“Best birthday present ever”
Review of Yorebridge House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Yorebridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bainbridge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best birthday present ever”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Was a great friendly atmosphere stay helped being with my beautiful girlfriend love ov my life Staff really helpful hot tub fantastic food remarkable overall brilliant surrounding countryside views beautiful and walks great Overall loved r stay and will hopefully be revisiting as soon as possible

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rubyst11
Yorebridge, General Manager at Yorebridge House, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m so please that you found the staff helpful and I will be sure to pass your comments on.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Yorebridge House soon.

Best Wishes

Damien Fort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

At £200/night B&B we had high expectations. The room and hot tub were amazing...but for Health & Safety reasons the hotel would not supply matches to light the many candles around the hot tub, even though the electric "safety" lights were not working and the area was in total darkness. The staff did come and light them for us. Other than the chambermaid, every other member of staff spoke back at us and disagreed with everything we said. The General Manager/ Maitre D' who was French called my wife "Darling", other staff referred to her as "Guys" even though I was called "Sir". The waiter at Dinner only poured 1" of champagne into our glasses, leaving us to do the rest - he was unable to pronounce the name of the champagne. The food is presented as you would expect for "high cuisine" but the flavour is lacking. My starter of Venison, tasted more of the radishes with which it was dressed and main course of duck breast tasted more of the sweet-potato with which it was dressed. Likewise, the duck breast skin was not crispy. For both my wife and I the red-wine reductions served with our main courses were caramalized and slightly burnt. When we complained, we were told by the teenage waitress that this is how you should make a reduction. Our dessert was Yorkshire rhubarb creme brulee. The rhubarb varied between totally tasteless and tart/acidic...all of it was inedible. The rhubarb quinelle had a sharp bitter after-taste and was equally inedible. We sent these dishes back to the kitchen and asked to see the manager. The Frenchman from earlier arrived to say that it was a pity our tastes did not compare to that of the restaurant but there was nothing wrong with the food. (We eat out with fine dining 2-3 times per week, normally drinking champagne followed by good brandy...this restaurant missed out on a lot of profit when we left). When checking out, I noticed that we had not been charged the expected extra £90 for the meal (charged £77) I was told that I had not been charged for the Amuse Bouche or Pre-Starter. However, these were not on the menu and thus I challenged how I could have possibly been charged for them anyway. (In fact we were given no option other than a 3 course meal for £90 when we went to the restaurant, even though menu did not show prices, it did state an automatic addition of 10% for the hard-working staff! I hope I was not charged this, although again there was no line to account for this or not on the final bill). The check-out receptionist took offence at my tone and told me not to speak to her in this manner. My wife and I were flabbergasted by her response. We did point out we would not be visiting again and would give a review of this nature on Tripadvisor. If there was anywhere else in the area to eat, then just staying here for the private hot tub would be fun but the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and other than a pub there are no local eateries.

Room Tip: Make sure you hot-tub is truly NOT overlooked. Our room the Rahoune room was overlooked by the open...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
20 Thank John L
Dear Mr Lyons

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your stay at Yorebridge House and thank you for giving us a five out of five on accommodation, cleanliness and location.

It deeply saddens me and my staff to receive such negative feedback, we try to take any constructive criticism onboard and work on it as a team. On this occasion I do find your comments very harsh.

I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your experience in our award winning restaurant and found the food lacking in flavors. We did have a full restaurant on the evening that you dined and all the comments from other dinners were very complementary, some even saying it was the best food they had eaten.

I would like to add that all our waiting staff are trained on our wine list and the reason that your waiter may have struggled with the name of the Champagne is because it is not one that we stock and was a Champagne that you had requested us to buy in especially for you to be in your room on arrival, which then you brought to dinner. Had the waiter known you were going to do this then they would have indeed asked management for the correct pronunciation of the Champagne.

