“Great Hotel- unexpected!”

Hotel Seri Malaysia Melaka
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ayer Keroh
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Me and family had no choice for last minutes plan.... we end up at Hotel Seri Malaysia. Eventually I was giving a 'face' to my husband because of book Seri Malaysia (we had bad experience in Penang before). Our new GPS-Alpine brand could not locate 'Hotel Seri Malaysia Ayer Keroh' but need to get to Hotel Seri Malaysia Bukit Katil instead (whatever $%#% with our new Alpine GPS).

OK we reach at the hotel... the Concierge help to unload our luagage and wait husband to park our car with welcome drink provided. We pass by swimming pool before reach our room. Wow!! unexpected! kids love it! not bad (of course do not compare with 5star hotel ok). While waiting for kiddos swimming... bought 'Keropok Lekor' and 'Samosa' at 'Goreng goreng corner' if i am not mistaken. Nice one! Kids love it .... Ok back to our room, clean and nice ambient, since travel with kids we requested extra bed, ok for us since we are not so fussy coz our stay just for a night before heading to Johor- Legoland.

Morning breakfast, rating just ok.. need to improve further especially Nasi Lemak ;) others are ok- acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pInK1402
There are newer reviews for Hotel Seri Malaysia Melaka

Reviewed December 24, 2012

why we stayed here, because our fav hotel in Melaka were full house..so my wife and I gave it a try..our expectations were average as we knew that Hotel Seri Malaysia ( most of my friends said that the service were average as the room rates were high like a 4 star hotel) was a 3 star hotel.
1. Price was quite high prob due to peak season
2. Service - The 1st receptionist obviously lied to us, she told us they did not have a standard room with a queen/king size bed but only 2 single bed room and a family room of ( 1 queen bed and a single ) with a higher price. Obviously she wanted to finish the family room..WHY was that??because again we came back after other hotels were fully book, then I spoke with another receptionist at the lobby and the answer I got was " yes, we have a standard room with a queen bed." i didnt have the mood to complain, as we eagerly wanted to freshen up and headed for ikan bakar in the evening..the place also was not even 50% vacancy and yet the first girl had acted so unprofessional and told us not many rooms left available..
3.Pool was below average - not fully cleaned. and the big pool was like only 3.5 feet deep..again about the service the pool towels were to be collected and returned back at the reception area and why on earth is that??they should have a place just near the pool..
4.Room-clean and cozy to stay in.

To the management team, please buckle up..its all about hotel and management(hotel business industry) your not running a "home stay inn" - people are paying $$$ for the service and pleasant stay..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sot_bliss
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed with family, took two rooms, one of the rooms, the bedspreads were crumpled, clearly seen with 4 pieces of human hairs and some stain here and there..I believed it was not even changed to new ones after the last guests left..I then called the Front Office, they responded by sending a Bangladeshi housekeeper and then, changed the complete sheet set of two beds.
The toilet cleanliness is dirty with old stain at the sliding doors. A very long hair stucked in the bath towel too.
The rate is quite high for a 3 star hotel.
This will be the first and the last visit for me.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ruscal_Mennison
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights due to a meeting at MITC, Ayer Keroh. At first, I thought the hotel is just like the other Seri Malaysia's hotels in other states but I was wrong! This hotel has a swimmmimg pool and a very nice buffet breakfast (nasi lemak, noodles, porridge, all sorts of pastries,'cekodok' etc).

Once you enter the room, there is a small gift of traditional kueh and small chocolates on the desk. The room was very cozy and comfortable. Unfortunately, no porter to carry your luggage to the room, neither nor, internet access in the room (the lobby has). But, I was lucky as I can access the internet in my room as my room is at the GF, near to the lobby. One more thing, you need to go up to Level 1 to do ironing. In the ironing area, there is a self-service laundry and dryer. They are coin-machines operated.

This hotel too is only 1km away from Ayer Keroh Highway exit. It is very near and located within the same road with all major tourist attractions such as Taman Mini Malaysia, Botanical Garden, Malacca Zoo, Night Safari, Crocodile Farm etc. A very nice located hotel if you tend to go to such places.

Lastly, I definitely will stay here again in future.

Room Tip: Room at the GF, near to lobby ..to get the Internet access.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nanasofea
Reviewed November 2, 2012

we stayed at the hotel for 3 days and 2 nights. the overall experience I must say was average. we booked one family and 1 standard room. RM198 for fam room and RM178 for standard after government rate. the receptionist gave us adjoining room so that was quite convenient. the rooms itself were quite OK. the airconds were functioning well and there was big LCD TV in each room with a few channels. One of it Disney's. the furniture was a bit dated and there was mold in the bathroom. I seriously think the hotel's building contractor did very sloppy job for the rooms. there were imperfections everywhere.
there was an outdoor pool for hotel guests but in the room there's a note saying that if you want to use the pool you have to wear proper swimming attire or rent from the hotel. that's a first for me. even 5 stars hotels don't 'instruct' their guests like that. plus the pool wasnt worth the trouble.
the staff however is below average. on one occasion I told one of the female receptionist that there was a problem with one of the channels on TV and she said that it was always like that and there was nothing they can do. when i came up to my room the prob was solved. thing is I knew it was just a minor prob and can b solved but she just wouldnt check first but instead brush me off. during check out one of the receptionist overcharged and when i pointed it out she impatiently tried to say it was correct. when i insisted and another one receptionist came and looked then only they admitted it.
breakfast was OK and there was a variety to choose from although it was not that delicious. location was good with a few touristy places nearby like malacca zoo and crocodile farm.
overall an OK hotel but the staff needs proper training and respect paying guests.
p/s: you also get some discounts for some touristy places if you stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: find rooms that are nearer to the lobby. wifi signal better and the walk to rooms further were rathe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AiNGEL83
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This hotel is a hidden gem. Why? A little bit of background first. The Seri Malaysia hotel chain was started about 18 years ago to provide medium cost, affordable accomodation to local Malaysian tourists and travelling government officers. It is the biggest hotel chain in the country. Facilities were basic then but it was ideal for large families travelling with children and the atmosphere is less formal. My last stay with them was more than 10 years ago, until last weekend when other hotels were not available in Melaka.
I was very very pleasantly surprised and impressed with how much they have progressed over the years. With rates as low as less than half of what a 4-star or even some 3-star hotels is charging, you definitely get a 5-star treatment and facilities. The staffs were friendly and helpful with the luggage. There were ample open-air parking, the room was very clean, recently refurbished and has new furnitures and carpet. The swimming pool sits nicely in the courtyard. Free WiFi is available within the hotel grounds and in the rooms. The hotel also provide 2 free breakfasts per room and the buffet breakfast spread has a big selection to choose from, local or western. The lobby area is spacious and airy. There are quite a number of attractions nearby such as the Melaka Zoo, Crocodile farm, rides etc. The Melaka historical sites are about half an hour away.
The hotel is low rise with only three floors, thus lifts are not provided. If you want 5-star facilities at a budget cost, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: A ground floor room is best if you have problem taking the stairs because there are no elevators/lif...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Khairi W
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The HSM Melaka is strategically located just off the Ayer Keroh exit, very easy to find.
Just a few minutes away from the hotel is the Night Safari as well as the Melaka River Cruise. I would highly recommend families to stay at this hotel. Its safe and convenient location will truly make your stay in Melaka an unforgettable one. Will definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
#116 of 167 in Melaka
Hotel Sentral Melaka
Hotel Sentral Melaka
#88 of 167 in Melaka

Been to Hotel Seri Malaysia Melaka? Share your experiences!