“A Big Disappointment !!”
Review of Golf de Belle Dune

Golf de Belle Dune
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Played Belle Dune on Tuesday 16th April. Have played the course many times in the past but sadly have to report the greens (and tees) were in a terrible state. Its quite clear that a fungus has not been controlled resulting in pitted greens making putting a lottery. So disappointing, and unless greens can recover and made comparable to say La Foret then I wouldn't return and would look to play elsewhere. We should have been warned before teeing off as a UK club would not get away with this. (perhaps if we had used the practise putting green first we might have been forewarned !)

3  Thank Surreyg0lfer

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a must play course, wonderful course with different types of holes from a parkland feel to even links on some holes. It was in great condition and a warm welcome from all. I would recommend using a buggy as very long way from a lot of green to tees

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We played Belle Dune after playing La Foret and Le Mer in Le Touquet. And what a difference!
For me the course was too difficult and the rain didn't help. I wouldn't like to play it in the wind.

It is an excellent course, tight fairways with trees or undergrowth lining them, good large greens with difficult pin positions. The fairways are well separated and you won't see many other golfers even if the course is busy.
You definitely need your A+ game here.
I was very glad I hired an electric trolley. The course is undulating and on some holes it was a hike to the next tee.
Would I go back? Possibly but I thought Le Mer was a fairer test for me and more enjoyable. But don't let this put you off - it's definitely worth a visit if only to discover how poor your golf is!!

1  Thank Spotted-Jaguar
Reviewed July 27, 2012

What a fantastic course, greens/layout and condition. Downside, no buggies, which is not a great problem, but does mean (as some of the disctances between green to tee are over 700 yards) the round was very long.

1  Thank C_Stubing
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Played mid week so very quiet, in fact didn't see anyone else until returning to the club house. Very challenging course not helped by gusting winds and squally showers. Great clubhouse with views over the lake and 18th. Would definitely play again.