely almost 40 kms from the IGI airport. The entry to the hotel was a bit mysterious as one has to enter the hotel though the basement. The hotel is part of the EDM mall in Ghaziabad, but the cab driver had to drive around the mall to find the entry gate in the first instance.
Other wise the rooms are fitted with all the amenities, though surprisingly the televisions in the hotel rooms still have a cable connection probably in the age of DTH even without a set top box. But no complaint about the reception quality as such but a very few channels available.
The food in the room service looked a bit expensive, but the complimentary breakfast spread was worthy. the café was also pretty beautifully decorated with a nice ambience. The most refreshing part was the lime smell at the lounge as soon as one enters the hotel. The smell was at par with the name of the hotel chain.
As the hotel is along with the EDM mall in Ghaziabad, there is lots of food option around. The mall has its own food court along with pizza and KFC option. Also a PVR to spend the idle time if you are done with the business. Also quite a few shops in the mall and around the hotel.
The hotel offers a gym and an open swimming pool.

1 Thank tmsrc_1981

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am staying in Lemon Tree, EDM frequently for last 3 years during my business trip to India from Australia.
The general hygiene of the hotel is reasonable good.
Service staffs are efficient and co-operative.
Old kitchen stuffs like Vinay, Gopal,Jitendra are special to be mentioned.

I wish to stay there again in next opertunity.

1 Thank GlobeTraveler007

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ghaziabad
Radisson Blu Kaushambi Delhi NCR
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
Golden Tulip Vasundhara
Golden Tulip Vasundhara
#5 of 30 in Ghaziabad

Been to Lemon Tree Hotel, East Delhi Mall, Kaushambi? Share your experiences!