“Good Service, Better Food, Best Rooms !!!”

Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Ghaziabad
New Delhi, India
“Good Service, Better Food, Best Rooms !!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

LOCATION: Located with in walking distance from Vaishali Metro Station and 5 to 10 mins drive from Anand Vihar Railway Station and 40-45 mins from New Delhi Railway Station. Distance from Delhi airport though takes at least 75 to 90 mins in normal traffic.

Also, this hotel is part of the 'Mahagun Metro Mall' giving guests an additional access to all the mall's shops, cinemas, food joints which is a great advantage. Since the hotel is located off the main road it is not noisy at all.

LOBBY: Smartly designed, Compact but not congested.

RECEPTION: Polite, Helpful but need to improve on their speed at the time of check in. Also there are no dedicated bell boys for guest arrival so it takes little time for reception to arrange for one.

ROOMS: My family members stayed in all the four type of room category available. The base category 'STUDIO' is sufficiently spacious with kitchenette (a unique feature in all room categories of this hotel). The next category 'Premier Studio' is very spacious with sofa-cum-bed. The next category 'SUITE' is of same size as Premier Studio but with a partition so acts as 1 bedroom+1 Living room with sofa-cum-bed giving it a rich ambience. The highest category Premier Suite is Suite+1 extra bedroom suitable for large families.

All rooms have running RO water to drink along with complimentary 1 Litre bottled water per guest per day.

FOOD: Most vegetarian items were delicious and portion size is also fair enough.

RESTAURANT: Good ambience with view of mall's shops.

BAR: Not tried but adjacent to Restaurant and looked upbeat.

SWIMMING POOL: Small but nice, Located on terrace.

GYM.: All modern equipments with right space.

SPA/JACUZZI: Not tried but visited. Ambience good, Overall area allocated seemed bit small.

LIFTS: Only 2 which is not enough for this 127 rooms property. Should be at least 5.

Room Tip: 1) Though Ghaziabad doesn't offer any great views but still the higher floor the better. 2) Avo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shashank1980
GM-SPV, General Manager at Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Mahagun Sarovar Portico, Vaishali.

Hygreev Karri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Being a regular Sarovar guest .. this was no different experience.. Sarovar chain has been able to replicate the experience very well.

Rooms are large and spacious.. With all amenities including Microwave Oven, Toaster, Tea Coffee maker , Fridge et al..

Food at Sarovar has always been great and tasty ( even if it is expensive).. Try the combo meal in room service .. it is right quantity and different items.. like Paneer or Chicken Gravy with Roti, Rice , Papad and Sweet Dish .. cheaper than the buffet but yet filling..

Location like most Porticos is in a mall.. so given an opportunity one can walk into the mall do some shopping, watch a movie , and also eat .. Mac, Subway, Chinese and Indian restaurants all available.. Also a 99 store where one can get lot of different stuffs for household and kids priced very reasonably..

Service is always no problem at Sarovar and I remain loyal as always to their hospitality..

Do not forget they are cheaper .. (i opted out of Radisson Blue which is a good property very close but bit expensive ;-))

Room Tip: Take rooms in the higher floors upto 9th .. good view and peaceful ..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sai9701
GM-SPV, General Manager at Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed May 30, 2013

as the only indian hotel that i know of which is located right inside a mall (with even a small passageway from the lobby directly into the mall) this hotel offers the twin benefits of fantastic access to cheap, wide range of good food and a multiplex to while away time - in case one needs to - at a discounted rate.

the rooms are excellent - esp. those that have one whole wall window overlooking the mall and have the added advantage of a bare kitchenette complete with toaster & microwave. the shower cubicled bath is also pretty nice. and housekeeping keeps it all spic & span.

the rooftop, poolside dining is a wonderful experience complete with live band & all. but the unavailability of a-la-carte menu and a slightly over the top pricing for the buffet spread seem to have become stumblers to higher numbers. the 2nd floor restaurant serves an excellent range for complimentary buffet breakfast. but room service is pathetically slow, stewards lack proper training and attitude and quite a few items printed on menu are not available. and quality of cooking isn't high on taste either.

while the inside-mall presence provides the hotel novelty and ease of location, the entry is most ill-planned and quite a nuisance to negotiate. also there are no special discounts offered to regular or long-staying guests. for its price (had been offered a discounted corporate rate) and the fact that it is possibly the only decent hotel nearest to ghaziabad, it would be fine for short stint stays only.

or until one runs out of options to eat out in the mall, maybe!! ;-)

Room Tip: ask for rooms overlooking the mall inside!! one can spend time just looking at life go by!! ;-)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GM-SPV, General Manager at Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Mahagun Sarovar Portico!!

