“This is a real Italian paradise”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 28 reviews

Reviews from our community

yoer
“This is a real Italian paradise”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Our vacation in 2016 has been the 8th time that we rent Villa Costa Piccola. We have never been disappointed and we therefore keep coming back. The house itself is very pleasant. It is fully equiped and very convinient for a stay of 8 people. The surroundings of the house is what makes it so special. A real paradise. If you are looking for privacy and the great feeling of being a part of nature this is the perfect place for you. The swimming pool is great. it is positioned perfectly and the scenery while swimming is beatifull and most relaxing. the owner of the house is a charming lady, always ready to assist with anything needed. She is also a great cook and we were fortunate enouth to enjoy it.
There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area, all, within 3-15 Km.

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the position of the house
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
L809KDjoh...
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Lovely villa but toddlers beware!”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Villa Costa Piccola is a lovely villa and ideal for a relaxing, peaceful summer holiday. However it proved a challenging place with an active 2 year old as there are lots of stairs inside including an open spiral staircase! On the whole the owner Leonella was helpful, even leaving us a tasty tiramisu I but we did have several days without wifi as the password was recorded wrongly. This was vital for us as our daughter was getting married down the road! The villa is very well equipped, lovely bedrooms and bathrooms. Leonella was very helpful but het English isn't wonderful. It would be helpful if instructions and information in the villa could be written much more clearly.

Date of stay: June 2016
Liked best: Views
Liked least: Danger to toddler
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
Jun 26, 2016
Many thanks Anne for review, to have mentioned the lovely villa in the pacefull place and to have appreciate my helpful. She was very busy to organize the doughter’s wedding and she has had very few time to relax and to spend an enjoyable holiday.
The wide spiral staircase is clearly visible in photographs and in the description of the structure.
I understand with a little baby 2 old is challenging because can not be left unattended, everywhere there are pitfalls , inside and outside with the swimming pool too . Many children have stayed in the structure including your own, and luckily nothing ever happened.
I hope Anne and family will be back again to spend relax holiday in this lovely place and, if they wish, we will talk , so I will improve my English.
Kindly Regards
axelaxel
Chengdu, China
“a perfect stay”
Reviewed October 26, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I came across this property on a booking website while I was looking for a quiet, comfortable place with character surrounded by stunning scenery. We were group of 4 people Italy, the UK and Belgium. I myself have been in the Tuscan/Umbrian area various times and I believe the Umbrian side is the better choice for many reasons: fewer tourists, lovely locals (no scams or anything like that as tourists don't overwhelm the area) and great food and wine.
Villa Costa Piccola seemed perfect for us and delivers amazing value for the the price. It has the rustic charm you want from a holiday in central Italy, yet it has all the modern facilities you need. A modern kitchen to cook the food we bought at the local market, spacious and comfy rooms and a big swimming pool. we particularly enjoyed the stunning sunsets while BBQing steaks and other tasty meats with a glass (or more) of local red.
One last word for the owners: helpful and trustworthy.
Totally recommended

Date of stay: September 2015
FiorePeru...
Perugia
“Fantastic for break!”
Reviewed October 26, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a wonderfull chance to spend our holydays in this magic place! The house is absolutely confortable and cozy (both in-house, both outside). We are deeply gratefull to Mrs Leonella, thanks to her kind and gracious welcome. She has responded to any questions we needed. We hope to spend our holydays in next summer. Wow, that will be great!

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location into the wild... and no far from the touristic centeres
Friends getaway
KristynaM
“Worst holiday ever?”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We spent one week in Villa Costa Piccola in July with our friends (two families both with 2 children) Reading previous positive reviews we were really looking forward to another nice holiday in Italy.

