All reviewsfrangipani restaurantbamburi beachface liftcoconut treesclean roomsdeluxe roombeach frontvisited this hotelindian oceanlow seasonwelcome drinkevery eveningenjoyable stayfacing the oceanhalf boardbeach boysacacia
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Visited recently, was my first time in Kenya. Was so pleased to have stayed at this fantastic hotel with friendly, helpful staff at all times. Was located with fantastic view of sun , sea and sand. Food was amazing, would definitely visit again and Definitely recommend to friends and family.
As I am a wedding events planner would also Def recommend to clients for weddings and events.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

From my arrival at the hotel, I was treated well by the staff. In fact, the only place I saw poor service was on checkout, as there was confusion regarding my bill along with my reserved transportation to the airport. Beyond that, the staff was amazingly friendly.
The room, although large and comfortable, was in desperate need of a face-lift. The view was very nice, however (this was a Deluxe room).
The food, as has been mentioned in other reviews, is very uninspired in the Acacia restaurant (the all-inclusive meals), and fairly limited and expensive in the Frangipani restaurant. However, there are decent places to eat nearby if you can fight your way through everyone who wants to separate you from your money outside the resort.
A couple of suggestions: first, if you don't want hawkers bugging you every minute of your stay, keep away from the beach or anywhere near the beach. They line up at the seawall and wait to get someone's attention. They all want to sell you something, and you could find yourself out of money before you know it. The prices they charge, even with haggling, are a total ripoff. Second, if you stay in one of the Deluxe rooms (south side of the hotel, closer to the water), be ready for some of the loudest music you have heard coming from the next resort, especially on Saturday night. I had a morning flight out on Sunday, and the music kept playing until 4:00am, meaning I got zero sleep prior to my flight.

Room Tip: Try to get something on the north side of the hotel if you want a chance for quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Duggle1
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

The service is poor the hotel has a nice view of the ocean but the rooms each day we had issues, the fridge doesn’t work and empty promises to fix it, the meals were low quality. On arrival we got our room but no tour or explanation of the hotel activities despite most of us on full board.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

The pool and bars were great. Rooms very clean and spacious, all with balconies or verandas equipped with comfortable chsirs and small table.
Staff very helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated the quiet. Lots of places for good conversation in comfortable beach front lounges or chairs with tables.
Within a hundred meters are two additional restaurants with nightlife. Also immediately outside the gate are amazing massage at 1,000 an hour.
Great stay for 3 nights.

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful beach front hotel, clean and pleasant enough service.
However meals are a raw deal...... their buffet lacks options. Meals are flat- no taste. When we ordered an early breakfast because of an early departure- we served with bread, tea and a fruit despite paying for a full breakfast.
Book hotel on accomodation only and eat meals at other nearby restaurants!

2  Thank Anneliese-Owuor