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction. However I would like to reiterate the fact that all points raised by you are being addressed to, in the most effective manner as part of our continuous training as we represent a strong brand & believe in the fact that we can live up to your expectation on your next visit.

mumbai india
Reviewed May 30, 2013

dear friends,
had an opportunity for the fourth time of a great stay experience at the mahagun sarovar portico ,vaishali sector 3,ghaziabad and would like to rate it as a 7 star experience for the repeated warmth and care of their valued customers.
my regular spiritual trips to Ghaziabad are so fulfilling thanks to the great lobby manager mr.jitendra jha who is the epitome of grace and warmth which reflected right through him to all his team members at the front office at all times.
The restaurant and the staff at the buffet breakfast also need kudos for their courteous services and assistance.
kudos to the management for such professionalism and warmth ... a rare combination.
lookforward to many more stays in this hotel and
will certainly recommend this property to all my work colleagues at royal bank of scotland and my friends and family to patronise this hotel.
kudos to this 7 star repeated experience .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed in Mahagun Sarovar Portico last week, its a decent hotel at a decent price, actually good hotel at the price we paid. We made the booking through make my trip and got a good deal.
The hotel is located inside a mall and the good part is that you don't have to go too far for any shopping, movie or metro you get everything near the hotel. The best part what i liked is that the hotel has a small kitchenette inside the room wherein you have a microwave toaster utensils etc. So if you are visiting Delhi for some work and have work in ghaziabad noida or anything nearby and if you have to stay for few days this hotel provides you the best deal, than you save the money which you might have spent on the food since you can have things in the room itself.

Room Tip: Just avoid the rooms facing the malls, since in those rooms you can see the mall but at the same tim...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I put up in Ghaziabad only and suppose to book one room for my relatives for a night. I check on call that what is the price of your basic room and even checked on URL also
Room Charges: INR 2,999
Fees: INR 0
Tax: INR 372
Total: INR 3,371
, the person received my call informed 3400+taxes and I also checked can I have an instant booking he said its perfectly fine. When we went to reception the duty person ASHISH(can never forget his name and rude face expressions) was at reception, I saw two guest standing very near to reception however not talking to the Ashish I thought the reservation desk is free so I asked I need a room for two………he bluntly said could you please wait as let me do the booking of these guys first and will call you , I apologised and made ourself comfortable at the sofa’s near by . I thought he will call but he didn’t have courtesy to call us but after 20 mins I went and asked are you free now then he checked and said yes the basic room is available but at cost of 9000INR with breakfast as its an instant booking , I was shocked .
Then I informed him that yesterday only I checked on you reception at the cost was low , he said you have not spoken to me I don’t know about any other who responded and best……………. very next he got a room available at 4500INR + taxes just half but even then more than what was promissed on call……….and said I can give you this as best. The way he said all this was not expected from a guy sitting at the reception of such a esteemed hotel .
This over all conversation was very rude, the hotel is near to my home otherwise I would have changed the option . the situation was very embarrassing in front of my relatives. I got a room which was connecting to other room, when I asked the bell boy what is this he said it’s a inter connecting room, I am not sure was that the only room available at cost of 5000INR.

In the evening I ordered for two cup of tea. After 45 mins I called again where is my tea, I boy said ohhhhh, we forget that order please give me 5 mins your tea will be ready……….

I stayed in your Lazy lagoon goa
Jaipur and even tried Lucknow property….these most unprofessional behaviour I got.

Room Tip: If you are a couple please check it should not be a interconnecting room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dilvyaz
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Mahagun Sarovar Portico Vaishali !

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am extremely concerned reading your feedback and have initiated necessary steps to ensure that our guests do not encounter such issues again. I request you to consider this as an aberration to our normal standards of service.

Chandigarh
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The stay was comfortable.The room was clean & as a surprise element had a mini pantry with utensils/chinaware ,cutlery & a microwave all fitted into a small space .There was also a facility of RO/hot potable water.The big window was directed towards the busy shopping mall,(since the hotel is within this Mahagun Mall) & all activities were visible from inside.One big drawback was that the view of the room was equally visible to the world from outside as well.The glass should have been tainted.The food was good but the same cannot be said about the service/staff,which lacked professionalism.Overall, was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have made a personal note of your comments regarding "F&B Service/Staff" and have discussed this with my F&B Manager and, feedback such as yours help us to enhance our service standards and go beyond the expectations of our valued guests.

Hygreev Karri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ghaziabad
Golden Tulip Vasundhara
#90 of 713 in New Delhi
Clarks Inn Suites
Clarks Inn Suites
#2 of 3 in Sahibabad

Been to Mahagun Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!