The house is placed about 10 minutes drive from closest village in the middle of the woods with beautiful views. The last 1.5 km you need to drive on very dirty stony road so you need to be careful. The house itself looks nicely from outside and has large garden with fireplace and a good swimming pool. When you come inside you will see that furniture would need a bit of refurbishment but still it is OK. The first small surprise came when we were asked for larger deposit than we had in the contact and were informed that we will get it back only a few days after our stay when owner will make detail check and not during handover when you leave the property. But we said OK that's not a big deal and we can manage it. Unfortunately the first issues appeared in the afternoon - the fridge apparently did not cool and toilet started to have water leakage. We asked Leonella what to do and we were given advices like how to use the fridge (ok, we are not idiots and we know how to use the fridge). Nothing worked and as we tried to measure temperature inside, it showed 13 degrees Celsius. We were asking for help but we were receiving more and more angry replies why we complain when everything had worked perfectly in the past. As situation did not improve and we even had to throw away some food we asked Leonella to make something finally. When we came from trip in the evening we got message that she was there with a repairman and the fridge is working. Also the toilet was repaired. Unfortunately the fridge was not repaired as when we added new food the temperature went again well above 10 degrees and ice creams completely melted. To make the situation worse we sudden got message from Leonella on Thursday that because the fridge was always working and she had to call the repairman unnecessarily she will charge us 50 EUR. This came as a big surprise as we spoke to her personally two times since the fridge’ repair and she never mentioned anything about it. When we replied that we do not agree and the fridge is not still working good, she started to send more and more aggressive and rude messages to us. All culminated on Friday.

Our toilet stopped working of Thursday again so we said we would wait for Friday morning where there is a scheduled cleaning of swimming pool to discuss everything with her personally. As there was quite a wind there were a lot of dust in the pool and quality of water was not good. To our biggest surprise no one showed up in the morning. So we asked Leonella if she would come to clean the pool as scheduled and also asked her about help with broken toilet. Her reply really shocked us: It would be the best if you immediately leave the house and stop doing big troubles. Since that she stopped communicating with us and a few days later we received deposit without 50 EUR. No explanation why 50 EUR were charged, no receipt. But what was worst was her absolutely arrogant and rude behavior. So although we liked the area with beautiful towns of Gubbio, Spolleto and Perugia our holiday was spoilt by this unprecedently bad approach and problems we had so we agreed it was our worst holiday ever of more than 200 different places we visited.

Our small satisfaction is that also guests coming after us confirmed the fridge does not work. We now solve the whole issue with lawyers. When the case will be closed we will update the info.

