We recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 4 nights.
We booked for a standard room but they upgraded us to the Comfort class rooms in the main block at the rear of the hotel.Ask for room 300.
The view from the rooms is not much, unless you get rooms 310-313 and then you can see the sea and the pool.
The rooms have been recently renovated and they have been decorated in a classy way and no expense has been spared.
the good news is that they had actually hired an interior designer to decorate and you can see the difference.
All the rooms have a nice fitted bathroom with a shower cubicle and a nice washbasin with recessed lighting from behind the mirror.
They also have a shaving mirror in every room.
All rooms have a 29" LCD television and a Lamu day bed to relax in whilst watching television.
They have huge 8 ft by 8ft beds fitted with soft comforters.These really help when you wanna set the air conditioning to really low temperatures.
The drainage in the rooms needs to be looked at as the shower water would not flow out easily and the loo had problems flushing.
The food is still very good and the pizzas at the flame tree are still very very edible. The pasta has gone down a little bit since we last ate there a few years ago.Drinks are a little bit on the higher side but not as expensive as other similar class hotels.
Visit them for a really relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GPS Koordinaten: 3 59 13 Sud, 39 44 21 Ost ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Jovago.com, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Severin Sea Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Severin Sea Hotel Bamburi
- Severin Sea Bamburi
- Severin Sea Lodge Kenya/Bamburi