“Excellent food and great ambiance”

Stile Bridge Freehouse Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stile Bridge Freehouse Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Marden
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stile Bridge Freehouse Pub & Restaurant is an independent, family owned country pub serving a wide range of real ales, wonderful wines and a spectacular Gin List in addition to the usual spirits. With a fully commercial kitchen cooking food freshly prepared from local produce, a vegetarian-friendly mix of English cuisines from old favourites to something a little different awaits and all at very reasonable prices. There is a large patio garden with plenty of benches and seating for the summer and real fires indoors for the colder winter months. There is a separate restaurant inside the spacious interior of the pub but customers are welcome to eat in the bar and lounge areas should they choose to. A large free car park is available for all our visitors.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a wheelchair and the staff could not be more helpful and attentive, We really enjoyed the food. Especially liked them bringing the choice of Brandy and Whisky to the table to help us choose which one to have. Would recommend this pub and restaurant very highly, a most pleasant evening.

1  Thank Peter G

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were seated at the front of the pub opposite the bar, and never got to see the rear which I hear is a restaurant in a barn conversion. The menu was varied, definitely something for everyone, and the service was great. We opted for good old fashioned ham, egg and chips. You certainly can't complain about the portion sizes, but I did feel the ham wasn't the best quality I'd ever had which was a bit disappointing. However, the overall experience was very good, and I like the character of the paneled walls, etc even if it did feel like you were sitting in a cricket club. I think that added to the charm. I have booked to go back for an evening in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to trying out their evening menu.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I reviewed the Stile Bridge once before after a retirement evening meal. This time I visited with friends for lunch in the bar. There was a good choice of traditional pub meals and some interesting variations. The decor is dark wood with wooden seats and a very traditional feel. tiny bottles in display cabinets, old signs and country novelties add to the atmosphere. A large back room is available for larger parties. The landlord and his staff were pleasant and efficient. In my last review I commented that the blue paint outside made it look cold and uninviting - its now white! they said it was painted just for me but I'm sure I had little impact. however, the result is a traditional pub that is inviting inside and out.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

A very pleasant meal with a great choice of beers in nice surroundings. Fish and chips and lamb both excellent. Good speedy service and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

...the owner very swiftly found us a table for our party of three. The staff were very friendly and our order was delivered quickly. The vegetarian spinach and mushroom pie looked and tasted beautiful and was served with a huge bowl of vegetables, including cauliflower cheese.
One of our party ordered a delicious goat's cheese and pecan salad as well as a portion of Welsh Rarebit.
We shared a very tasty Lemon Posset, which was very creamy and was served with a homemade butter shortbread biscuit.
The bill for three generous plates of food, with one dessert, teas, coffees, soft drinks and wine and beer came to a very respectable £51.
We would recommend this very comfortable restaurant to anyone visiting the area or to locals, like us who fancy a treat.
Thank you for squeezing us in during a busy day for families!

3  Thank MSSavory