The hotel has a fantastic location at the truly white beach just outside Mombasa. A large pool area gives ample opportunity for everybody to swim and relax. There is both a kids and "silent" pool area. Note that there are no life guards on duty. Going to the beach is also possible, but there are many hawkers constantly approaching you for boat rides or selling something.
The garden and pool area facing the fantastic beach is very well kept and offers beautiful evening strolls or a sundowner in the bar. The Dawa drinks fits well with this place after sundown.
The rooms are old and the whole area calls out for a substantial refurbishment. The pool area, rooms and in general the buildings cannot have been refurbished for the last decade or so.
Service is very good and in general helps you with whatever you might require. Note that the hotel doesn't provide any tours - all have to be booked separately if you want to venture outside. Its a half hour drive to the old Mombasa or the lovely golf courses that surround the area.
The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner that is included in the price is the best Kenya can offer. I have not experienced such great buffets anywhere in Kenya. 5 stars for this one.
The seaside lunch was not very good - our sandwich had mouldy cheese and clearly wasn't being kept refridgerated, a common problem in Kenya.
Almost next door there is a good Italian restaurant if you want to try other dinner options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Africa's finest resort, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa is conveniently located on one of the longest magnificent beach fronts on the Kenyan coast. We take pride in ensuring our guests enjoy the most relaxing and comfortable stay in tastefully furnished rooms and suites offering spectacular ocean, pool and garden views. For dining and entertainment, guests can choose from three themed superb restaurants, two great bars, and the exclusive Cocos Beach Bar, overlooking the beautiful Mombasa Ocean. There are four outdoor swimming pools with water slides, spring board, diving boards and four floodlit tennis courts that also serve as a landing ground for helicopters. A fully equipped wellness and fitness club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, a PADI diving centre and a host of water sports, like snorkelling and jet skiing are also available. Be it a family holiday with children, beach wedding, honeymoon, business meetings with a difference or special interests like deep sea diving or fishing, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa has something special for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort And Spa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Whitesands Hotel Mombasa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa Kenya/Bamburi