“Friendly and Beautiful Nature”

Philea Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ayer Keroh
Selangor
“Friendly and Beautiful Nature”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My Deaf friend and I came to the Phileo Resort & Spa on last Dec 2012. It is not difficult for me drive to reach this place from KL. I surprised when friendly staff welcomed me to park in the disability parking car, when they get to know me and my friend, who are disability person; Deaf!
We enjoyed to visit around the beautiful resort when we are walking in the morning so early, very fresh natural and cool. First time, we slept in the chalet which made from the woods (better at upper floor because can see the beautiful view from top)! But, the footsteps of walking on the floor-wood can be heard or felt the vibration!

But, there is a problem about the tub bathroom, which I noticed some ants around, so I don't want to use the tub. It's okay to use shower, it looks very clean.

The buggy services was excellent, got available until late night; 12 midnight or around 1pm. We late to reach hotel after we enjoyed the Malacca Town. Luckily, they take care of us and send us to a chalet room via their buggy car. :)

WiFi connection are weak, so surfing internet be slower, but sometimes faster. Depends on how many people use this WiFi. If you worry about the raining are coming when you go out from a room, lucky the umbrellas in the cupboards so we can use it, then we walk to the lobby.

I recommend this resort when you prefer to stay in the resort and go to the nearby attractions ( Melaka Zoo, Mini Malaysia, and shopping malls ) as it is quite near the Ayer Keroh toll plaza. But, it is far from Malacca Town. :)

Room Tip: Choose your chalet which is near the swimming pool and spa center. Must stay at upper floor, if ther...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SelinaOoi
PhileaMelaka, Manager at Philea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Selina Ooi,

We thank you for your valuable comments on our resort.

Our team would like to thank you for your commendation and we look forward to be of service to you and your friend in the near future.

Here's wishing you a great day ahead!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in Philea for 2 nights. Note to everyone, if you want to make a booking, it is best to do it via online booking. I actually made 2 bookings, the first one through Agoda which was very fast and hassle free. The other one was through phone directly to the hotel since I was out without an internet connection. It took me 4 phone calls and several promise to call back. Basically half a day to get it done. They always have this comment of the guy handling the reservation is out and will call back once he is in. I think, for a 5-Star Resort, somebody must always be ready to attend to people making bookings at all time. Furthermore, the time I called is not odd hours.

The Check-in also was very slow. I have to wait around 1 hour until my room is ready. We only got our room around 3.30pm which was very late. Luckily they serve us welcome drinks at that time since it was hot at the reception.

Although the services need a lot of improvement, it is compensated with the great view and room setup. It is really nice and different. I remember one of the staff mentioned it was based on Netherland design or something. The place was so cozy and relaxing.

My wife did try the Spa and it is commendable too. Thumbs up on that. Besides all the complaint on the services, I still think that it is not all bad. Their buggy services was excellent. It was fast and the drivers are really friendly too. They are really attentive to any question we throw at them. Our room wifi could have been better. I think it's because it is situated quite far at the back. Still, the wifi connection at the lobby and poolside is ok so no complaint on that.

The breakfast at Nusantara was just average. The food was ok too eat but not great. However, I do think Philea mgmt should pay more attention in decorating the breakfast area. It doesn't carry the feeling like having breakfast in a 5-star resort. No flowers around or any decoration whatsoever. The table was also pretty bare without any flowers or decoration on it. Luckily, it was clean.

All and all, the experience staying in philea was still nice, spending time with family in the cozy environment was really refreshing. The pool was also beautiful. I believe this place have the potential to grow further. Maybe next time, I will come and checkout the place again. Hope there will be a lot of improvement on the services than.

Room Tip: Ask for the room nearby to the poolside and if you are booking 2 rooms, request for upper floors, th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Azra A
Dear Azra_ Ahmad,

We are honored to receive a valuable feedback during your stay with us.

Extra measures have been taken to rectify on the issues raised by your goodself. Our team would like to thank you for your comments and commendations.

Last but not least, we look forward in being host to you once more. Here's wishing you a good day ahead.
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Firstly, it's amazing they managed to create such a beautiful resort so near to the toll plaza that I missed the turn right after. Checking in was a hassle-free affair, and we got even got the welcome drink twice!

The buggy service was a unique experience, and makes you feel like on a rollercoaster at times. We stayed at the King Pavillion Room, upper floor. Since its made of logs, it's not soundproof and our next door neighbour was a noisy bunch. Another snag is that the bathroom was unclean when we checked in - we found dead cockroaches on the floor and hairs on the tub. House keeping dropped the ball here pretty bad.

We took full advantage of resort facilities, and enjoyed the serenity of the surroundings and the wonderful pool. Buffet dinner at Cravo Cravo was excellent - Fresh food, great ambiance and personalised service. Breakfast at Nusantara was okay; a bit limited in choices, but the waffle and pancake was divine.

The price is on the high side, but it just about lives up to its reputation.

One suggestion is about the merchandise. We wanted to buy the pillowcase, but couldn't because the person is charge was not around. If you're selling them, please check it stocked and ready for purchase during checkout. We were promised we can pay and they will deliver it by mail, but so far we haven't heard back.

