“I live in Dunmore East and would dine here regularily as we have always enjoyed it.”
Review of Azzurro

Azzurro
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Dunmore East
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family run Bar & Restaurant in a picturesque seaside village. WIFI, Air Conditioned, Private Dining Room, Outdoor Dining, Family Friendly, Daily Fresh Fish specials.We also have two sister restaurants in Waterford City. la Palma on the Mall & Espresso an Parnell Street.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good and varied menu. The olive spread they serve with nice bread and bread sticks is nice to begin with.
Specials are always good and served well. Menu plus specials give a good selection. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Birthday treat brought us here for the hubbys birthday. We arrived in on a wet evening and it was a lovly warm welcoming restaurant that greeted us. I loved the decor, and the views are great. We were seated downstairs I would have prefered upstairs but stayed where I was. I like this menu, there again is some thing to suit every one and the wine can be ordred by the glass. Fresh fish on the menu as well. Service was efficient and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Azzurro is in an idyllic spot overlooking the beaches of Dunmore East. The restaurant has a nice bit of character inside and the window seats upstairs offer great sea views. The menu offers a nice selection of local seafood and typical Italian dishes all at very affordable prices. The serving sizes were generous, the food was good, appetizer of fish cakes was slightly burnt but still a great meal. Services was excellent.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate here July 2012, and were initially impressed with the bar/restaurant, but we left feeling completely underwhelmed. I ordered the seafood pasta with an Asian twist, but it was utterly uneatable. The dish had a whole lime cooked in with the pasta, not just squeezed into the dish (four lime segments were laying at the bottom of the bowl. This would be ok if balanced with sugar. It obviously wasn't). After tasting the dish and finding it extremely sharp I complained to a waitress, who apologised and brought it back to the kitchen. Naturally, I expected someone to return with a replacement, or an offer of another dish, but after 25mins of waiting I asked for the bill, fuming that no employee approached us. Surprise, surprise, the dish was on the bill, as well as a bottle of wine which we never ordered (I had ordered one glass).

After pointing out their mistake, and reiterating my annoyance at the quality of the food, I expected the revised bill to reflect this, but unfortunately the management of Azzuro felt compelled to leave my pasta dish on there. Needless to say, there was no tip, and I have passed on my bad review to friends and family who were visiting Dunmore East this summer.

2  Thank Gmay2701
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Lovely chilled out restaurant, food was good, place is just lovely - eat in or outside on terrace. Very enjoyable.