Found this place on Tripadvisor and fell in love with it just from looking at the website and reading some reviews. I needed a rest from working really hard and feeling quite stressed - perfect place, ticks both boxes. We booked a mid-week special for Weds and Thurs night.
We arrived at 3pm and were shown to our room by a really nice French chap (embarrassed that we didn't get his name because he was a star so I'll call him Mr F). He gave us a tour of the house and then took us on to our room - St Jean - and explained how to use the hot tub which was really simple so not sure why others have commented (moaned) about this. The hot tub was amazing, we hit it straight away then chilled in our room before getting ready for dinner.
We went to the bar around 7.15 and had a cocktail before dinner. Dinner was a 3 course set menu but there were 4 or 5 different dishes for each course. The food was just amazing. You can see the chefs busy at work while dining. It's a really nice dining room. I'm no expert when it comes to wine but we like it and so we asked Mr F for a recommendation based on our meal choices and he recommended one that we'll have and buy again. Three Cape Sisters - lovely. We asked again for the next night and he suggested Cupids Arrow which was gorgeous. After dinner we went to the bar and enjoyed some rum before heading back to the hot tub! The food was amazing and we tried some things that we wouldn't normally eat. Good effort to the Yorebridge House chefs. We thoroughly enjoyed fine dining. Breakfast was also really nice and tasty too. The staff were all very professional but very approachable.
The St Jean room was lovely, the hot tub was private and not overlooked. The bed was really comfy and the room was really very pretty. The TV was great, plenty of channels but there's also a DVD player to use. The bathroom and walk in shower was amazing too but I did miss not having a bath. I think I'd opt for a room with a bath the next time I visit.
We didn't want to leave the room but felt that we ought to at least go out and do some sight seeing on our 2nd night.
If you're reading the reviews and wondering whether to do it or not then it's simple - just do it.
Thanks to all at Yorebridge House for a fabulous time and especially Mr F who gave us some great advice and help with choosing some fabulous drinks. Sailor Jerry being one of them and Kraken for my other half.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yorebridge House is situated by the river on the edge of the unspoilt village of Bainbridge, Wensleydale in the North Yorkshire Dales. All Yorebridge's thirteen spacious bedrooms are individually inspired with sumptuous fabrics for complete comfort. Sky HD and DVD players available in all rooms. The bathrooms have been created for luxury and relaxation. All rooms have stunning views of the dales and some have their own terrace with hot tubs. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yorebridge House Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge Hotel Bainbridge
- Yorebridge House Bainbridge, Yorkshire