My receptionist approached me once you had checked out and she was extremely upset with the inappropriate and intimidating manner with which she felt treated by you. She has informed us that you did indeed apologise on three occasions for your behavior which you have not mentioned in your review. I would also like to point out that I was approached by other members of my team regarding your attitude towards them. All of us at Yorebridge House pride ourselves on excellent and friendly customer service and would go above and beyond for all our guests which I feel is reflected in all the other reviews on this site.

In regards to your comment regarding our location, we are extremely proud of our stunning location in the heart of Wensleydale where we are surrounded by stunning views of dales, hills rivers and waterfalls which is why millions of visitors flock to the Yorkshire Dales every year and why The Tour De France is going through our very village this July. We are in easy distance to many beautiful Dales villages and towns each with their own great eateries.

I’m the first to agree that we can’t get it right all the time as mistakes can be made, but as I was on duty through the whole of your stay I can personally say that no matter how hard my staff tried it was obvious this just was not going to be enough. I’m very proud of the hardworking team that I have at Yorebridge House and I’m sorry to hear that you do not wish to return to us, however on this occasion (which is the first time ever we have had to say this at Yorebridge House) I believe this would be the best for all parties.

Yours Sincerely

Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Yorebridge was a first for me.

It was and still is the most romantic place I have ever stayed, helped by the fact I stayed there with my first true love x

And this stay was a romantic treat from my girlfriend.

We stayed in the Kariega room with Hot Tub, which we made use of despite the light rain.

Everything about Yorebridge is first class, the rooms, the service and the food

Defiantly going back there soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alan_Whitehead_16
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here for one night in a hot tub room. It was perfect! The service was excellent. The staff where very genuinely friendly. The room was very clean and modern and having a hot tub was a great touch. The food was amazing! I'm a vegetarian my partner is not and we where both very happy with the restaurant. When they bought out appetisers at the start we mentioned I was vegetarian and they where very obliging and went and got some extra vegetarian options for me. The merlot was the one of the best restaurant wines we've ever had. We booked on room for romance and got the hot tub room and 3 course meal with breakfast for 330 with a free bottle of champagne. They actually had offers on the hotel website direct for 200 in hot tub room but the food in restaurant ended up balancing the deal we got but worth checking with room for romance and the hotel direct to make sure you get the best deal. We definitely plan to return in the future!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a treat for my 30th Birthday, this hotel has got everything right, the atmosphere, the decor, the food and the service!!!! We didn't want to leave and even considered booking a 2nd night. Love this place, will be returning as soon as possible!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I’m glad you enjoyed your Birthday with us at Yorebridge House.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best Wishes
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The Japanese room is superb with four poster bed, sitting area, bath and double shower. The hot tub is in an enclosed patio and felt private. The meal in the restaurant was superb. It was a 30th birthday treat for my husband and he really enjoyed it. My only gripes are that the door between the bedrooms and the bar should be kept closed and there shouldn't be noise coming from the bar area after 11pm. Also the breakfast could be better.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 2 nights on the 31st of March.

We stayed in the Nishiki room which was an oriental themed room it was amazing, really spacious with a huge bathroom and a double shower, and we also got our own private hot tub outside the room this was so nice on an evening with lights, candles and champagne very romantic! There was a huge TV with all sky channels and movies as well.

The restaurant was equally fantastic, really great atmosphere with an open kitchen. The food was incredible and presented beautifully, they also give you little canapés and small dishes in between your courses which was a nice touch, it was obvious that all the ingredients were the highest quality and locally sourced.

I can't really think of anything wrong with this place it was heaven! The surrounding area is so picturesque, with lots of things to see. The staff were really great, friendly and helpful they made us feel welcome and we will definitely be coming back! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Mr Raynor,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Nishiki room amazing and also enjoyed your dining experience.

I hope to welcome you back to Yorebridge House soon.

Kindest Regards

Damien Fort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Stone House Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
Burgoyne Hotel
Burgoyne Hotel
#1 of 2 in Reeth

Been to Yorebridge House? Share your experiences!