My husband and I stayed at Yorebridge House in mid January.
I had found it on the a Secret Escapes deal, but dealt with the hotel direct. From the first phone call I made for the booking to leaving the Hotel I could not fault a thing.
The Hotel is in a quiet little village, perfectly situated to explore the beautiful Dales area.
This hotel is rated in the top 10 most Romantic places to stay in the UK and deserves it's place most definitely.
We stayed in the Barn which is a few minutes walk up the road from the hotel.
On arrival at the hotel we checked in and were seated in the bar to enjoy a welcome glass of Prosecco.
We then drove up the road to the Barn to be greeted by David (The owner) who was charming and most attentive, showing us all the facilities on offer (and there are plenty).
The Barn is beautifully decorated and finished to a very high standard. A great deal of thought and effort has gone into creating a beautiful space that works very well.
Wonderful double shower and a large freestanding bath. The bed was very comfortable and there was a large flat screen TV both upstairs and down in the living area (complete with sky tv package and dvd player).
We were only here for the night (unfortunately), but there is a small kitchen and living area which would be great if you were staying for a few days.
Just outside in the small court yard there was a lovely hot tub which was being freshly filled on our arrival. David explained that all the hot tubs are emptied and freshly filled for each new occupant, which was nice to hear and not at all out of character for this hotel who it seems go that extra mile to make your stay something special!
Our dinner at the restaurant was lovely. We were treated to a small tray of canapes with our pre dinner drinks. The food was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked!
Breakfast was equally as nice, my husband chose the Yorebridge cooked breakfast and I had the Buffet style, both were lovely.
On our departure we had the opportunity to see a couple of the rooms in the hotel, which despite being upgraded where very nice and equally tastefully decorated to a high standard.
I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the staff at Yorebridge for their friendliness and expertise and for making us feel so welcome. We will definitely be returning!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yorebridge House is situated by the river on the edge of the unspoilt village of Bainbridge, Wensleydale in the North Yorkshire Dales. All Yorebridge's thirteen spacious bedrooms are individually inspired with sumptuous fabrics for complete comfort. Sky HD and DVD players available in all rooms. The bathrooms have been created for luxury and relaxation. All rooms have stunning views of the dales and some have their own terrace with hot tubs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yorebridge House Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge House Bainbridge, Yorkshire