“Well worth a visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Waterford, Ireland
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a very nice place to visit and pass away a evening enjoying the atmosphere and the good food. It ia a little more expensive (18 euro on average) but well worth it.

• Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“very good but a little pricey”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Spinnaker restaurant is a family favourite. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. They provide crayons and colouring sheets for the children which is great to keep them entertained.
We have been going to the Spinnaker over the past 3 years when on holiday in Dunmore East. We felt the standard of food had disimproved slightly this year, but having said that it didn't stop us eating there 3 times over the two weeks.
Overall it is a warm and friendly place with good food, but a little pricey

• Visited August 2013
“Beautiful Food.... little niggle though”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner ate here a good few weeks ago, the staff are so lovely and helpful and have time for you for such a busy spot! We didnt bother with any starters just skipped straight to the mains. He ordered monkfish in tempura batter and I ordered the seafood pie. When they arrived at our table, he tucked into his fab monkfish, however in the first forkful of my fish pie, there was a hair, I called the girl and she apologised and took it back to the kitchen, asked me if I wanted the same again or something different, I opted for the monkfish instead. My partner had finished his a good 10 minutes before mine came out - now I appreciate that it takes time to freshly prepare and cook the dish but it did put a dampener on our meal out. I did thoroughly enjoy my dish when I eventually got it, and we were impressed enough to order a gorgeous dessert. When we got the bill I was a bit disappointed to see they didn't offer anything off by way of apology (its not very cheap either). I know these things happen but they are also extremely preventable. Ill just say that we will be back but not in a hurry.

• Visited September 2013
“Friends' wedding reception at the Spinnaker Bar, Dunmore East”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently attended a wedding reception at the Spinnaker Bar in Dunmore East after two of my friends got hitched at the local church up the road. From the outset we were made to feel incredibly welcome when we arrived at the Spinnaker. Guests were greeted at the door by the manager and the bar-staff greeted us as we arrived in to the Dry Dock bar – a very cosy and functional covered terrace at the rear of the restaurant. The bar-staff could not have been friendlier or more attentive - every last one of them. The bar manager whizzed about the place all night long, always with a smile on his face, taking multiple orders at a time and seeing to the needs of every guest. He set a fine standard for the other staff, all of whom happily followed his excellent example.

The waiting staff are to be commended for the manner in which they served the meal. Always friendly and attentive, they ensured that every guest received precisely what they had ordered and cooked to their individual liking. They regularly checked that we had everything we needed and that our meal was to our satisfaction. The chefs are deserved of a special mention. Every guest, bar none, were hugely impressed with the menu which the bride and groom had put together with the help of the chefs. The meal appeared to be prepared with the best of ingredients and was cooked and presented to near perfection. The wedding guests raved about the meal all night long.

After the meal we danced all night long in what was a perfect venue, in a perfect setting, for a very stylish small-medium sized wedding. I certainly look forward to returning to Dunmore East for a weekend break and a couple of nice meals in the Spinnaker Bar.

1 Thank DJF2012
Kildare
“"Fantastic food, great staff"”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The spinnaker bar & restaurant , it's well worth a visit. Great menu, fantastic food, great staff and service. I would recommend to any visitor or local person to go along and experience the ambiance of this place. 5 Star all the way.

1 Thank MaryannKildare