I checked in on 25th June and I am checking out on 29th February. The rooms are clean and the food is ok...hotel food. I felt disappointed when on my second day in this property when I dialled from my room #3029 to seek for room service. Ideally I requested the operator after dialling digit 0 that I wanted to buy a tooth paste. However, the lady mentioned to me that tooth paste will be delivered to my room as a complimentary. That meant that I don't have to pay for it.
Well, being an evening and busy watching World Cup, the lady called me one later to ask if the tooth paste has been delivered. I told her that no one had delivered it. So she said to me not to worry because someone was on the way. I waited and decided to call lady but unfortunately I could not get through.
The following morning I called back and I requested if the same can be delivered in my room and the gentleman the other end said that it will be done but he told me that they sell it. 2 mins later it was delivered. On enquiring about my previous night experience, the gentleman said that I was misguided and that the lady should have told me the truth or even call back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Africa's finest resort, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa is conveniently located on one of the longest magnificent beach fronts on the Kenyan coast. We take pride in ensuring our guests enjoy the most relaxing and comfortable stay in tastefully furnished rooms and suites offering spectacular ocean, pool and garden views. For dining and entertainment, guests can choose from three themed superb restaurants, two great bars, and the exclusive Cocos Beach Bar, overlooking the beautiful Mombasa Ocean. There are four outdoor swimming pools with water slides, spring board, diving boards and four floodlit tennis courts that also serve as a landing ground for helicopters. A fully equipped wellness and fitness club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, a PADI diving centre and a host of water sports, like snorkelling and jet skiing are also available. Be it a family holiday with children, beach wedding, honeymoon, business meetings with a difference or special interests like deep sea diving or fishing, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa has something special for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort And Spa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Whitesands Hotel Mombasa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa Kenya/Bamburi