“Fantastic for break!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

FiorePeru...
Perugia
“Fantastic for break!”
Reviewed October 26, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a wonderfull chance to spend our holydays in this magic place! The house is absolutely confortable and cozy (both in-house, both outside). We are deeply gratefull to Mrs Leonella, thanks to her kind and gracious welcome. She has responded to any questions we needed. We hope to spend our holydays in next summer. Wow, that will be great!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location into the wild... and no far from the touristic centeres
Friends getaway
KristynaM
“Worst holiday ever?”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We spent one week in Villa Costa Piccola in July with our friends (two families both with 2 children) Reading previous positive reviews we were really looking forward to another nice holiday in Italy.

The house is placed about 10 minutes drive from closest village in the middle of the woods with beautiful views. The last 1.5 km you need to drive on very dirty stony road so you need to be careful. The house itself looks nicely from outside and has large garden with fireplace and a good swimming pool. When you come inside you will see that furniture would need a bit of refurbishment but still it is OK. The first small surprise came when we were asked for larger deposit than we had in the contact and were informed that we will get it back only a few days after our stay when owner will make detail check and not during handover when you leave the property. But we said OK that's not a big deal and we can manage it. Unfortunately the first issues appeared in the afternoon - the fridge apparently did not cool and toilet started to have water leakage. We asked Leonella what to do and we were given advices like how to use the fridge (ok, we are not idiots and we know how to use the fridge). Nothing worked and as we tried to measure temperature inside, it showed 13 degrees Celsius. We were asking for help but we were receiving more and more angry replies why we complain when everything had worked perfectly in the past. As situation did not improve and we even had to throw away some food we asked Leonella to make something finally. When we came from trip in the evening we got message that she was there with a repairman and the fridge is working. Also the toilet was repaired. Unfortunately the fridge was not repaired as when we added new food the temperature went again well above 10 degrees and ice creams completely melted. To make the situation worse we sudden got message from Leonella on Thursday that because the fridge was always working and she had to call the repairman unnecessarily she will charge us 50 EUR. This came as a big surprise as we spoke to her personally two times since the fridge’ repair and she never mentioned anything about it. When we replied that we do not agree and the fridge is not still working good, she started to send more and more aggressive and rude messages to us. All culminated on Friday.

Our toilet stopped working of Thursday again so we said we would wait for Friday morning where there is a scheduled cleaning of swimming pool to discuss everything with her personally. As there was quite a wind there were a lot of dust in the pool and quality of water was not good. To our biggest surprise no one showed up in the morning. So we asked Leonella if she would come to clean the pool as scheduled and also asked her about help with broken toilet. Her reply really shocked us: It would be the best if you immediately leave the house and stop doing big troubles. Since that she stopped communicating with us and a few days later we received deposit without 50 EUR. No explanation why 50 EUR were charged, no receipt. But what was worst was her absolutely arrogant and rude behavior. So although we liked the area with beautiful towns of Gubbio, Spolleto and Perugia our holiday was spoilt by this unprecedently bad approach and problems we had so we agreed it was our worst holiday ever of more than 200 different places we visited.

