Travellers Beach Hotel & Club
  • Pool
$38
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach boysindian restaurantsnack barday safariwater volleyballt shirtsall inclusive guestshalf boardanimation teamcleaned dailyour waitergreat holidayall inclusive packagebamburi beachbeach frontmosquito netindian ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2009

This hotel is advertised as a 4 star but in reality its a 3 Star. The rooms are clean and basic but are in need of some updating as they are little bit tired in there look. All rooms have AC and mosquito nets and both are a must. The restaurant is buffet service and again the food is what you would expext from an all inclusive in Spain. The grounds of the hotel are nice and it has 2 big pools both with bars. One of the pools is an adult only pool which is ideal for relaxing by. Be careful of wearing anything white in the sawimming pools as for some reason it will go yellow!!!! The staff are very helpful and chatty and the service they offer is more akin to 4 star service but that is the only thing that is 4 star. Overall I enjoyed styaing here but i'm not sure if i would go back after seeing some of the other hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The junior staff in this place are great but the management are something to be desired.I was impressed with the pool and general facilities but was very unhappy at the overall treatment from the Hotel.I was charged Ks1450 for a plate of food for a guest I had already paid Ks3000 for all inclusive.Ther was no communication concerning this and I was coerced into paying a bill which was changed twice.When I challenged the so called Tour Rep he asked"which bill would you like to pay then?"He gave no support to us whatever.As far as recommending this place to others.I would never.The senior staff of the hotel need training in Customer Service and Communication and I am disappopinted that they allow corrruption to rule.By the way the standard of this hotel is no way a 4star.The food was also low standard and evening meals were often the lunch time food re-made.I've been to many All inclusive resorts in my time and this one was by far the worst for what it was advertised to be.THEY LIED BIG TIME.

3  Thank Apostle John C
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Just returned fro the travellers beach on all inclusive basis. Our first time in Africa so we were a little apprehensive but we had no need to worry. The rooms are a little dated but very clean(daily basis) the pool and resturant areas are beatiful.
The staff we encountered we alll very helpful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them. I dont know how they do it as the temperature was stifling and even I found it a little too humid at times. The food was very good and varied and also excellant value. for the money paid. The only downside was the beach boys as they are affectionatley called. Dont expect to be able to walk along the beautiful white sandy beach uncompanied!
The entertainment is mixed ...some excellant, some good and some funny without intending to be. I would definitely recommend to others and come back to stay.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

If you have been on an all inclusive holiday before you will already know what to expect as this hotel is no different to the ones in the Dominican, Turkey, Cuba etc. I do not want to be negative as there was nothing wrong with this hotel and maybe its because we have done the all inclusive package once too often and it is time for a change but there was nothing about this place that stood out for me. So for that reason I will just try to offer some tips which I hope you will find useful.
For anyone who is confused between Travellers Beach and Club - it is one large hotel but with two separate sides. If you book an All Inclusive package you will stay on the Club side of the hotel, whereas if you book Half Board it will be Beach. We booked with First Choice which was AI so we were located at the Club side of the hotel. I believe the Beach side is quieter but the only time we wandered across was to go to the Indian restaurant or to use their larger reception where you can cash traveller’s cheques. So I will stick to what I know and that is Club.
ROOMS
Our room was basic but adequate, quite large with a nice balcony (one of the bigger ones) over looking the “quiet pool” located at the top area of the hotel, furthest away from the beach and bars (Nice and quiet). The room was kept clean but it was shabby and it did smell a bit too. No fridge but you got 2 bottles of fresh water each day.
TIP: Make sure your air con is working and if not report it immediately and they will move you to a new room.
FOOD
The food was good, especially for an all inclusive hotel. There was plenty of choice, however, after 2 weeks it did start to get boring, but that would be the same where ever you went. The dining area was always hot, no air con and lots of flies. We tried the Indian restaurant which was quite good – this was air conditioned and fly free!! It wasn’t like any Indian meal I have had back home but it was still good in a “different” kind of way; prices similar to home, maybe a fraction cheaper.
TIP: Men take long trousers or ¾ length as you are not allowed to go for your evening meal in shorts. Try and get a seat by a window or a fan.
POOLS
There were 3 pools on the club side of the hotel. The top pool was quiet and some days only the two of us around it. The next two pools were bigger but busier as they were closer to the bars and also the beach. We always used the top pool which was surrounded by trees, so yes the leaves did fall in, so did a few insects but the pool-boys were always around clearing it and keeping it as clean as possible.
TIP: Always wash your ears out with clean bottled water each time you swim – quite a few people had ear infections. My husband ended up with a perforated ear drum as a result of an ear infection caused by swimming in this pool - very painful and still suffering – both of us!!!!!
EXCURSIONS
There are many excursions on offer. Other than safari the only one we went on was The Sun Set Cruise along the creek. As it was our honeymoon they (the guys from the hotel in yellow t-shirts) organised it so we could have the boat to ourselves. We had champagne whilst watching the sun set and it was almost romantic! When you book this trip one of the guys comes with you, he tells you some history as you sail along but then instead of disappearing while you drink your champagne, he brings out a third glass and joins you!!! That aside, this trip is also a must if you like sea food! After your cruise you are taken to a floating restaurant and served a huge platter of fresh sea food – lobster, crab, giant prawns, calamari, fish steaks, fish fingers (OK no fish fingers). Personally, I hate anything with eyes and legs so this did nothing for me but my husband loved it, Oh and so did the guide!!!!!!
TIP: If you do this trip and don’t want sea food, tell the guide in advance and he can order you something else.
THE BEACH
Be prepared to be pestered. We only approached the beach twice and twice turned straight back. We were on honeymoon and didn’t want the hassle. Forget quiet romantic walks along the beach as it’s not going to happen.
TIP: If you want to go snorkelling from the beach go to the Maldives, otherwise leave your mask at home!
THE STAFF
The staff were friendly and always happy to help. Almost everyone greeted you as they walked by and always smiled.
TIP: There is one pool-guy who is great, if he gets to know you, he will get your bed set up each day and get you fresh towels. This was fine for us as we were always the first people up and round the pool but if he got carried away and brought too many towels for anyone to use it did cause havoc but this was fun to watch, especially when the French got annoyed!
ENTERTAINMENT
We never stayed around for the entertainment but I believe there was something on each night.
TO SUM UP
It is fair to say we had a nice honeymoon in Kenya. I don’t think it could have been improved by going to a different hotel as I believe there are all very similar unless you pay a lot more money. We have been to Kenya before and the reason we returned was for the safari not the beach resort. The safari was fantastic and to be honest if someone had said I could have stayed there and not return to the beach I would have done so happily. Back at Travellers we sat round the pool all day as we didn’t want the hassle on the beach, we didn’t want the evening entertainment either; At the Kilaguni Serena Lodge, Tsavo West, there was a swimming pool and a watering hole where 100’s of animals came to drink, that was entertainment enough for us.
TIP: Make the most of the safari – go for as long as you can, the lodges are much nicer than the beach hotels and so peaceful. Choose a lodge with a swimming pool but most importantly a watering hole. If you don’t like the idea of being on safari for too long maybe go for 2 shorter ones to break up each week. Don’t bother with the day trips – they are a total waste of time. You need at least 2 nights, or at the very least 3 nights if you only plan to go once.
One final tip - whilst on safari – don’t eat the fish –sometimes it is not as fresh as it should be and cause you to have an upset tummy – not nice if you are out on a drive!!!

2  Thank Defrost