“Our stay at Creaden View was the perfect Irish experience”

Creaden View Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunmore East
Creaden View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Dunmore East B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This was just what we wanted when we visited Ireland. "Creaden View" was absolutely perfect with Host Kathleen Martin the best we could have dreamed for...The room was so nice, the hospitality so genuine and the breakfast so delicious. We even had a visit from a huge sailing ship, docked in the harbor with all of her grandness plus lights at night. None of the locals even knew why the ship was there, its origin, or ownership.

Our accomations were wonderful---the room--- immaculate--- and a spectacular view of the ocean.

We were so touched by the whole thing that we just sat there and stared out the
window. I had wanted to come to Ireland my whole life, and, with my Irish hertigage, I could not wait to see and touch the real Ireland. My hope of feeling that special Irish something wasn't found in the cities--and maybe I expected too much--- but, then we found Dunmore East and "Creaden View".

I felt as if all of my Dad's relatives had come to welcome me. I know that this may sound childish and out of reach for an American to find his link without any living realitives to guide him---but, let me assure you our stay in this small Irish town and the people we met there---was---Magical!

The small community of Dunmore East Co. Waterford was everything I had dreamed of and it actually confirmed what my father had always told me: "The true Irish people are the most wonderful folks on earth! " I now know what he meant!

Susan and Fred Wilson, from the fine State of Washington, U.S.A.

Room Tip: Use a GPS or call for directions.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Freddy723

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Myself and my partner stayed in this charming little B&B and it was excellent. Kathleen was extremely friendly, the ocean view from our window, the breakfast (fit for a gladiator) and the little doggie......... a class act all round.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Wow what a service at such a low price!! I really recommend this b&b Kathleen and her husband are absolutely so hospitable! The breakfast is brilliant the room really clean good quality beds, the bathroom so nice!!
This is the b&b you want

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank MarbWatou
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Creaden View is the absolute best B&B in DE. Kathleen Martin will be sure every detail is attended to and that your comfort and enjoyment are looked after with great care. The location is in the center of town so you are conveniently handy to many restarurants and local pubs Dunmore East has to offer. If you get a chance to meet her husband, John, he is the man to show you the best pub in town. And, if your lucky enough to be staying over a weekend, you'll meet Kathleen's mother, Winnie. She is such a lovely lady to have a laugh with. We have known John and Kathleen since 2000 and return to Dunmore East every year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy1976
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This was our first experience with a B & B and we couldn't have asked for a better one!! Kathleen was amazing as was our room. SUPER clean and warm and inviting, Great location. Breakfast was really great. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsZoeyL
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Whether you stay in the self catering or the B & B you will not be disappointed. John & Kathleen make you feel so welcome and the "craic" is only surpassed by the breakfast. The rooms are light and airy, spotlessly clean with lovely views. You are free to come and go as you please and their are no limitations on when you have your breakfast. A must stay if you visit Dunmore East. Cannot wait to return later in the year.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Kathleen and John Martin are excellent hosts and made us feel most welcome. The room we were allocated was spotlessly clean as was the en suite and we had a stunning sea view. Breakfast was served in a beautiful little conservatory and was top notch. Would highly recommend Creaden View. Why pay hotel prices when you can stay somewhere of this standard for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple