Park Broom Lodge
Hotels.com
$72
$74
PremierInn.com
Cumbria Park Hotel(Carlisle)(Great Value!)
$63
$53
Agoda.com
Angus Hotel(Carlisle)
$99
Premier Inn Carlisle M6 Jct44 Hotel(Carlisle)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Breakfast included
Pinegrove Hotel(Carlisle)
$67
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusy roadtriple glazingfree standing bathfour posterhadrian's walltrouton arrivalpot of teacumbrian breakfastevening mealpark broomposter bedmain roadgreat hostslamblarge roomwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Wallfoot Hotel and Restaurant with my sister, aunt, and mom while traveling to Hadrian's wall. The couple who have taken over as Management were lovely to deal with, very sociable and made us feel right at home. The food was really good, the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The managers went above and beyond any of our expectations in regards to service. Next time I am in the UK and in this area I will definitely be traveling back to the Wallfoot for at least a few nights and would recommend others stay here as they will definitely enjoy their stay and the atmosphere.

1  Thank Luanne L
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this past weekend I spent two nights at the Wallfoot hotel and restaurant with my mother aunt and sister. Overall the Hotel is excellent, especially if you are looking for a homey feeling filled with personal touches, as opposed to the most businesslike approach to hotel management like most hotel chains! the rooms are clean and well maintained, the food is excellent and the people there are wonderful, always trying to help you make the most of your trip! The young couple the are managing the hotel have only been there three weeks and are slowly working at improving the hotel to a higher standard after a previous manager let the place deteriorate, and in the three weeks they had when we arrived I feel that they have made a good start, with no where to go but up!

Room Tip: this hotel does have family rooms with up to 4 beds, so I would advise looking into that before seperating the family into two rooms!
2  Thank Melodie L
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hi,
I called in to wallfoot hotel crosby on eden. on the 1st of august. A young coupleMr and Mrs Marc Baird had just taken over on th 31st July. They were working very hard to get it up and running.
I called back in on the on Monday night 6th august and stopped,I also stopped the Tuesday Night, they made me very welcome Nothing was too much trouble.they were very tired. Still working hard.
They had managed to get the bar. resturant, and 1 bedroom decorated. I stopped in the bedroom, it was lovely. very refreshing. A big breakfast in the morning. Both nights i had an evening meal, which was faultless. all freshly cooked.and well presented.
I will definitely stop again on my travels to scotland to see relatives.
Marybedworth7777

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Wallfoot is very run down. The place looks unloved and we were unwilling to stay the night here once we had been shown the room which was dirty and underequipped- no towels, loo roll etc. The owner/ manager is leaving and he very helpfully found us alternative accomodation. The hotel looks nothing like the images on the website- beware.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank cath4224
Marc B, Owner at Park Broom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Im sorry to hear you had a terrible experience at Wallfoot hotel. I believe you stayed when the previous owner was in charge. Myself and my wife have since took over the hotel and are slowly trying to rectify what has gone wrong here in the past. We hope if you are in the area again you will consider Wallfoot Hotel and hopefully we can make you feel welcome and you can enjoy your stay in Carlisle. Kind Regards Marc Baird t/a Wallfoot Hotel and Restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was an overnight stay, on a very wet 4 day walk across the Hadrian's Wall path. The Hotel appears well past its hey day but the new owner manager, Nigel Arismandez, appears to be making all the right effort to ensure a smile. The rooms are small and basic but comfortable enough. The hotel has an in house licenced bar and resaurant and the food is good, well presented and standard small restaurant selection. The value here is Nigel and the staff. Arriving with wet gear and shoes, every effort was made to help get things dried out and help prepare for onward journey. Average Hotel with a Very Good and friendly service. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family