Date of stay: July 2015
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 16, 2015
This lady “certainly came to the wrong place”: this is the only thing on which we agree.
Unfortunately she wants to exaggerate over everything: funishing, road, etc, listing a series of lies that can be easily disproved by pictures and reviews. This makes you understand how little she has been objective and has allowed herself to give judgment in writing on the behavior of the person. A slight fall in style for who like this lady ”has made 200 trips and is worldly-wise”…Who now threatens to resolve the entire question with lawyers, (for 50 Euro??) which does not give me pleasure, but it is her free choice ,at least like this we can finally clarify the facts, I remain in waiting.
However to clarify some information for the benefit of those who read this review, I would like to say that I have worked for many years in this business , I love my house and have great respect for my guests. I do not believe I could have achieved all this with an attitude “bad-tempered” and “rude” as the lady refers. The reviews of all my guests of 5 stars tell a very different reality.
Even the review to which the lady refers is not negative , it spoke of the exceptional heat that the television had reported as “the hottest summer for 130 years”. But she has reported that in the house it is fine. Even this lady had placed the thermostat at 5 but when I advised to reposition it to 2, she listened to the advice and and she can see that the fridge worked. Indeed she gave the valuation of 5 stars, maximum points.
This is how the events evolved:
Saturday 4 July: early afternoon the guests arrived. As always and as I do with all my guests I greeted them with a homemade cake, gave them the keys and all useful information. I offered them my utmost in case of any problems and wished them a lovely holiday.
Saturday evening shortly after their arrival they advised me there was a problem with the fridge. I asked them if they had touched the thermostat and when they confirmed that they had , I asked them to return it from 5 to 2/3 as it was upon their arrival.
Sunday morning: The guests were very impatient and threatened to leave the house because the fridge was not working. I was out for the day with my family but we came back 80km to resolve the problem. To find a technician on a Sunday afternoon in summer is not an easy task but after an hour of trying I found one and at 4pm I was at the villa with the technician.
We opened the fridge: it was overflowing with bottles, food, tin cans, butter and ice cream…etc, even though the thermostat was set at the unadvisable level , all the food was perfectly cold and the ice cream frozen. The technician explained to me that upon their arrival the guests had overfilled the fridge with food and to cool it down quickly had raised the thermostat believing the fridge would function better. In reality they had obtained the opposite since with extra effort, the motor overheats, and this worse works. Therefore the technician simply changed the thermostat from 5 to 2 as I had advised the previous day. Since the guests were out , I sent them a message to inform them that the fridge was working.
I paid the technician and obviously I would not have attributed any cost to my guests if had the fridge been broken but this was not the case.
Monday morning: I returned to clean the pool as is usual. The guests were satisfied with the fridge but complained that the cistern in one of the four bathrooms took too long to refill.
I called a plumber who arrived in 15 minutes. In fact there was a problem: a small residue of limestone obstructed the tube that drew the water. Problem sorted I said goodbyes to the guests and I did not hear from them for two days.
Wednesday morning: I returned to the villa to clean the pool and to do the water test. At this time I have informed the guests about the refund of € 50 paid to the technician for the fridge since there had been nothing broken and the error it was theirs.
From this moment on they started to ask for their deposit back before they left and they wanted me to go back to the villa with pretexts to discuss. They even threatened me that they would put a negative review which they have elegantly subsequently done.
Thursday and Friday: two days of insistent e-mails and sms to receive the deposit back one day before they left!!!
All agencies retain the deposit for 24 hours after the departure to permit the owner to perform a detailed control of the property. To return it before does not have sense.
But this they knew upon signing the contract. Also the amount of security deposit is specified in the contract and do not been asked more.
Exasperated by this behavior I wrote the following e-mail with the following suggestions since the guests wanted to leave in the early hours of Saturday morning:
“if you want your deposit returned before you leave, it would be possible in this way: leave the property either this morning or Saturday morning and in the afternoon, following a detailed control of the property, I will return to you the deposit. Please let me know your decision . I hope you have a safe journey home”.
This is my contribution to understand the facts and to respond to my supposed “rudeness” . Unfortunately I cannot publish their “polite” e-mails which I will save in case they want to go forward legally.
The reviews are an important means for anyone who travels , unfortunately, as it is for everything, there is always someone who use it inappropriately. I leave it for the reader to judge.
Thank you for attention.
MartineS2...
Tremelo, Belgium
“Awesome vacation rental”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We rented this house for 2 families, each with 2 children.
The bedroom on the top floor was quite hot to sleep when the temperatures were around 40 degrees outside. Once the temperatures became around 30 degrees, this bedroom was fine.
The bedroom on the main floor was pretty cool due to the small windows and the two bedrooms downstairs were very cool - no problems sleeping with the high temperatures.

The bathrooms were all very clean. In the middle of our two week stay the owner cleaned them again and provided us with new clean towels.

The kitchen was very nice, except the refrigerator wasn't really pulling it's weight the first few days when it was very hot, it was almost impossible to cool our drinks. Once the temperatures dropped a little it was working fine.

The swimming pool was clean and beautiful. The lounge chairs could use an upgrade because they were not very comfortable. Maybe add a pillow?

Date of stay: July 2015
Liked best: Pool area
Liked least: Refrigirator
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Sep 7, 2015
Thanks for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests. I hope that you can back again.
About the fridge I would like to point that if it is filled of too much food and drinks all together it takes a little more to cool, but this is normal especially if out there are very high temperature.
I always recommend not to change the set program but not always the guests listen to me….
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Date of stay: June 2015
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
With millions of reviews and protected online payments, Tripadvisor helps travelers book your home with confidence.
Set up your free listing
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.