Our small satisfaction is that also guests coming after us confirmed the fridge does not work. We now solve the whole issue with lawyers. When the case will be closed we will update the info.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Sep 16, 2015
This lady “certainly came to the wrong place”: this is the only thing on which we agree.
Unfortunately she wants to exaggerate over everything: funishing, road, etc, listing a series of lies that can be easily disproved by pictures and reviews. This makes you understand how little she has been objective and has allowed herself to give judgment in writing on the behavior of the person. A slight fall in style for who like this lady ”has made 200 trips and is worldly-wise”…Who now threatens to resolve the entire question with lawyers, (for 50 Euro??) which does not give me pleasure, but it is her free choice ,at least like this we can finally clarify the facts, I remain in waiting.
However to clarify some information for the benefit of those who read this review, I would like to say that I have worked for many years in this business , I love my house and have great respect for my guests. I do not believe I could have achieved all this with an attitude “bad-tempered” and “rude” as the lady refers. The reviews of all my guests of 5 stars tell a very different reality.
Even the review to which the lady refers is not negative , it spoke of the exceptional heat that the television had reported as “the hottest summer for 130 years”. But she has reported that in the house it is fine. Even this lady had placed the thermostat at 5 but when I advised to reposition it to 2, she listened to the advice and and she can see that the fridge worked. Indeed she gave the valuation of 5 stars, maximum points.
This is how the events evolved:
Saturday 4 July: early afternoon the guests arrived. As always and as I do with all my guests I greeted them with a homemade cake, gave them the keys and all useful information. I offered them my utmost in case of any problems and wished them a lovely holiday.
Saturday evening shortly after their arrival they advised me there was a problem with the fridge. I asked them if they had touched the thermostat and when they confirmed that they had , I asked them to return it from 5 to 2/3 as it was upon their arrival.
Sunday morning: The guests were very impatient and threatened to leave the house because the fridge was not working. I was out for the day with my family but we came back 80km to resolve the problem. To find a technician on a Sunday afternoon in summer is not an easy task but after an hour of trying I found one and at 4pm I was at the villa with the technician.
We opened the fridge: it was overflowing with bottles, food, tin cans, butter and ice cream…etc, even though the thermostat was set at the unadvisable level , all the food was perfectly cold and the ice cream frozen. The technician explained to me that upon their arrival the guests had overfilled the fridge with food and to cool it down quickly had raised the thermostat believing the fridge would function better. In reality they had obtained the opposite since with extra effort, the motor overheats, and this worse works. Therefore the technician simply changed the thermostat from 5 to 2 as I had advised the previous day. Since the guests were out , I sent them a message to inform them that the fridge was working.
I paid the technician and obviously I would not have attributed any cost to my guests if had the fridge been broken but this was not the case.
Monday morning: I returned to clean the pool as is usual. The guests were satisfied with the fridge but complained that the cistern in one of the four bathrooms took too long to refill.
I called a plumber who arrived in 15 minutes. In fact there was a problem: a small residue of limestone obstructed the tube that drew the water. Problem sorted I said goodbyes to the guests and I did not hear from them for two days.
Wednesday morning: I returned to the villa to clean the pool and to do the water test. At this time I have informed the guests about the refund of € 50 paid to the technician for the fridge since there had been nothing broken and the error it was theirs.
From this moment on they started to ask for their deposit back before they left and they wanted me to go back to the villa with pretexts to discuss. They even threatened me that they would put a negative review which they have elegantly subsequently done.
Thursday and Friday: two days of insistent e-mails and sms to receive the deposit back one day before they left!!!
All agencies retain the deposit for 24 hours after the departure to permit the owner to perform a detailed control of the property. To return it before does not have sense.
But this they knew upon signing the contract. Also the amount of security deposit is specified in the contract and do not been asked more.
Exasperated by this behavior I wrote the following e-mail with the following suggestions since the guests wanted to leave in the early hours of Saturday morning:
“if you want your deposit returned before you leave, it would be possible in this way: leave the property either this morning or Saturday morning and in the afternoon, following a detailed control of the property, I will return to you the deposit. Please let me know your decision . I hope you have a safe journey home”.
This is my contribution to understand the facts and to respond to my supposed “rudeness” . Unfortunately I cannot publish their “polite” e-mails which I will save in case they want to go forward legally.
The reviews are an important means for anyone who travels , unfortunately, as it is for everything, there is always someone who use it inappropriately. I leave it for the reader to judge.
Thank you for attention.
Martine S
Tremelo
“Awesome vacation rental”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We rented this house for 2 families, each with 2 children.
The bedroom on the top floor was quite hot to sleep when the temperatures were around 40 degrees outside. Once the temperatures became around 30 degrees, this bedroom was fine.
The bedroom on the main floor was pretty cool due to the small windows and the two bedrooms downstairs were very cool - no problems sleeping with the high temperatures.

The bathrooms were all very clean. In the middle of our two week stay the owner cleaned them again and provided us with new clean towels.

The kitchen was very nice, except the refrigerator wasn't really pulling it's weight the first few days when it was very hot, it was almost impossible to cool our drinks. Once the temperatures dropped a little it was working fine.

