Overall we had an amzing time and the hotel is beautiful - the pictures do not do it justice on the website. There is an abundance of greenery and feeling of space. On advice of a friend I had booked a sea view room as these were the new rooms. They are absolutely beautiful although our music connection didn't work and although this was highlighted to the management it wasn't fixed.
Positives: The food was amazing. Huge choice. I had been apprehensive there wasn't going to be much healthy food but there were so many amazing salads and delicious fruits I was spoilt for choice (as well as happily tucking into the less healthy pastries and puddings)! Friendliness of the staff there was second to none. From managers to cleaners we were consistently greeted with smiles. Ann and Geoffrey in the main restaurant deserve a mention for being lovely and working extremely hard! The pool choices were great: childrens', a quiet pool and one attached to the pool bar with music, which catered for everyone's requirements. Fun evening entertainment from the 'animators' which covered a good cross section of cultural dancing to good old fashioned kareoke. Special mention must go to Victor who took us for fun pool aerobics every morning, talked to us about his challenges in attempting to set up a dance school for the orphans of Mombassa and dazzled us with his dance skills at night!
Negatives: On the last day we were kindly allowed to stay after check out until we headed to the airport in the evening but asked to move rooms. Although we were happy to move our own luggage, the team insisted we waited for it to be moved for us. We ended up waiting for nearly a precious hour of our last day before saying we would just leave it in the room and they could move it when they wanted. Our luggage was then moved to a different room to the one we were told, when that was rectified we were given the wrong key to the one our luggage was in! We ended up spending much of our last day chasing our luggage around the complex. To make things worse, we did not hear the word sorry from anyone we spoke to about this and felt that after a brilliant week had ended on a slightly irritable and sour note.
After finally getting to the room we had been moved to for the last day I felt that had we been given these rooms to spend the week in, I would have been extremely disappointed. They were three star rooms at best with stains in the bath.
Overall, great experience and wonderful cocktails!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Africa's finest resort, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa is conveniently located on one of the longest magnificent beach fronts on the Kenyan coast. We take pride in ensuring our guests enjoy the most relaxing and comfortable stay in tastefully furnished rooms and suites offering spectacular ocean, pool and garden views. For dining and entertainment, guests can choose from three themed superb restaurants, two great bars, and the exclusive Cocos Beach Bar, overlooking the beautiful Mombasa Ocean. There are four outdoor swimming pools with water slides, spring board, diving boards and four floodlit tennis courts that also serve as a landing ground for helicopters. A fully equipped wellness and fitness club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, a PADI diving centre and a host of water sports, like snorkelling and jet skiing are also available. Be it a family holiday with children, beach wedding, honeymoon, business meetings with a difference or special interests like deep sea diving or fishing, Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa has something special for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Jovago.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort And Spa
- Whitesands Hotel Mombasa
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa Kenya/Bamburi