Apart from some small gripes where and there, this was another memorable stay for us.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor if staying in Pavillion rooms. Quieter than ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sharifudinrizal
PhileaMelaka, Manager at Philea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sharifudinrizal,

Thank you very much for dropping us a valueable feedback. We will share it with the team and work on the matters arised.

We thank you once again for your valueable feedback and looking forward to be of service to you once again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during the Christmas Holidays. The room was great and unique. However, it was quite far from the lobby and we had to call the reception to pick us up in their club car. It was a great experience overall!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ChinYiap
Dear Chin Yap,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments and looking forward to be of service to you once again. Here's wishing you a pleasant day ahead!
Malaysia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to philea on their groupon voucher. This came with meal vouchers. We decided to go to the restaurant next to the pool as it had a steamboat/BBQ promotion. The BBQ was great but the steamboat was not so. The seafood given was not fresh and there was mold on one of their Veges.
The pool is nice with a man made waterfall Nxt to it but the floor of the pool had pebbles and was dirty.
For those unfamiliar with Melaka, philea is still about 45mins-1 hr away if I remember correctly. In short, u still need to drive. Nearby attraction is the butterfly farm and some bee shop Nxt to it. These places is really just dwn the rd from the hotel.
The rooms have very thin walls. So you'll be able to hear opening of doors etc. if you need to book two rooms, take the upper floors. As then you can leave the doors open and walk back and forth easily. Ppl say that it is cooler in philea cause of location n concept. This was not true for me. It was really hot and the aircon in my room was not that great. I had to wait a long time for it to cool the room.
I recommend the rooms nearer to the waterfall. It's not that noisy. And at least u hear waterfall
On the buggies, be prepared to wait.
One of the highlights for me is the pond with all the fishes Nxt to the breakfast venue. Don't miss it.
Apart from that, this hotel offers you a more pampered camping experience. If you want to try living in a cabin, this is an upscale version

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank LYMLIM
Dear LYMLIM,

Thank you for your review. We have taken note on all the valueable comments and our team are working on the feedbacks mentioned.

We thank you once again and looking forward to serve you and family once again. have a pleasant day ahead!
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My mistake was to ignore the negative reviews on tripadvisor.

Check in was a breeze and staff was friendly.

However, nothing else worth the price we paid especially during peak season. Apart from the two plus points above, here are the list of negatives:-

- Food - overpriced. In room dining - RM 20 is the least priced item on the menu (soup)! maincourse, starts minimum RM 40++ (that would be fried noodle /rice type of maincourse). We preferred to drive out and eat with tthat sort of price.

- facilities - I don't think I would go all the way to Penang for the gym. Apart from gym...absolutely zero. The kid's room is pathetically equipped.
- DO not stay in Paviliiion suite unless you stay on top floor because you can literally hear the lightest foodstep staying at the ground level. We couldn't sleep with loud sound of buggies and tourists checking in late at night and their conversations outside could be heard clearly!!!
- Absolutely NOT a place for peaceful getaway.
- If you are someone allergic to dust; this is not the place for you. My son and i had nasal congestion started the moment we checked in. I wasn't sure if it is the chemical fume from the pine wood or the dust. But it irritated my eyes and nose. We woke up with bad nasal congestion.
- It's terribly hard to maintain dust-less in this type of log-based cabin. not just that, I had photos of cobweb everywhere.
- The sink in the bath room. SO NOT condusive for children/toddlers!! The back of the sink was neglected and it was dirty and mouldy!

- We paid 600+ for one night and we checked out at 10am after breakfast. Not a place you wish you can stay longer.

I would not recommend this place to my friend at all.

Room Tip: Just don't go for lower floor in Pavillion suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Yaphster
PhileaMelaka, Manager at Philea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Yaphster,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and regret to hear about you and your son's condition. Hope that the both of you are in the pink of health now. We shared your comments with the team members and will look into these matters mentioned.

On a separate note, we would like to highlight that our Philea Suite is a single unit and it does not have an upper deck. Thank you once again for your kind feedback. Have a good day ahead.

Travelers are raving about these Ayer Keroh hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although I would have to say that there are improvements to this resort - thinking back I did really enjoyed my stay. Firstly, the chalet's design transported me to a different world - if not for the heat, I can easily imagine that I am in Switzerland in one of those log cabins and snow is falling outside! The chalets with the kingsize bed is of good size, loved the bathroom and the contrasts of lighting and color made it romantic. I went during a Friday and almost had the pool to ourselves. Also had steamboat dinner, at RM35++ per person, not cheap but the ingredients were fresh and it came with 4 small desserts to complete the meal. The grounds are well kept and generally the staff were friendly. I bought a one night stay over Groupon but the price I paid could easily be the same with other online travel websites but I did get an extra RM50 which I redeemed over my dinner. The breakfast in the morning was only average though. Lastly a one night stay was more than sufficient for me to experience an eco friendly accommodation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kleeym
Dear kleeym,

Thank you very much for staying with us and we appreciate your comments very much. We look forward to your return and here's wishing you a good day ahead!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayer Keroh
#12 of 166 in Melaka
Ramada Plaza Melaka
Ramada Plaza Melaka
#7 of 166 in Melaka

Been to Philea Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!