“Will definitely return =)”

Philea Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ayer Keroh
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I had been stayed at the Pavillion Villa for 3 days 2 nites (taking the RM780++ promotion) as a weekend breakaway from the busy city life in KL.

Despite all the negative comments other reviewers gave, I actually had a wonderful stay at the resort. From the moment I stepped into the lobby, the front desk staffs were like expecting our arrival which made us feel such warm welcoming.

Then we had a little ride on the buggy to our lovely room which made out of pinewood logs without any nails. I'm a nature lover & I just love the idea of the amazing log house. Our room has got pretty good speed of free wireless internet, although the bed was a bit hard for me but the pillows were soft & comfortable, with complimentary minibar & sandals, rain shower, reasonable size bathroom with bathtub etc. I had a good sleep on both nites, didn't actually heard any noise from the highway.

As the resort was quite busy during our stay, there wasn't any parking space left inside the compound. No choice I have to park outside. But I think it's pretty safe to park out there as there're CCTV around with security guard patrolling. I do admit it's kind of dark at nite. And what happened was on our 2nd nite, the reception actually called to our room telling me that they realized my car's window wasn't fully close & asked me if I'd need any assistance to close it. I think it's a nice touch there that they really take care of my car security.

Breakfast had got quite a good spread, u have bread & pastry counter, salad & cold cut, fruit & cheese counter, local & international hot dishes, & live cooking counter. What more can u ask for? Again, it was pretty busy the time we went for breakfast around 8.30am (I believed they have got a big group from HK were having breakfast at that same time). We couldn't get a table at 1st, but the staffs were helpful enough & managed to get us a table after about 10mins of waiting. He did apologize for if there's any delay of services. We were fine as at least the staffs were all very hospitable & they managed to get us what we requested. It's a good b'fast to start of our day to explore the historical city of malacca =)

Overall, I would give 8.5 out of 10 for our stay. Will definitely return...with friends & families =)

1  Thank Venize
PhileaMelaka, Manager at Philea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2010

Dear Venize,

First of all, we are honoured that you have selected Philea Resort & Spa, Ayer Keroh as your recent trip.

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, we are happy to hear about your experience with you.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for your commendation. We look forward to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for Philea Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I stayed there on August 7 to August 9, taking up the resort promotion 2 nights for 1 night price.

I agreed with the previous reviewer , there were lot of dead bugs in the room floor and even on the bed and the bed sheet having a foul smell. Also, I was told to park my car along the roadside, despite that there were still many empty lot infront of the lobby. Understanding from the resort staff ( in Malay) those lots were reserved for their Tan Seri. I had the same concern as the previous reviewer, I am driving a foreign car and there were no much lighting at the roadside parking lot.

Next which quite upset me is the breakfast, there is no much food left for us when we arrived to the dinning hall at 0900am, I asked a waiter whether more food to be served, to my surprise, he answered me rudely that I paid for the resort at half price, the food also reduced by half.

I complained of the long waiting time for the buggy to the reception, the staffs rudely answer me , asked me to walk if I can't wait for the buggy.

The sound insulation of the room is quite bad, as I can heard other guest walking staying above my room. Also, noise from the highway could be heard from my room.

I had stayed in many other hotel at Malacca, this is the worst I had. I shall never return to Philea again!

2  Thank Soothingholiday

Dear Soothingholiday,

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, we would like to extend our humble apologies in some areas that your room was not serviced during your stay to the correct standard and we have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager, inconvenience caused by the limited car park, and delay incurred by buggy cars service, your night was interrupted by noise.

We do work hard on noise control in and around the resort, but sometimes our requests to reduce noise levels are not always met with an immediate response, and the insects appeared in your room, we do train our team members to look for any kind of insects and report. We also do have preventative measures in place to prevent any kind of insects in the resort.

Our service is our benchmark and it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to monitor our service levels and resort facilities to ensure we are maintaining our high expectations and meeting our guest expectations

We appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for your commendation. It is our hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Very far from the town, i.e. Jonker Street. Resort just beside highway vet noisy. No much facilities, spa only open next year.

Dead bugs on room floor and bed, housefiles everywhere esp, at the restaurant.

Blood stain on the staircase leading to pool side restaurant, stayed at resort for few days, never wash off.

Limited parking space, as parking lot infront of hotel lobby reserved for their VIP. No safe to park at road side, desipte there is security guard patrolling.

1  Thank Livetoenjoy

Dear Livetoenjoy ,

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, we would like to extend our humble apologies in some areas that your room was not serviced during your stay to the correct standard and we have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager, inconvenience caused by the limited car park, and delay incurred by buggy cars service, and your night was interrupted by noise.

We do work hard on noise control in and around the resort, but sometimes our requests to reduce noise levels are not always met with an immediate response.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights, when we arrived, our car was not allowed to park inside, we were told to park outside ( at the side of the main road) We felt uncomfortable as we need to alight & carry our luggages, so we circled 2 rounds, then the guard allowed us to park inside, at a small corner ( as long as is inside, we felt safe) but when we are back to the hotel after dinner , we cannot park back to 'our carpark' although it was still vacant, this time is another young guard, I was so polite and ask PLEASE, please please .. ... let me park back to that corner, but he said NO inside is for VIP and Tan Sri Tan Sri , he said Tan Sri is coming ( and it wasn 9.30pm?? ) felt the guard is too rude to say like that, our is a foreign car, is anything happen, it is very troublesome to go thru the insurance claim, police report etc etc etc ( you know how the hassle one have to go thru ) I was worry , the whole night I cant sleep !!

