This resort was every bit as beautiful as the photos available on the internet, but the amenities listed were misleading. The "all-inclusive" rate turned out to be only semi-inclusive. Only two alcoholic beverages were available in this package, and inclusive meals were served cafeteria style three time slots a day, like summer camp. It was difficult to find any sort of assistance throughout the day. The food was mediocre, but not terrible.
The woman at the front desk was very unpleasant and in no rush to help anyone out. The website also advertised free wi-fi in the resort. I was taking a full schedule of online courses that semester and was very specific about only booking hotels that offered free wi-fi. It turned out to be a shakey connection that cost money for every 15 minute interval. Even if you paid for sessions, each 15 minutes required a new password and you would be booted off. Which messed up some timed assignments for me. My father and I spoke to the general manager who seemed ti find it amusing that I would need the internet so badly. I pointed out the "free wi-fi" phrase on their brochure, which he read and ignored. This place has the absolute worst customer service.
The rooms were okay, nothing to write home about. The monkeys that come wreak havoc on your balcony around sunset were definitely the highlight for me.
There is an Italian restaurant just next door down the beach, one or two doors to the right of the Bamburi boardwalk section. I can't remember the name, but they have great food, cold drinks, excellent service, and free wi-fi.
I would not recommend Bamburi Beach to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ziwa Beach Resort is located directly on Bamburi Beach, 12km from downtown Mombasa and 24km from Moi International Airport. It has 7 beach cottages each with two, 2 bedroomed self-catering apartments and 1 beach cottage with 6 hotel rooms overlooking the Indian Ocean and the beach. All rooms are air-conditioned, equipped with large hard wood double beds or twin beds, shower/toilets, kitchen, dining room, a private sitting area where guests can drink and watch the sun go down in total privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Ziwa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Bamburi
- Ziwa Beach Resort Kenya/Bamburi