Castello Valenzino(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Breakfast included
Villa Valentina Spa(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$125
La Casa del Falegname(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
Agriturismo Monte Acuto(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Agriturismo Alle Vigne di Pace(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Restaurant
Agriturismo Nestore(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$83
Agriturismo Collina dei Fagiani(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$68
Agriturismo Abbazia di Montecorona(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$94
Camere Sotto le Stelle(Umbertide)(Great Value!)
$63
$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocal attractionshostterraceassisigroundviewshill
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I spent about a week at Il Convento Mincione and it was a week I will always remember. My apartment was so charming and beautifully decorated. The views of the mountains were incredible and I felt totally at peace whether it was relaxing by the pool or having a coffee on the piazza. I also loved that each apartment feels like home with a kitchen and that I could go to the local market to buy ingredients to prepare a meal. The hosts, Joan and Roney were so warm and helpful. They gave me many great suggestions of activities to do and sites to see based on my interests. After that week, I felt refreshed and alive and I can't wait to go back again soon!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I stayed here twice and both times were perfect. the views, the rooms, the pool overlooking the hills and the owners are all amazing. everything about this place is beautiful and charming. when you stay here you are completely surrounded by the natural beauty of italy's countryside, but you are not too far to get a car and go visit perugia - a very cool city, and especially during jazz fest!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I visited Il Mincione with my then-fiance (now husband), and it was a dream vacation. The views are stunning, and the villa itself is nothing short of majestic. Mincione seems almost effortlessly elegant, providing first-class accommodations and superb hospitality without the pretentious atmosphere that comes with most five-star resorts. The Mr. and I have visited 73 countries and our stay at Mincione is our most memorable trip. We stayed in romantic Settee and are planning a return for our 5-year reunion!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We have just returned from spending a week at the convent with our extended family and closest friends. It was the best week of our lives. We rented the entire convent, but apartments can also be individually rented. We spent a fantastic week seeing the local sites (Cortona, Anghiari, Gubbio, Umbertide, Assissi), relaxing by the pool, dining on the piazza, and generally getting to know each other a whole lot better. We also had a great evening wine tasting at a nearby vineyard, and visited the local Cantina which was authentic with great pizza.
Renting the entire convent meant we had so much privacy and freedom, it was great. The main benefit of the convent is that you are not under each others feet all the time, as each apartment has full cooking facilites and ample room.
The main purpose of our trip (which was easy to forget with the week-long party which led up to the 'big event'!) was our wedding in a nearby hamlet of Montone. It was an amazing, perfect day, with our guests having an fabulous time. The boys went to the Antongolla Golf course in the morning, and I had my hair done by the gifted Gaetano form Umbertide. Joan, who runs the convent, put us in touch with Sarah, who dealt with the documents for the legal side of things, and made sure that the wedding itself went super smoothly.
We then went back to the convent for the reception, eating al fresco with the beautiful scenery surrounding us. The caterer, Judith, lives in Montone and she and her husband Jeff performed wonders for the wedding meal. We arrived back to the convent to the noise of popping corks as the prosecco began to flow. The food was simply delicious, and was the nicest meal we had whilst in Italy. if you decide to get married here, I would highly recommend getting in touch with [--]. They also did a cookery class for us at the convent, which was a LOT of fun, but the best part was eating all the food after wards! Judith has the patience of a saint!
I can not say enough good things about the convent, or its owners Joan and Roney. From the moment we contacted them 15 months ago, they have done everything they could to make our time there perfect, from the decoration of the rooms, to the information on local sites in all the apartments, to arranging welcome baskets for our guests. Joan was also extremely helpful with the wedding arrangements, and genuinely enjoys being of assisstance. We thank them so much, from all of the Fairbairn / Barnes family and co.

If you are looking for an intimate wedding with a difference, then this is the place. Look no further!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We booked the whole of Il Convento Mincione for our wedding celebration. It was amazing, more amazing than we could ever have imagined. Joan is the perfect host and gladly helps whenever she can. The apartments are perfectly kitted out with everything you will need for your stay. There simply couldn't have been a better location for our guests to relax, unwind and enjoy each others company. We will definately visit again and may re book the whole complex for another celebration!, maybe 1st anniversary?!! Any excuse!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family