“Nice hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Plaza Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were suddenly booked in this hotel over Christmas. It is decent, clean and it was very few foreigners staying here.
The staff is very friendly, Very ok hotel. The foood was very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Kerstin198

Reviewed October 1, 2011

The meals are fantastic, i was there in december 2010 and upto date my children still remembers that.Good and very friendly staff though no entertainment, please do something about the entertainment. Secondly the rooms are well furnished but when i was there they had some insects, hope the hotel has imroved on this.Otherwise the management should market this facility, it has the capacity to be a 5 star!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank scoller o
Reviewed September 22, 2011

With all due respect do something about your facility, upgrade it , get away with old stuff like the fridge and dustbins, mosquito nets etc.
The waiters are plesant though especially Ndungu and the other guy Ngala.

The hotel was so empty that i freaked out considering the room was so far from the reception i had to relocate asap.

I believe you can do better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chichi S
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were there in August 2011 and we were astonished to discover that we were the only guests in the whole hotel, for the next 4 days we had the whole hotel literally to yourself (family of 4). We would take breakfast and dinner in the big dinning room all by ourselves apart from staff .. the management should market this hotel aggressively an make sure its full most of the times as its boring 2 find urself in a ghost hotel. Otherwise the staff are friendly and the rooms r great apart from that old fridge. I can recommend it only if they can get at least 50% bookings.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank smunga
Reviewed December 26, 2010

The hotel is an enigma to me. The hotel itself is very spacious with lovely surroundings, great rooms with quiet and effecient air conditioning, good views and very friendly staff. Yet I was there just before Christmas2010, when most hotels were full, yet the Plaza was operating on about one third capacity! I will not claim it is a five star hotel, but it was excellent value, attentive and good service and good food.
I do not recognise some of the previous reviews, unless the hotel has had its refurbishment.
Somehow I am left with the feeling the Plaza is under achieving and needs to be promoting itself more. .
There are many things within easy reach which are good value experiences. Do not be put off by the beach boys, just be firm and polite, barter for a glass bottom boat trip and enjoy the beach, a good value hotel and most of all Kenya and it's people

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Ram200
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My friends and I were coming to Mombasa and did not have prior reservations. It was very difficult to find a room on a beach hotel during the end of November. The taxi driver recommend this place and I looked on tripadvisor mobile and read the reviews and stopped to check it out. I was surprised that it was a nice lobby and asked to see what rooms were available. We were shown a couple of rooms seemed quite a bit of room and clean. We stayed and enjoyed our stay. The front desk people were very nice. The rooms had air cond. and that was great. I did not check out the refrig - since I had no reason to use it. It is in a nice location on the beach and walking distance to restaurants on the beach.

We had rooms with a balcony and ocean view.

It was a good stay and found it to be at a more reasonable price than many of the hotels in the same location. The pool was average and they provide towels. We enjoyed the pool bar for beers and drinks.

We did not eat at the hotel for breakfast. We drove about 15 to the beach nightlife - ended up at Club Lambada.

It is not upscale but not a dive hotel. I have attached a video.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank surfcali
Reviewed December 20, 2009

The hotel is located very good. You can easily reach many good restauarants (i did not try the food in the hotel) by feet. Mombasa is 30 min. by bus from the hotel. They have many plants and a big pool. You feel like beeing in an oasis. There were some monkeys in the trees. The rooms are big and clean, except the dirty refrigerator. The bathrooms are very nice. The Air Condition was not working properly when i came, but they repaired it within 24 hours. After that it was cooling very good and silent. There was some animation, which was a little bit amateur-style, but i am not interested in animation. I want to see the country. The service was very friendly, as it is in most of kenyas hotels. They gave me internet access at the lobby for free. I liked the hotel. It is not a high class hotel, but it has a good standard. Next time i would go there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank JerryChamp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
#11 of 60 in Mombasa
Bamburi Beach Hotel
Bamburi Beach Hotel
#10 of 60 in Mombasa

Been to The Plaza Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!