The swimming pool was clean and beautiful. The lounge chairs could use an upgrade because they were not very comfortable. Maybe add a pillow?

Liked best: Pool area
Liked least: Refrigirator
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
Sep 7, 2015
Thanks for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests. I hope that you can back again.
About the fridge I would like to point that if it is filled of too much food and drinks all together it takes a little more to cool, but this is normal especially if out there are very high temperature.
I always recommend not to change the set program but not always the guests listen to me….
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
DeGeniete...
“A really great place to spend a holiday !”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Great place, nice location, house and pool is excellent condition thanks to Leonella's care. Ideally located to visit Gubbio, Assisi, Perugia etc ...

Traveling group: Extended Family
yoer
“To feel part of nature”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Spring of 2014 will mark our 6th visit to Villa Costa Piccola. This speaks for itself. We keep coming back because we love the house and the surroundings. The house enjoys a perfect privacy and calmness within Mount Acuto National Park. It is spacious, comfortable, fully equipped and the garden and the view are breathtaking. The owners are very nice and warm people, always willing to do the best they can. This is Italy at its best.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and calmness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Tricia H
London, England, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing - most relaxing location you'll find”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

We rented this villa for a week in Umbria with friends to celebrate our 30th birthdays. The pictures can't even begin to describe the beauty of this location. You are truly in the middle of nowhere - or rather a wonderful nature reserve. Because of this, the only sounds that can be heard is the nature around you.

The villa itself is warm and inviting. Very modernly decorated, but still comfortable and charming. We stayed in the room with the only bathtub - the bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed the large bathroom.

Common areas have more than enough space for many guests and are very comfortable. We enjoyed the outdoor table and had dinner indoors because of a late summer chill. The owners very thoughtfully put screens on most doors and windows and this helps a lot with insects.

Advice:
-Car definitely needed, and it might be a good idea to get something with a large enough engine and good traction to make it up gravel roads that are on hills. We struggled in our small car, unaware of the many hills we'd need to climb to get to the villa (it's in the nature reserve so there's only 'rustic' access.

-Tip for local wine tasting and meal: we found this place, Giasoli di Sant'Andrea, and booked a tasting tour and lunch for £30 per person. Only 15 minute drive from villa, and worth the trip. Our guide was British, and the owner speaks lovely English. The lunch at the trattoria is HIGHLY recommended (they have a special local beef/steak): http://www.igirasolidisantandrea.com/

-Hairdryer: villa lists one, never found it.

-there are beach towels

-the pool may be chillier that you're expecting; attribute this to being at an altitude. Still it was quite refreshing!

-wildlife: there are some 'charms' around like spiders, wasps, and scorpions. Don't worry, the latter are only little. However we didn't know to expect them so it was a little bit of a shock! Harmless.

-the villa will probably not have many basic things on hand. Be prepared to purchase things like bin bags, toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, olive oil, hand soap, washing powder (if you plan to use the washing machine).

-If you do plan to use the washing machine, ask for instructions. It is very old and quite complicated to figure out. However we figured it out with the help of the owner: Start at #10 (wait 45 minutes), then go to #2 (wait 10 minutes). Press key button to open door!

-fresh herbs around the grounds like rosemary, sage and treats like fresh figs. Look around!

-Umbertide is a 10-15 minute drive away. The Co-op store is most likely not open on Sundays. We experience the Euro Spin (think Aldi)...actually not too bad because Italians love good quality food!

-There are many traditional coffee percolators on hand to make espresso (there's also an electric machine - but we didn't use this). So get some lovely Italian coffee grounds!

-Wood fired pizza over: a revelation! There's a wood stack up behind the pool, and we loved making pizzas on multiple occasions. Watch some videos on YouTube before attempting this, there are tricks! Only let down was the lack of pizza slice to remove the pizzas from the oven - we improvised with tongs.

-Rubbish and recycling needs to be taken to the main road for disposal - remember this!

Highly recommend a stay here! You'll certainly relax! We loved the large kitchen and having the opportunity to cook many amazing meals in it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Tranquility of the locations and the open, clean house.
Liked least: Lack of basic goods in house
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing