The Spinnaker Bar and Restaurant
Open today: 11:00 AM - 12:30 AM
Review Highlights
Excellent varied menu

We were a large (20) family group and descended on the Spinnaker in a very hungry state. We were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
John B
Waterford, Ireland
Feel Good Dining

From the great greeting to the great food, another fabulous meal. The teen adored the steak... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $7.86
from $10.11
from $16.84
More Info
All reviews great menu goujons seafood chowder steak fabulous meal surf and turf lovely staff adult portions dry dock knick knacks niall ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

We arrived to the Spinnaker on a busy Saturday night without a reservation. We were immediately accommodated by the ladies at the bar and offered a table in the Dry Dock. We ordered two pizzas, a garlic pizza bread and a bottle of the house Cabernet Sauvignon. The food was lovely especially the Garlic pizza bread, one of the nicest I’ve ever had. The Meat Feast and BBQ Chicken pizzas were lovely. We could barely finish them as they were loaded with toppings. The Dry Dock Bar had a kiddies movie on so the ladies told us there were free tables back in the bar. (Even though I had been watching the movie for a good 15 mins). There was a Duo in the bar doing some Irish tunes which were very entertaining . I couldn’t fault the food, service and the atmosphere. I will definitely be back and hopefully I will catch the rest of the movie.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 15, 2019

Being frequent visitors to the Spinnaker, we decided to hold my daughter's communion celebration there. The staff pulled out all the stops and we had an absolute incredible day. The service as always, was top notch, the food was amazing and after feeding 35 people the bill was less than expected, the Spinnaker delivered in spades. The level of service and quality of food is exceptional, any statement to the contrary is an untruth.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Came here for a romantic dinner. Went for the surf and turf which is more turf and less surf. Dissapointed to not see lobster and more sea food option on a place so close to the sea.

The food is beautiful prepared, although my steak was over cooked. The place has a traditional pub fare menu, with pizzas caboot which some complemented. My wife and I went for a brownie + treacle toffee pudding which the brownie was actually a chocolate cake Not sure what happened there!

Overall a good experience, but they could push the boat out (literally) and be so much more...

It's in a decent location but no views to speak of. It sometime has live music to, but in the case of our evening I would of rather it hadn't as the quality left something to be desired.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

The unusually warm Easter led us to Dunmore East for the day. A late-ish lunch was needed for the kids, the Spinnaker’s menu fitted the bill. The mood demanded comfort food. 3 fish and chips , burger and skinny fries and chicken goujons (very good)for the 5 year old. All food was top quality as proven by the clean plates all round. Service was prompt and friendly. A mild criticism would be the adult portions were a weency bit light and I did ponder was €18 for a fish’s and chip a tad high. the other fish fish dishes were priced at at a prohibitive €28. However food and service were faultless. So maybe that’s what ya gotta pay. Nice decor and atmosphere in the place.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Visited today before the cliff walk and swim at Portally. I had the Cajun chicken wrap, which was really tasty, very nicely spiced and served with leaves, diced peppers (dressed), coleslaw and chunky chips. My husband had the seafood chowder - very creamy, lots of seafood, well seasoned, served with brown bread. The portions were very decent. The pub is just gorgeous, so traditional, lots of dark wood, knick knacks, fire lit, nice and cosy. Perfect for a winters day!

Date of experience: March 2019