1  Thank MahinaXXL

Dear MahinaXXL,

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, we would like to extend our humble apologies in some areas that inconvenience caused by the limited car park, and delay incurred by buggy cars service.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Extremely disappointing stay, from beginning till end.

1. Reception: I arrived to check in and passed my documents to the staff. Two ladies then came and asked if their rooms were ready as they had been waiting for the past 1 hour. The staff simply ignored my presence and diverted all attention to them. I waited for 15 min before my check-in was processed. Staff was unprofessional in their reply and tone.

2. Buggy ride to nicely decorated resort: 1st ride to room was excellent. The driver introduced the place well and was professional and friendly. Supposed to be 24hr buggy service, available at a call. Had 2 occasions where no buggy came after 10 min.

3. Room: Nicely decorated but bath tube and shower drainage were not working well. Somehow, the heater was not working well at midnight. Couldn't have a hot soak. Bedsheets and quilt cover were coarse. Somehow, they appear to stinge on the most essential. Had little spider in the room, but i think that is fine. Understood from a couple that they had lizard droppings on the bed and tried asking for a room change, but their request was not processed for a whole day!

4. Tranquility was a joke. Had very loud broadcast Malay music the whole day, till 2am and still going. I called the room service for an explanation and the lady had to call me back to give me an answer. Was told that the music was from a go-kart race course beside the resort and beyond their control.

5. Breakfast: Arrived at 9.15am and most of the food were finished and not replenished. At 9.45am, while queuing for omelette, a staff came and asked how many pieces do I want. So he took order from those in the queue mentally, and amazingly he asked if we would like to proceed to another area for breakfast where there are more food and less queue. WAS THE POINT OF TAKING ORDER?! Anyway, I proceeded to the recommended area for my breakfast. Limited spread, cold food and full of houseflies, ON THE FOOD! My table was set up, without fork. Staff were unprofessional and chit chatting among themselves. I had to order my omelette twice (5 min apart), before the "chef" prepared my order.

PLUS POINT: Complimentary drinks in room and nice bedroom slippers. HOWEVER, the bedroom slippers came in 3 sizes (S,ML) and I tried asking for another pair of medium slippers from the counter staff. The lady simply: "eeerrr.. we don't have already". An insult to my intelligence. She didn't even check, and how can it be that they don't have any in stock. The premise was probably half occupied. IF she is not allowed to provide me with an additional pair, she could have been more forthcoming.

Conclusion: I paid about 680 ringgit for this lousy place and lousy service. My previous night at Holiday Inn was so much better, at 40% of the price. Nice game plan, lousy execution.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jttk

Dear Jttk,

Reviewed August 7, 2010

When I checked in the hotel, despite with my young one and foregin registered car, I was told by the security guard the parking space infront of the Hotel lobby is only reserved for Malaaysia TAN SERI, I am no allow to park there, I was told by the security to a road side parking lot about 500 metres away. Singaporean do take note, if you are no a TAN SERI do not park your car near the lobby.

The room are quite dirty, with dead bugs on the floor and sofa seat. Also, black stains are seen on the mattress and the toilet bowl ( Wonder how ofen they clean the room and mattress). I was very worried of the hygiene, especially with young children, I went to the town to buy a sleeping bag to roll over the mattress.

The following morning when I went for breakfast, in house, I asked the Captain for a table for my family, I was rudely told by the Captain, Sylvester to look around myself. The tables were left unclear after the previous hotel guest, it is very disgusted to see houseflies flying around, esp a SIX STAR HOTEL.

I need the wifi connection, extensively for my work, I can't get a connect in the room, though is adverstised free wifi for very rooms. NOT TRUE!!!

Worst, the following day, a family check in above my room (with kids), the resort room are so badly sound insulated, I could hear them walking/ running and their conversation!

The hotel buggy always driving the vehicle very fast, I driving it like F1. They got no concern of the guest walking on the path. Within 3 days, I saw 2 near missed the buggy driver almost knock down small chicdren.

Desipte the opening of the resort open in June, the spa is still no ready yet. Understanding from the staff it will only open next year ( he think so!).

1  Thank Chye_Wah

Dear Chye_Wah,

As we are dedicated to providing you with the genuine personal service and gracious amenities in your travel experience, we would like to extend our humble apologies in some areas that your room was not serviced during your stay to the correct standard and we have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager, inconvenience caused by the limited car park, and delay incurred by buggy cars service, and the insects appeared in your room, we do train our team members to look for any kind of insects and report. We also do have preventative measures in place to prevent any kind of insects in the resort.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

The room is quite impressive and elegantly designed, it gives a feel that you are in some sort of wetsern countryside setting with kerosine lamp hanging next to the window, yet with the convience of all the modern facilities of flat TV,air con and nice bathroom. but because of the four unit in one villa and the wood setting, you can hear the kids upstair runnning around. The varieties of food is limited and the quality really need to be improved. the wifi is extremely slow .Another weird design is the swimming pool, the towel counter is opposite the swimming pool, after you get the towel either you need to go a big round, pass through a restaurant to reach the swimming pool or you need to cross the man make stream in between and climb into the swimming pool. Think is not a very friendly design. overall if you would like to stay somewhere which you can enjoy the tranquil surronding yet not too far from the city, this is a good choice

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

#12 of 167 in Melaka
Ramada Plaza Melaka
Ramada Plaza Melaka
#7 of 167 in Melaka

Been to Philea Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!