Travellers Beach Hotel & Club
$42
$141
$133
Agoda.com
Pa Pweza Adamsville Beach Suites(Bamburi)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Pool
$59
$38
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach boysindian restaurantsnack barday safariwater volleyballt shirtsall inclusive guestshalf boardanimation teamcleaned dailyour waitergreat holidayall inclusive packagebamburi beachbeach frontmosquito netindian ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here with my family over Christmas. The service was mediocre, they ran out of the Tusker keg beer. In the rooms the mattresses are the very soft spring type, the showers lack force.

On Christmas the dinner was laid out in the car park lawns and tennis courts. The tables being laid out in the centre with the food tents surrounding. Whilst trying to go to the food tent my wife tripped and sprained her ankle from a jutting drainage pipe in the ground. We brought this to the attention of the management, but hardly any remorse was shown by them.

Room Tip: Keep balcony doors locked at all times, as there are plenty of monkeys around.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dipak N
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2012 for 4 nights at the conclusion of a safari trip. Very unusual layout of hotel as the rooms are all based around the pool up a variety of open stairs.
Was originally allocated a room on floor 3 but got moved to one on floor 1 as the original had a view of airconditioning and roof top. New one was excellent with a pool view and no steep stairs which was useful as I injured my knee on day 2.
Pool was excellent and very clean, the service was very good in the restaurant and the buffet style meals worked well. Very strange though that the all inclusive area is a totally different area of the hotel where the entertainment was and it had separate pool area - a little strange as it made you feel second class being in the half board area when you visited the all inclusive.
The bed was ultra comfortable, the only problem with the room was that there was a light on outside 24 hours a day and this shone into the room making it light all night.

Room Tip: Try and get a pool view as the others dont have a view at all
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed early Nov at RM 109, very excellent service from WALTER O, during mealtimes, this was my second visit and I was not dissapointed I am glad that they are giving good service to Kenyans too, I have heard many complaints from other hotels that residents are not getting equal service...Thanks Travellers Beach Hotel!!

Room Tip: Poolside facing rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isaac K
Reviewed November 4, 2012

we stayed 11 nights nights at this hotel,all inclusive,very very clean,food was brilliant,staff are very helpful,fantastic view of the Indian ocean,entertainment every night,4 swimming pools,from the deep one 10foot down to the childrens 3 foot 6 inch...very clean the pool water,it is cleaned thoroughly every morning,there are 2 poolside bars...we have been to Kenya nine times,and I can honestly say,this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in...the staff are very helpful,if you need anything etc just ask reception and hey presto,they will sort it

Room Tip: Any room on the all inclusive side are much better standard,then those on the half board side,All inclusive rooms are nearer to the main restaurant and evening entertainment
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Having lived in Kenya as a child and being unable to afford this hotel then it was an amazing experience to be able to afford to stay here with my family. My mother is disabled and wheelchair bound, staff were so courteous and friendly, they ensured they got us ground floor rooms and we had supportive sweet staff always willing to transport us to the dining hall, as there are no ramps in place they were willing to use service entrances. We stayed in the Travellers Club side and it has easy access to the beach, there are a few pools, 2 for quiet swimming, and 1 main pool with a pool bar. The entertainment each night was fun, although we went out of season it never felt boring. The weather looked like it would rain but each day was beautifully sunny. The double bedrooms have a double bed and a single bed so suitable for a family with a child. All rooms are kept clean and tidy and have satellite tv available.
The people on the beach are nice and friendly and tend to live you alone once you refuse to buy their items politely. We got a lot of attention as Swahili speakers, the Kenyans are a very friendly nation and they could not wait to show us how hospitable they are.
All in all had a really good time at Travellers Beach Hotel. Bamburi beach is stunning and is a nice walk along the beach, Mombasa beaches are the best I have been to in the world. This was a stunning break and as it was out of season and we had a disabled person in our party they were willing to accommodate that, the staff are nice and sweet and the Breakfast/lunch/dinner is delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is stunning with real friendly staff, the only down point was the WiFi which I paid so much for to connect with my iPhone was erratic and whenever it did connect, it was patchy service. I also do not recommend the facial in the spa, prices were average compared to UK but so much was done on my face with harshness, at the end I had huge purple bruises and looked like I had been beaten up took a few days to get rid of them but did not look like that made difference.

Room Tip: Choose Travellers Club side as this is quieter and seems more private.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family