We visited the neptune again for the third year running as we love Kenya, the staff and the rooms are great in this hotel.
Unfortunately this time we were disappointed with the selection of food, which was bland and boring and rarely hot enough. Due to this fact, most of the regular returning English visitors were booking to eat outside the hotel at the travellers indian restaurant, the moorings or la marina. There was always plain rice, undercooked boiled potatoes, bone stew, ox kidney casserole, fish which wasn't very nice as it had very little taste. On occasion you could put a decent dinner together but this was far and few between. Very disappointed with the food this year.
To top this off I contracted a 24 hour vomiting bug which by the time I got home had turned into nasty painful Gastroenteritis from which I am still suffering pain.
The staff were lovely as usual, The Professor, Gibson, Benson and the rest in the bar, and Steven and Leonard in the dining room were particularly helpful, unlike the two female staff, one was miserable as sin and the other as daft as a brush!
The room cleaner Simon did a fantastic job.
We might give this hotel one more chance to see if the food improves but to be honest, I doubt it will unless the other people who were there also complain, as a lot were also unhappy.
Another really annoying point is that all the drink mixers are FLAT! Always, and it's like drinkng sugar water. We didn't enjoy any alcoholic drinks due to this and stuck to water. The only bar person who always checked it was The Professor but it was obviously due to the poor equipment.
The pool staff Cosmos and Danson were marvellous as always.
The Gardener Omari is also worth a mention as he is such a lovely man and does a great job.
We will be thinkng very seriously about whether to give this hotel another chance due to the awful evening food selection. The breakfast was always good though and we never tried the food at lunch time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the silver sands of the Bamburi Beach, 14 km to the north of Mombasa City and approximately 24km from Moi International Airport, the resort offers all the comforts of home and maintains an open air feel due to its large reception and hallways. This resort is very popular with regular guests, offering very good service and a family atmosphere. Special highlight is the lush garden area and the new terrace with a view of the Indian Ocean. There are many quiet areas throughout the resort including the newly created “coffee shop” to offer you calm and relaxation. The generous lobby and the impressive halls create an open air feeling leaving you with plenty of room for your very individual holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Neptune Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Neptune Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Neptune Beach Hotel
- Neptune Beach Resort Kenya/Bamburi