We have just returned from a week's holiday at Belle Dune and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We booked a Select House for 5/6 people and our party was 3 adults and 2 children (aged 5 and 16 months). I was expecting the accommodation to be very small after reading previous reviews however we found there was ample room - there was space for our travel cot in either the double or twin room and plenty of wardrobe space. Our house was clean and tidy and very well equipped, particularly the kitchen area. It was also very comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly and their English was much better than our French! We borrowed a high chair from reception for the week which was free of charge.
Belle Dune was lovely and quiet - our house was in the Hameau Quartier, beside the golf course. There is privacy between the patio's and the garden area is communal and very safe for small children as it is all enclosed. My 5 yr old son played out each evening with the neighbouring children even though they were all French. There was a lovely atmosphere and all the adults sat outside chatting one evening and everyone brought wine while the children played. The site has a small farm and a great adventure playground but the highlight is definitely the Aquaclub - the indoor pool is fabulous for all ages and my son enjoyed the 'secret door' that led to the outside pools. The opening hours were 10am until 7pm every day- although the pool is open to the public, we didn't find it to be too busy, even on the weekends.
We were lucky with the weather - it was dry most days and pleasantly warm which was better than expected. There are plenty of pretty towns in the surrounding areas - we visited Amiens, St Valery and Le Crotoy as well as Fort Mahon and Quend. The beach at Fort Mahon is spectacular and we enjoyed a trip on the little train through the back streets (the train from the resort wasn't running until later in July).
The shop on the resort is useful and the baguettes are lovely and fresh each morning but the supermarket is a just a couple of minutes drive away. The laundry room is also very useful and it was very satisfying to be able to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes! I honestly couldn't complain about any aspect of our holiday here and we will definitely return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming eco village on the Opal Coast only an hour from Calais Indoor and outdoor aqua centre, children's club, petting farm and many more activities Home to the famous 18 hole Belle Dune golf course, one of France's best golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Village Club Belle Dune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Resort Belle Dune Hotel Fort-Mahon-Plage
- Pierre And Vacances Resort Belle Dune
- Belle Dune Resort