“Basic food but well cooked”

West End Tavern Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Marden
Cuisines: Pub
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Basic food but well cooked”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had an evening meal in here which was quickly served. We were with regulars to the pub so they knew the staff well so can't really comment on the service.

There was little on the menu that I would call restaurant food (more bar snacks or quick meals); however, the specials board was more appropriate.

I chose 'Chicken and Bacon' expecting a breast wrapped in bacon; what I received was a grilled chicken breast opened up and two pieces of bacon placed on top quite simply. Exactly what was said on the board but I was expecting something a little more.

It was nicely cooked and the potatoes were nice as well so can't complain but, as I said, basic pub grub.

Also, having to walk through smokers at the door isn't the best entrance into what was a nicely laid out and presented pub.

• Visited May 2014