Monkey Lala El Tunco Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
SABAS Beach Resort(La Libertad)
$85
Travelocity
Casa de Mar(El Sunzal)
$150
  • Breakfast included
Beverly Hills Hotel & Suites(Antiguo Cuscatlan)
$81
$86
$76
HolidayInn.com
Hotel Merliot(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
$55
$73
Fairfield Inn
All reviewswatch the sunsetel tuncomicheladawavescrowd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went there on a Saturday to have some drinks and watch the sunset and was suprised by a party that was going on that evening. It was very nice, they build a bonfire, had a dj with lounge music, good food, good service and nice people!
I could get a peek of one of the rooms and it looked very modern and clean. I would definitely stay there!
The only reason why I didn't give a 5 star rating was because there was a limited selection of drinks. They had mostly just beer.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and loved it! The beds are comfortable, the rooms are very clean and the air conditioning is greatly appreciated! The location is the best... perfect view of the rock that the sun sets behind, there's a crowd hanging out almost every night at sunset to watch all the surfers. The food and drinks were great, the staff is absolutely unbelievable, and the overall vibe is perfect for a little getaway. On weekends there's often a DJ, but most days they'll play music in the afternoon. It's still quiet at night, and very safe.
I dealt with Yazmin to book the room and she was absolutely fantastic. Her responses were timely and full of information. We had some flight issues and had to extend our stay and she was very accommodating to make sure we were able to stay there and enjoy our holiday without worries. The other staff were also great to ask questions to, and just to have a general conversation with.
El Tunco itself is fantastic... a great crowd! One of the local surfers took us to some local waterfalls and everyone is willing to give advice on where to eat and what to do!
Loved this trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying here for ten wonderful days
Big room , great Ac , cable tv , great food friendly staff and super relaxed
Lots of waves just in front of your room , with amazing sun rise and sun sets
I was felling like home in just hrs
With comfortable bed and a strong Ac its a surfers dream

Yes it can be a bit more expensive from the budget places but a million dollar view is worth it

Tytti was my host and looked after me with jasmine and Armando giving the great advice where to go

Can't wait to go back thank you guys for super great time

Room Tip: Room number 2 was my choice I could hear it and see the surf from my window Dosent get better than that
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited El Tunco for 10 days, and while the accommodations at Monkey LaLa were out of my price range for this particular trip, I would highly recommend stopping by here at least. For 10 days straight I spent every evening enjoying sundowners at their beachfront bar watching the most beautiful sunsets imagine able. Staff were so friendly and accommodating, they have cheap beer and good snacks at the bar and the hotel facilities always appeared immaculate. They sometimes DJ live music at sunset at this bar which you don't want to miss! I give this place 5 stars and would stay here in the future on account of the great atmosphere.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jipsy13
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It was a wonderful stay. The moment we were met at the airport we know that Monkey LaLa was going to be home away from home. Yazim is professional and detailed. The communication before our trip with our rates, travel and pickup was seamless. We had the opportunity to be in El Tunco for two and half weeks, Monkey LaLa being our home for the entire time. When we left to go home it felt like we were leaving part of our family behind.

The rooms are clean, and spacious. The staff is always present in case you need an extra towel or some thing extra. Orco the french bulldog is a friendly companion to sit by your feet while you have morning coffee. The hotel has the perfect setting just off the main street for quietness but close enough for the stroll into the other bars or dining options.

The entire group of Monkey LaLa is spectacular. I can't wait for next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family