“Not Very Happy”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Not Very Happy”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I checked in on 25th June and I am checking out on 29th February. The rooms are clean and the food is ok...hotel food. I felt disappointed when on my second day in this property when I dialled from my room #3029 to seek for room service. Ideally I requested the operator after dialling digit 0 that I wanted to buy a tooth paste. However, the lady mentioned to me that tooth paste will be delivered to my room as a complimentary. That meant that I don't have to pay for it.

Well, being an evening and busy watching World Cup, the lady called me one later to ask if the tooth paste has been delivered. I told her that no one had delivered it. So she said to me not to worry because someone was on the way. I waited and decided to call lady but unfortunately I could not get through.

The following morning I called back and I requested if the same can be delivered in my room and the gentleman the other end said that it will be done but he told me that they sell it. 2 mins later it was delivered. On enquiring about my previous night experience, the gentleman said that I was misguided and that the lady should have told me the truth or even call back.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the sea
1 Thank OMAMBIA V
Francis M, General Manager at Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Omambia V,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort and Spa as your preferred hotel during your recent holiday and having spared time to share your memorable experience in this forum.

We have taken note of your feedback in regard to room service during your stay, we are looking into the matter so as to ensure it never reoccurs and all our guest are comfortable through out their stay .

Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went on the 18th of June and from the beginning the food was horrible, and despite several complaints there were no changes in the food (we stayed for 8 nights) and were served the same bland menu everyday
everyday. The rooms are old and rundown, especially the old wing and the staff was so incredibly rude to us.we were a huge group of students and they basically treated us like kindergarteners, never listened and blatantly ignored us and everything we had to say.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank sophh-x
Raj V, General Manager at Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost kindly accept our sincere apologies.
We have taken note of your feedback in regard to room status during your stay, food and menu items served. it is quite unacceptable to be ignored by any of our staff members, we are keenly looking into it to ensure it does not recur and all our guest are comfortable through out their stay .

Nairobi
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I checked in at The Whitesands on 25th June and was warmly received by the front office staff. The rooms are great and menu is all inclusive. The staff in this hotel are all warm and will serve you with a smile

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the beach is great as you can sit at the balcony and enjoy the beach breeze
Dear Becky1973Nairobi,

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience. We have taken note of the areas that we need to work on to enhance our guest experience.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

What can I say ??? The perfect place to get married !! As we did. All the staff without exception were amazing ! We were very looked after, and couldn't have ask for more. We did pay for the upgrade and understand that we would have been upgraded anyway as we were getting married, but others in other party, didn't pay for the upgrade , but we given it anyway. We had amazing views of the ocean, and were near the quiet area, near the spa. All arrangements were made by the hotel, and they were great ! We married on the beach. We paid for all inclusive and it's defiantly the best way to stay ! Food and drink available 24/7. There is nothing more you could ask for. Really want to return, but can't travel due to restrictions to Kenya ! We will def return, I love this place, it has a very special place in my heart xx

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janie1969,

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience during your stay and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience. We have taken note of the areas that we need to work on to enhance our guest experience. Congratulations on your wedding and we were honored to be part of it.

Jhb
Reviewed June 23, 2014

One of my nicest breaks! The Hotel was clean, great sea views and the staff over eager to help and friendly. I will definitely return. The food was great at The Pavilion restaurant - vast choice on the buffet. Plenty of entertainment as well. Special mention to Margaret at front desk and Phillip at Lido restaurant for the extra mile. This was my first visit to Mombasa and I am sold because of this resort. Wow Wow Wow

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nairobi
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great food, clean rooms, great pools. Stephen and the other waiters in the Pavillion Restaurant dining room are always ready to help, but are not always hovering at your elbows like other places. We will come back again!

• Stayed June 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Mombasa and is reasonably priced. I have stayed her over the past 11 years and found it to be consistently good. Spend a little extra and get a Premier Seafront Room and make sure it is one of the renovated rooms. Beautiful beach and view of the Indian Ocean.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a Premier Seafront Room and make sure it is one of the renovated rooms.
1 Thank roryjdoyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Severin Sea Lodge
Ziwa Beach Resort
Ziwa Beach Resort
#9 of 14 in Bamburi
Nyali International Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!